Cool Flow Batting Helmets - Released template for Photoshop

pdub

Original request thread is here

http://mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Forums&f...ewtopic&t=18357

Only thing is I need some help on deciding what the template should be.

Here are the choices.

The 3 holes located more towards the front.

frontleft2eq.jpgfront8dp.jpgfrontright7rp.jpg

The 3 holes farther back.

sideleft0ph.jpgsideright0xf.jpg

I also have a more accurate positioning, but the texture mapping on the model doesn't look as "clean." I also used two different "hole" textures for each helmet. I won't do that when it is released.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went with a forward template, it looks really good in-game, IMO. Thanks to KCCityStar's helmet templates

Mets Cool Flow. Helmet should replace the original all-black and black with a blue bill helmets. If you know how to make the helmet texture in the FSH 512x256 instead of 256x128, its going to look alot better in-game, otherwise the texture will be sized down. If you do know how to make the texture 512x256 in the fsh, please let me know.

FIXED so blue shows up better

metshelmet6wr.png

Dodgers Cool Flow. It should replace home, away, alternate, and spring training helmets.

dodgerscoolflow9rx.png

Teams left -

Angels

Braves

Orioles

Cubs

Mets (all-blue)

Phillies

Padres

Devil Rays

Twins

I installed the mets version in 512X256. One thing I noticed is the blue looks to dark. The only way you can really see the detail is in replay up close. i recomend brightning up the blue. But, I must say great job especially since everyone was having a hard time making them. Great Job, see if you can fix the blue though.

I fixed the blue on the Mets, check my last post. How did you resize the image to 512x256 in the fsh correctly?

The easiest way to get higher-res uniform parts is by using fshed. That's what I've done with all my unis. Just save the helmet as a 512x256 bmp and replace the old one with it in fshed.

I'm most likely gonna come off a bit stupid but bear with me. I tried to install the new helmets (for the mets) I imported the picture using ea graph into to data.big and when i went to load a game it just crashed. what am i missing that is most likely so obvious.

Just a question---a little off topic....

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but just want to double check...

Batting Helmets cant be made player specific can they? I mean 1 certain helmet for 1 particular player?

The easiest way to get higher-res uniform parts is by using fshed. That's what I've done with all my unis. Just save the helmet as a 512x256 bmp and replace the old one with it in fshed.

Thanks I will try that.

I'm most likely gonna come off a bit stupid but bear with me. I tried to install the new helmets (for the mets) I imported the picture using ea graph into to data.big and when i went to load a game it just crashed. what am i missing that is most likely so obvious.

It should be the "models.big" in the "data" directory, I don't recall ever seeing a "Data.big" file. While I was tweaking the helmets I installed KC's Total MLB Uniform pack v. 1.09. Then I tried to import a new helmet into one of the uniform. EAGraph said the import was successful, but when I went in-game, the helmet didn't show up, so I looked in the models.big and the texture I imported was there, so I installed it on a different jersey, then I got back in-game to check if that worked and the game crashed while loading. Luckily I backed my models.big file up before I installed KC's uni's. I haven't tried installing the uni's again because of that error. Maybe a safe way to do it would be to extract the fsh of the jersey(s). Then import the helmets with fshed, save the fsh and import the fsh back into eagraph.

Archived