An exhibitionists dynasty

MarkB

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No set date, just whenever. I prefer pitching with guys like Borrell, Karstens and DeSalvo rather than an all-out flamethrower like Hughes, but maybe soon. I last started with him on the 7th of June, so he's due an outing. We'll see.

Well, given his mini-David Ortiz status, I figured I should avoid the fastball middle in. ;) Actual pitching experience really does make for better pitch sequences, in my opinion. If I had never pitched before, I would probably have given him that fastball middle in, and God knows how the game would have went from there.

Well, given his mini-David Ortiz status, I figured I should avoid the fastball middle in. ;) Actual pitching experience really does make for better pitch sequences, in my opinion. If I had never pitched before, I would probably have given him that fastball middle in, and God knows how the game would have went from there.

i think that's true as well - i especially notice it when i play my more football oriented friends...they don't tend to mix it up as much as they should.

nice shutout. Given the quality of your screens and angles you should probably of been a cameraman, you missed your calling perhaps.

Since you like the pitching game so much, have you tried reversed angle pitching? for that extra dose of realism. If anything you really get to see how dramatic those breaking pitches (which you're so fond of) can be

Yeah, maybe. I've always liked photography and the act of capturing a specific moment in time in just one image. One of the "If only" things in life.

I tried the default reverse angle, but I hated it, and found that I really struggled against lefties with it. That's what finally persuaded me to switch to the directly behind the pitcher view when pitching. I don't have anything big with breaking balls, but I cannot stand using fastballs too much, both in reality and in MVP. I've found that mixing it up well produces much better results if you know what the batter is looking for, and can locate your pitches well.

I'll hopefully have another game up in the next few days, BTW. :)

cool.

Hey how about a centered reverse pitching view? That way you pitch without bias to lefties or righties. I used to use this, but since I play mostly on xbox..

I have the view from 04 somewhere I could edit your datafile. Just an idea.

That's true, I don't get many blowouts.

I can see how it would help with judging pitch location, but actually hitting with it? God, no. Weak fly balls and grounders abound.

I'm in the mood for a game now, but the Thunder game is starting in just over 40 minutes, and I remember what happened last time when I tried a game so close the the Thunder broadcast. :lol:

• 2 years later...

It's on the "When I get more time I'll..." list. ;)

Man, Waterfront Park looks very out-dated in those pictures. By the way, for those interested, I'm just putting the finishing touches on '08 Waterfront Park and I'm hoping I can get it released in the next few weeks at most.

Archived