Fav PLayer (PLease post im doing a research project)

BigRog

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well all Giants fan when they hear Smoke on the Water they should instantly remember this guy. His name is Robb Nen and he went out guns a blazing. He is one the reasons that the Giants made it to the WS in 2002 and he pitched through pain until he could barely throw. He was pitching with a torn labrum and a rotator cuff and althrough many people call him stupid for doing this. I respect anyone who goes out with guns ablazing and who gives himself up for the good of the team. He was the opposite of Schilling a man who gave it all up and lost in the end.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=nen

Read this article and it will show you now why many Giants fan squirm in their seats when it comes to the 9th.

Well all Giants fan when they hear Smoke on the Water they should instantly remember this guy. His name is [marq=up]Robb Nen[/marq]and he went out guns a blazing. He is one the reasons that the Giants made it to the WS in 2002 and he pitched through pain until he could barely throw. He was pitching with a torn labrum and a rotator cuff and althrough many people call him stupid for doing this. I respect anyone who goes out with guns ablazing and who gives himself up for the good of the team. He was the opposite of Schilling a man who gave it all up and lost in the end.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=nen

Read this article and it will show you now why many Giants fan squirm in their seats when it comes to the 9th.

Nenn was an amazing closer i respect him so much

Nenn was an amazing closer i respect him so much

yes...i was so pissed when i found out how injured he was. of course, not at him - at the fact that the giants were going to lose one of the greatest closers of all time. he always had a flair for the dramatic though - seemed like he always put the tying or winning run on base just to give us a jolt. :D

Dontrelle Willis, because of he's a team player, has a great attitude, and he's unique. He seems like a fun guy to be around, and he is a great all-around pitcher.

willis is great but he hasnt been around long enough for me to actually think of him as an elite athlete. he posts good numbers but he is still too new to the league for me

Yep now the Giants havent had a good closer since him and probalby wont have one for a long time. Now whenever I have a franchise I have to create him and make him my closer.

in your franchise you could just always trade for an superb to excellent closer

[marq=up]Curt Schilling [/marq]because he speaks his mind , [marq=down]is an avid video gamer [/marq], and is also a phenomenal pitcher. I once read an article about Schilling playing games like EverQuest etc in a computer gaming magazine...and even though he had beaten the Yankees in a thrilling World Series and I was still recovering from the pain I forgave him and became a fan.

And of course , #8 himself Cal Ripken Jr...a class act and a true gamer who played in 2131? consecutive games to break Gehrig's record. He is an icon in Maryland.

gotta love them video game athletes.

Gregg Zaun because he was a backup his whole life and when he got the chance to play everyday, he made the best of it. He has a very good work ethic, and he hustles everyday

same with mirabelli. he only plays every 5th day or so but he makes the best of it and plays with his all. Red Sox Nation owes him their lives when he catches Wakefield

ortiz is the most clutch hitter in baseball, and he is a good guy. i have no problem with him.

on a note related to ortiz, every time the yankees get to ortiz and manny, i wanna slit michael kays throat for saying "pick your poison" every ******* time.

I'm beginning to like Reed Johnson more and more each day. I love that he plays the gmae the way it should be. He's not looking for the glory, he plays to help the team win. I've never seen him slack off on a play. And his old style uniform is fantastic! Interesting fact: he chose number 3 because he wanted only one number on his jersey so it wouldnt way him down when he's running. That means something to me.

Archived