A's Dynasty *A Western Showdown*

JoeRudi26

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Kendall's been doing good. I'm doing a dynasty now and the A's are 51-30. lol. Chaves is hitting .33 with 76 RBI's and 31 homers. Go figure hu?

31 homers and 76 RBI with only half a season played??

Sounds like somebody needs to jack up the datafile a tad :wink: :lol:

I like the idea of playing with realistic rosters because you are forced to make decisions the hard way. Instead of just trading someone who isn't producing, you have to adjust.

When you have key guys injured or not producing, you have to step the strategy up a notch. Winning games this way (at least for me) seems to be a litte more rewarding than just drafting 5 Star Players and rolling the dice.

From High Heat 2000 until last year (MVP 2005), Eric Chavez has batted .279, 28 hr, 83 RBI a season.

But to each their own. I like watching dynasties of all kinds. :)

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ San Francisco Giants[/align]

[align=center]Starting Lineup 6-23-06[/align]

[align=center][/align]

San Francisco Lineup/Batting Order

1. Omar Vizquel - SS

2. Moises Alou - RF

3. Barry Bonds - LF

4. Randy Winn - CF

5. Pedro Feliz - 2B

6. Lance Niekro - 1B

7. Mike Matheny - C

8. Jose Vizcaino - 3B

9. *Matt Cain - SP

Good young pitching matchup here.

Yeah, I don't know much about Cain. I may have to go in before the game and look at some of his pitches and see what kind of velocity he has.

It would have been nice if EA could have added a Batting/Pitching practice mode like High Heat used to have. My datafile (views) are so different from the Mini Games, that it really does no good.

I usually go in and play half an inning to look at a pitcher if I haven't seen him before. I guess you could call it 'scouting'.

Anyway, it gives me some kind of idea before I start the game.

Heres my pitching/hitting view:

Ahh the bay bridge series. I feel torn but A's all the way. The reason Chavy was doing so good was because I was playing all th egames. I play on MVP, so i can't kick it up much more. Keep it up JR!

I knew a guy that was playing High Heat 2004 for PC, and he customized his team with all 5 star players. Bonds, Pujols, Arod, etc...

I saw this guy at work everyday, and he would keep me posted about his season. His team was 80-1 at the All-Star Break, and Bonds already had 76 homeruns! 8O

Like I said earlier: To each his own. As long as you're having fun!

Thanks guys. I really hope people are enjoying it as much as I am putting it all together.

This team is a project in development, and from the way it feels, we're going to be here awhile to try and get control of this division and get to the playoffs.

The sliders I'm using are very competetive. I have to concentrate on every pitch, and every at bat or I'll get waxed.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far!

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ San Francisco Giants[/align]

[align=center]Post Game Report[/align]

[align=center]Game 1 (3 Game Series)[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]Player of The Game - Matt Cain[/align]

[align=center](7IP, 6H, 2R, 6 SO)[/align]

[align=center]*Giants Stomp Out A's In Game 1*[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center](Left) Bonds goes down on a high and inside pitch (Middle) Justin Duchscherer triples and gets caught on an overthrow to 3B (Right) Melhuse singles down the right field line[/align]

Matt Cain (4-7, 5.33), a 2005 Baseball America Top 10 Prospect, proved it Thursday as he mowed down the A's in the first game of a three game series at SBC Park. Cain struck out 6 and walked 3 on 6 hits and 2 runs. Merkin Valdez (4.59 era) faced 3 batters in the eighth, and closer Armando Benitez (7.59 era) picked up his 9th save of the season to close out the victory.

Omar Vizquel (12) and Pedro Feliz (17) both doubled for San Francisco, with Feliz picking up his 46th and 47th RBI's of the season. Moises Alou (.331), Randy Winn (.280), and Jose Vizcaino (.277) all went 2 for 4, contributing to the offense.

Barry Bonds (.376) walked twice but scored in the bottom of the 3rd on a double by Pedro Feliz. Bonds struck out in the bottom of the 4th inning.

Joe Blanton (3-4),with an ERA of just over 4, lost his 4th game of the season, giving up all 5 of San Francisco's runs, striking out 1, and walking 2. Justin Duschsherer (4.41), Dan Meyer (1.59), and Kirk Saarloos (3.43) made up for the rest of Oakland's pitching.

For Oakland, Nick Swisher (11) doubled and relief pitcher Justin Duschsherer (1) tripled in his first at bat of the season, providing the only extra base hits the A's would have all night.

Swisher (47) and Antonio Perez (4) picked up an RBI apiece to account for Oakland's scoring.

Giant's Manager- Felipe Alou - Cain was great out there today. They (Oakland) could barely put the bat on the ball, and when they did, luckily for us they were dropping right in front of the outfielders.

Matt Cain - This is where I want to be. In the Big Leagues. I have to stay in shape and work hard if I want to pitch like I did out there tonight. My arm felt great and my stuff was working. Hopefully I can keep it up through the season and be pitching in October.

Barry Bonds - What can I say. I've walked all season and tonight was no different.

Joe Blanton - I felt OK out there tonight, I mean, I wasn't tired or anything. They were hot early, and they scored in bunches. After giving up 5 runs in 3 innings, I would have pulled me too.

Adam Melhuse - We just have to keep plugging it. Plain and simple. Guys have to contribute every day. The smallest things can lead to wins, and that's what we have to strive for, day by day.

Athletic's Manager - Ken Macha - First of all, I'm not going to let Barry (Bonds) beat us. Barry Bonds is a one man scoring situation, so it doesn't matter if there's guys on base or not. If it means putting him on first, then that's what we'll do to get to the next guy and try to get the out. But I'm here to talk about OUR guys. First of all, our pitching staff is doing a tremendous job. They're going out there day after day and giving all they got without alot of run support, but they're not going to let it get them down. And if you look at the numbers, our pitchers are hitting the ball with some consistency. So it's not for a lack of effort on THEIR part. It's a tight division, and we're in this thing. And we're going to do everything in our power to win the West come September.

[align=center][/align]

[align=center](Left) Mike Matheny guns down Jason Kendall in a Strike 'Em Out, Throw 'Em Out in the top of the 4th (Right) Armando Benitez enjoys his 9th save of the season[/align]

Oakland Pitching

Oakland Batting

San Francisco Pitching

San Francisco Batting

I have a question about your dynasty - First of all I love the way you do a pre-game thing on each game and then the post game recap. But I see you have played like 70 games already, do you sim games or what? Then do you do any recaps on those sim'd games?

Cause I play like every 3 games or so, and sim the rest, but I post the sim results. But my season is going much more slower than I wanted.

I have a question about your dynasty - First of all I love the way you do a pre-game thing on each game and then the post game recap. But I see you have played like 70 games already, do you sim games or what? Then do you do any recaps on those sim'd games?

Cause I play like every 3 games or so, and sim the rest, but I post the sim results. But my season is going much more slower than I wanted.

Joey's right. I play every game. Always have. It's not too hard if you play one game a day if you keep up with the schedule. I want to have total control of my team during the season.

BTW, thanks for the compliments and I'm glad you like it!

He doesn't sim, but he started his dynasty on the day of the season that it actually was. I think he simmed up to that point.

Cain had 7 K's on ya hu? Ouch.

Nope, I haven't simmed any games at all, I just didn't start posting my dynasty until a about a week ago. I really didn't know if people would want to follow it or not, so I was kind of hesitant. Still not really sure, but it's pretty fun to do, so I'm going to stick with it if people want to follow.

My wife and I work at home (Norwegian-English-German-Danish-Swedish) translators, and we stay extremely busy during the winter. Luckily, I have alot of free time in the summer, so I thought I might as well have fun with this.

And yeah, JMc, Cain's sinker was unhittable. 8O

Yeah, tell me about it. On my old Dodgers dynasty, i faced him alot. He's very tough. He just makes u chase his sinker, puts it in the corner of the zone and strikes u out! He's a very good pitcher in the game.

Not to mention he's throwing at 94mph. I damn near fell out of my chair guessing sinker, only to get a 78mph changeup. :wtf:

Archived