Taking Down the Beasts of the East: A New Jays Dynasty

cybernetic

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your hardest pitch to hit? Mine is a 94mph sinker breaking away from the batter. I get fooled everytime.

Mix that in with a 78mph inside curveball, and I'm about to come out of my chair and beat the wife. ;)

lol i feel your pain. Me it's basically anything off-speed out of the zone after any hard throw lol.

which is basically how the pros pitch.

I'll make contact, but it's usually a grounder or fly. I used to hate Greinke for that fact (59mph curve..) along with many others

lol i feel your pain. Me it's basically anything off-speed out of the zone after any hard throw lol.

which is basically how the pros pitch.

I'll make contact, but it's usually a grounder or fly. I used to hate Greinke for that fact (59mph curve..) along with many others

From my experience on this level (All-Star), you've got to pay total attention for each pitch.

How more realistic can it get? :)

From my experience on this level (All-Star), you've got to pay total attention for each pitch.

How more realistic can it get? :)

Yeah I noticed that too.. in Pro you can just guess a lot and get a hit often but on All-Star if you guess wrong it's a swing and a miss or a weak out. Anyway I'm off to bed now.. Jays game on TV tomorrow at 12 PM vs. the Mets. It's getaway day and also Mr. Potato Head Day. The Jays actually have a day off on Monday and then Washington comes into town on Tuesday though.

Jays Shut Down by Beckett

April 21, 2006 - Game 15/162

linescore6jb.jpg

icon_tor.gif

The Boston Red Sox edged the Toronto Blue Jays the narrowest of margins at 1-0. The lone run in the game came in the top of the first when Manny Ramirez lined a basehit up the right-center gap and was thrown out at 2nd trying to stretch it into a double. On the play, Coco Crisp scored from 2nd after being hit by a pitch to lead off the game. The Jays best chance to score came in the 7th when the Jays had Rios at 3rd and Wells at first with just one out for Troy Glaus. Unfortunately, Glaus grounded into an inning ending double play. Beckett worked his way out of trouble on several occassions and fell just short of throwing a complete game shutout as he was relieved with 2-outs in the 9th for closer Keith Foulke after allowing a 2-out single to Alex Rios. Foulke to Wells to pop out in foul territory to end the game and seal his 5th save. Beckett picked up his first win of the season improving to 1-1, while Chacin falls to 0-3 with the loss. Neither team had an extra base hit in the contest, but the Red Sox slightly out-hit the Jays 6-5.

Brandon League made his first appearance this season for the Jays, allowing just a single in a scoreless inning. The Jays offensive struggles continued tonight as they didn't score a run and had just 2 runners in scoring position in the game. The Jays have scored 58 runs through the first 15 games which averages out to just under 4 runs per game but they have allowed nearly 4.5 runs per game.

Boston Scoring:

1st: Ramirez RBI 1B

Toronto Scoring:

None.

Clubhouse Talk:

"We really have straighten out our hitting, it's been atrocious the last few games." - Vernon Wells, CF

"Good pitcher's duel tonight but our offensive struggles continue. Gus is a good pitcher and he pitched an excellent game tonight, he didn't deserve that loss." - John Gibbons, Mgr

boxscores9ph.jpg

plines6sj.jpg

Players of the Game:

BOS: Josh Beckett, SP-- 8.2 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K

TOR: Gustavo Chacin, SP-- 8 IP, 5 H, ER, BB, 2 K, HBP

Outlook:

The Jays will try to even the series in the middle game. Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay (0-2) will be on the mound against Matt Clement (0-1). Halladay had been inconsistent this season and had two poor outings in his first 3 starts. He was roughed up badly in his last start against the Chicago White Sox.

probables5bz.th.jpg

standings9vs.th.jpg

Transactions:

TOR releases RP Matt Duff (AAA); promotes RP Ryan Houston to AAA.

GM Speaks on Transactions:

"Duff is a veteran minor leaguer who has struggled with injury his entire time with the Jays AAA team since being signed as a minor league free agent prior to last season. He had decent numbers in limited duty last season, due to injury and has looked awful this season. We decided that we didn't want him to block some of our better prospects from reaching AAA and let him go."

"Houston is a kid that impressed us last season coming off an injury-riddled 2004. He posted an ERA of 2.68 in 33 appearances last season at AA. He would've made the jump to AAA this season but the roster was full. He had 50 strikeouts in just 40 innings last season and has a very good arm. He can hit 94-95 consistently with his fastball. He was off to a very good start this season in AA posting an ERA below 2 and almost a 2:1 K/IP ratio."

yea UR 6.5.. I tweaked them and fixed their pitches although a lot of minor leaguers have almost no command

I'm about ready to do that. I played the xbox version for a long time so I'm used ot Halliday's pitches, not sure they are all that correct though.

Any source where I could get their correct picthes you would recommend?

Dynasty update: I probably won't play many games over the next couple days (if any) as I'm swamped with midterm exams this week. After Wednesday morning I'm done with them for the week though so I'll get back to it. I'm gonna start doing a new layout as well to make it more graphically appealing and more exciting to follow.

I have created a new layout using the mlb.com layout and will be unveiling it after I play my next game which I will play following the Jays game tonight. I have also found a host for my boxscores.

I've opted to go with the "real" GM approach and I will make trades based on needs only. Guys I probably will get rid of before the end of the season include:

Eric Hinske

Frank Catalanotto

Scott Schoeneweis

Ted Lilly

All these guys will be free agents in the off-season unless I choose to re-sign them. As well, I plan to get rid of Josh Towers at some point during the season. There won't be many trades early in the season, but as the deadline comes closer I may look to shore up the team.

tor17.jpeg

A couple of notes on those moves:

-Jason Frasor will now be the closer for AAA-Syracuse for the time being.

-Brian Wolfe has been moved from LR into the A rotation in Wideman's spot.

-Danny Solano is just a depth move to A until 1B Joey Metropolous comes off the DL in another 10 days or so. Dunedin was only playing with 2 bench players.

Box Score

Standings up-to-date, just prior to gametime of game 1 vs. Baltimore:

tor17-stand.jpeg

With the team slowly falling out of contention I'm want to unload some guys that I don't intend to re-sign but still keep the team competitive.. I need some offensive spark in the lineup as well as another starter.. I'm in the process of working out a deal with Washington:

Rumored deal:

Washington gets:

C Bengie Molina

SP Josh Towers

+a prospect (right now Josh Banks, Jason Frasor, Russ Adams are all possibilities)

Toronto gets:

2B/LF Alfonso Soriano

SP John Patterson

+prospect

The CPU accepted this deal with early tests.. I'm not sure if I should go forward with it at this point though. Molina has been a bust for me this season, he's hitting just under .200 through 18 games. Although the entire team is struggling offensively of late (mainly due to my approach). I'm trying to get Washington to throw in another guy in the deal, maybe a prospect but they won't go for it. The CPU will only take the deal if I absorb half a million in salary in the deal.

tor19.jpeg

Box Score

Note: I had to get rid of the play-by-play since it was messed up with game going 14 innings.

tor19-stand.jpeg

Minor league movement:

3B/2B Eric Arnold (AA) demoted to A

SS Manny Mayorson (A) promoted to AA

OF David Smith (AA) demoted to A

OF Maikel Jova (A) promoted to AA

-Arnold will play 2B for Dunedin, moving Klosterman back to his natural SS position

-Mayorson will be the everyday SS for New Hampshire, Raul Tablado will now move over to 3B

-David Smith will be the starting RF for Dunedin

-Maikel Jova will be the 4th outfielder for New Hampshire

Archived