A's Dynasty *A Western Showdown*

JoeRudi26

JoeRudi,

You have truly set the bar for presentation with your dynasty thus far, it is simply breathtaking and I mean that. I hop you stick with it, and I'll definitely be checking in.

Thanks Hibs. First of all, baseball is truly my passion. I've always played my seasons manually. All 162 games, and I do it every year. Sometimes it's hard to keep up, but I manage year after year.

This site and all the modders have truly made this the best baseball video game available, and sharing it and putting it down on 'paper' is actually quite a blast.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it, and I DO plan on sticking with it. :o

Cheers! :pals:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ Colorado Rockies[/align]

[align=center]Post Game Report[/align]

[align=center]Game 1 (3 Game Series)[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Player of The Game - Jason Kendall[/align]

[align=center](4-6/3 RBI/HR/2 Runs Scored)[/align]

[align=center]*Oakland Bats Come Alive*[/align]

Jason Kendall and Bobby Crosby (Left and Middle) go back to back in the top of the 5th with monster shots to left. (Right) Frank Thomas ropes a laser over the left field wall.

[align=left]Despite 4 errors on the defense, The A's more than made up for it on the offensive end. With homeruns from Jason Kendall (8th), Bobby Crosby (7th), and Frank Thomas (10th) and 3 hits apiece from Mark Kotsay (3-4, RBI) and Nick Swisher (3-5, 2 RBI), the A's answered the bell that Ken Macha was desperately ringing. Jason Kendall (8th) and Marco Scutaro (3rd) added doubles, with Kendall only needing a triple for the cycle.[/align]

[align=left]For the Rockies, Luis A. Gonzales hit a pinch hit homerun (17th) in the bottom of the 9th, but it was a little too late. Kazuo Matsui went 3 for 4, with Todd Helton (12th) and Jamey Carroll (3rd) adding doubles.[/align]

[align=left]Barry Zito (8-2, 2.29) went 5 2/3 inning, giving up 4 runs on 6 hits. Kiko Calero (2-2, 3.32) and Dan Meyer, who saw his first action of the season, rounded out the pitching and sealed the win.[/align]

[align=left]Zito - "We got the run support that we needed. This pitching staff is alot better than our win/loss record portrays. When Esteban (Loaiza) and Danny (Haren) come off the DL, we have the ablility to be the best pitching staff in baseball."[/align]

[align=left]Kendall - "I'm really seeing the ball well right now. I was guessing all day, but luck was on my side. I guessed it, he threw it. And when that happens, it's hard to miss."[/align]

Ken Macha - "We were hitting the ball all over the place today. Hitting Coach Gerald Perry has stepped it up a notch in the cages, and not a moment too soon. If we continue to hit like this the whole series, I'm going to put a bid in to get Network Coliseum moved to a higher altitude.

Todd Helton - "They were unstoppable today. Every time it looked like we were going to come back, they just pulled further ahead."

Jason Jennings - "They hit everything I threw up there. They were due, and I guess I was the one that happened to be on the mound."

[align=left](Above) Kiko Calero helps out his own cause with a sac bunt in the top of the 7th[/align]

Colorado Pitching

Colorado Batting

Oakland Pitching

Oakland Batting

[align=center]* Oakland moves to 36-35, a first place tie with the LA Angels*[/align]

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ Colorado Rockies[/align]

[align=center]Starting Lineup 6-20-06[/align]

[align=center][/align]

Colorado Batting Order/Lineup

1. Luis A. Gonzalez - 2B

2. Matt Holliday - LF

3. Todd Helton 1B

4. Brad Hawpe - RF

5. Eli Marrero - 3B

6. JD Closser - C

7. Clint Barmes - SS

8. Choo Freeman - CF

9. Aaron Cook - SP

*Oakland Notes*

Danny Haren came off the DL and filled the 3rd spot in the rotation

Brad Halsey to AAA Sacramento

Mario Ramos from AAA Sacramento to Oakland

Daric Barton to AAA Sacramento

Antonio Perez from AAA Sacramento to Oakland

*Steve Karsay Retires*

No biggie, just surprised me. So how many more jacks tonight JR?

I just hope Chavez can start contributing. Through my past seasons, he's normally hit around .280, 25-30 hr. It seems I've been facing alot of lefties with some awesome breaking stuff.

Payton provides some power at times, you just never know when. The shots I (Kendall & Crosby) hit at Coors today were BOMBS.

How many saves does Huston Street have?. I can see were both big fans of him.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of his, I just haven't been in a situation much lately to use him.

His stats are:

22.1 innings pitched

18 sv

ERA 1.21

In other words, he's lights out if I can get him on the mound. :)

[align=center]*PRESS RELEASE* 6-19-06[/align]

Steve Karsay Announces Retirement After 13 Big League Seasons

Oakland, Ca. - Right Handed reliever Steve Karsay announced his retirement from the Oakland Athletics Sunday, ending a 13 year big league career that began in Oakland, and ended in Oakland.

Karsay was drafted by the Bluejays in 1990 (1rst round, 22 overall) and debuted in the majors in 1993. Karsay also pitched for Cleveland, New York (AL), Atlanta, and the Texas Rangers.

After spending all season in AAA Sacramento, the 34 year old Karsay decided to call it quits.

Karsay - It's just time. I don't want to be out there just 'trying to hold on'. I would rather walk out now and not embarrass myself on the mound. I'd rather go out on a good note.

Sacramento Rivercats-AAA Affiliate

Manager Tony DeFrancesco - We all wish Steve well. He feels it's time to move on, and who can tell him any different. This will open up a spot for a young guy hungry to move up through the system. We all bid him and his family well.

WEll, Street is doing good, but Chavy man. He better start hitting.

Chavez went 0-6 in Game 1 @ Colorado. Hopefully he can tee off against right hander Aaron Cook.

As far as Casilla, I'm going to keep him down at AAA for another week or so. He was injured earlier and hasn't seen many innings. I sent Halsey down and brought up Mario Ramos who was 9-1 with an ERA under 3.

I like that. Makes you play with the REAL A's. Chavez better start hitting, at this point I would've benched him. lol.

I've actually thought about benching him but I can't bring myself to it. He has always been solid for me in the past. Always. But if he doesn't start producing, I'm gonna take your advice and sit him down.

I really don't have much of a choice.

Archived