Cleveland vs. Tampa Bay, Game 6

Sheets' One-Hitter Forces Game Seven But Crawford Injured

alcs6end5cy.png

Scoring

B1: Huff two run HR

T2: Blake solo HR

W - Sheets (1-1) L - Byrd (0-2)

Game Notes:

Carl Crawford left the game in the bottom of the third with an apparent dislocated finger...Paul Byrd left the game in the bottom of the seventh after taking a Toby Hall line drive off his left leg. No word on either injury at deadline.

Players of the Game:

Aubrey Huff 1-3, HR, 2 RBI

Ben Sheets 9.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 3 SO

For Boxscore, click here

Carl Crawford Out For Playoffs

Tampa Bay received potentially devistating news today as it was announced that 2006 AL MVP Carl Crawford will miss the remainder of the playoffs with a dislocated finger.

Crawford, the catalyst behind the Devil Rays first playoff appearance, was not available for comment but manager Joe Maddon had this to say when asked about the impact:

"How the [expletive deleted] do you think we feel? He's the [expletive deleted] MVP of the league - they don't just give that [expletive deleted] out. But we have some great character here and we'll get through this."

The injury to Crawford means a great shake-up for the lineup as Kevin Frandsen and Kevin Cash are the only available bench players left for Tampa Bay in the ALCS. This is the probable lineup released by Maddon earlier today:

Baldelli CF

Frandsen SS

Cantu 2B

Huff LF

Thome DH

Wigginton 1B

Young RF

Hall C

Upton 3B

If the Devil Rays are able to win today, call-ups will be made to replace Crawford and Pedro Feliz, who was injured earlier in the series.

League Injuries:

CLE SP Paul Byrd will miss the remainder of the playoffs with a fractured leg, suffered on Toby Hall's line drive in yesterday's game.

Cleveland vs. Tampa Bay, Game 7

Rays Fall A Game Short Of Series In First Playoff Appearance

alcs7end8ng.png

thomedejected8pj.png

Jim Thome sits alone after Delmon Young flies out to end the Devil Rays' playoff run.

Scoring

T3: Vazquez single scores Belliard; Michaels double scores Vazquez, Peralta

T4: Belliard two run HR; Hafner single scores Michaels

B6: Cantu solo HR; Huff solo HR

T8: Broussard double scores Hafner

W - Westbrook (3-0) L - Fossum (1-2)

Players of the Game:

Jorge Cantu 4-4, HR, RBI

Ron Belliard 2-4, 2B, HR, 2 RBI

For Boxscore, click here

2006 World Series Recap

Cleveland Wins Series On Eleventh Inning Walk Off

New York Mets 2, Cleveland 5

New York Mets 6, Cleveland 2

Cleveland 6, New York Mets 5

Cleveland 5, New York Mets 0

Cleveland 0, New York Mets 5

New York Mets 5, Cleveland 0

New York Mets 4, Cleveland 5 (11)

wschamps8tp.png

Ron Belliard hits the World Series winning homerun off Billy Wagner - is named WS MVP.

wsmvp1am.png

Well everybody, hope you enjoyed this thing. :D I'm going to hold off a week before starting my next dyansty so as I can play with photoshop a bit and try and make a banner for my Giants dynasty.

Please leave some comments/ideas about what you enjoyed, what you didn't, and what you would change. I will take all into consideration when I begin my Giants dynasty. Again, thanks for watching! :D

Congratulations on your success! Getting to within a game of the World Series is a great thing to achieve, especially with the Rays. :) Great job!

PS: Glad to see my Mets make the Series (even if they lost) ;)

thanks man - the devil rays are a pretty fun team to do...especially with crawford. can't believe they always put him on the block in other dynasties i do.

the mets had a pretty good year - cleveland beat just about everybody down though in the playoffs (swept the yanks in the first round). i think i could have had them if crawford hadn't of gotten hurt in game six. oh well, though...my giants dynasty is up and running now. come check it out sometime :D

Archived