A's Dynasty *A Western Showdown*

JoeRudi26

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn that's a lot of words! How long did that take you to learn? :?:

I've been interested in languages since I was real small. I grew up in Texas, and most of my friends were Spanish and that's what got me interested.

But ask yourself, "do I know every English word there is?" Of course we don't, but we can still speak English.

My point is, you don't have to learn every word of a language to speak it. I speak fluent Norwegian (my wife is Norwegian). German/Swedish are 'brother' languages to Norwegian, so I had a head start. Not enough Danish to get me through---yet. And some Spanish.

To answer your question, it takes working with these languages everyday.

How are you? - English

Hvordan har du det? - Norsk

?Como esta usted? - Spanish

Wie bist du? - German

Hur maar ni? - Swedish

My wife has the Norwegian keyboard, so I'm not able to use the correct letters, but see?

Simple. :wtg:

BTW, how's that A's Dynasty going?

[align=center]Oakland Athletics @ San Francisco Giants[/align]

[align=center]Starting Lineup 6-24-06[/align]

[align=center][/align]

San Francisco Lineup/Batting Order

1. Omar Vizquel - SS

2. Moises Alou - RF

3. Barry Bonds - LF

4. Randy Winn - CF

5. Pedro Feliz - 2B

6. Lance Niekro - 1B

7. Mike Matheny - C

8. Jose Vizcaino - 3B

9. *Jamey Wright - SP

Well, I learned something new today, German and Swedish are brother languages. Good explanation JR. The A's dynasty? Bah, I quit it. VERY unrealistic. I mean, Chavez says it all. lol. Another bay area game, I love it. Good luck!

Actually, Norwegian/Swedish/Danish are brother languages, with German coming in at a close 1rst cousin. Blah...enough of the boring stuff.

You quit your dynasty? Maybe you should start over with a more challenging set of sliders? Of course, it's up to you, but I would keep my eye on it.

If you need some tough sliders, just let me know. I can post them for you sometime.

This is truly a remarkable dynasty. Wish I had this sort of talent. Tell me, are you using photoshop to display your starting line up?

Glad you like it and thanks for the compliments, redsox. To answer your question, I'm using Photoshop for the lineups and the Pre Game Report.

I've always enjoyed 'writing' and baseball, so combined with a pretty decent imagination, I can put this together. I think the 'talent' part comes from just doing it so much.

I just played around with the software. I started out making sigs (which I'm not great at) but that's what helped me learn the basics.

The more you 'dig in' to it, the more you'll learn. Are you thinking about starting a dynasty?

Joey's right. I play every game. Always have. It's not too hard if you play one game a day if you keep up with the schedule. I want to have total control of my team during the season.

BTW, thanks for the compliments and I'm glad you like it!

i play all the games of my dynasty too, but i dont recap all of them because i dont have much time as it is.

and keep up the great work.

I have more time in the summer than any other time of the year. Actually, I've saved all my templates, so it's not as time consuming as someone might think.

The most difficult part is coming up with a story, and clubhouse comments.

i use paint and i made a template which is mostly all of tommyjay's but i added a few yankee touches into it. it takes some time though, like resizing the screenshots into the right size and pasting the story and all headlines with proper fonts and whatnot.

I just played around with the software. I started out making sigs (which I'm not great at) but that's what helped me learn the basics.

The more you 'dig in' to it, the more you'll learn. Are you thinking about starting a dynasty?

Yeah. I had one called Bringing back the boston glory days but I copied over a new dynasty over the previous one. I am thinking of doing a new one but with much better things on it. You know have all the cool stuff in it.

I recently got photoshop and I am going to play around with it to make my dynasty more enjoyable.

I still love the way you do the pregame things. Really cool.

Archived