Cool Flow Batting Helmets - Released template for Photoshop

pdub

Shmooz, why and what do you have to edit in the index.fsh? Can't you just use fshed to install the helmets, or is it not that easy(crashes/corruption)?

Mazel Tov to you.

The size of the files you made are 512 x 512. This info needs to be updated (changed) each time in the index.fsh file for each uniform since the default size of the helmets are smaller.

I actually open the uniform file with nfshtool. This creates a new folder with all the contents of the uniforms in bitmap (.bmp) format. I then overwrite (in this particular case the helmet) the appropriately numbered bitmap with the bitmap file I am replacing it with. (in this particular case the helmet bitmap)

If I were to do as you say, (not edit the index.fsh file) when I saved the file, the uniform info would be incorrect, because the game would be trying to read the helmet of a size that is not there.

I hope I explained it properly so that you understand what I am trying to say.

Thanks for the well wishes. It is much appreciated.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought fshed automatically did that. When I import a graphic into the jersey, the helmet changes from 256x128 to 512x256 :wink: , I just save and import into models.big with EAGraph.

Nfshtool sounds similar to fshline. You drag the fsh on to the exe, it creates a folder with index.fsh and the textures in both the png AND dds format. You delete the dds's if you use png's or vice versa, drop in your images, and drag the index.fsh back onto fshline.exe and it updates the fsh file automatically.

As longs as you have the graphic importer plugin for fshed, you can import a gif, png, psd/pdd, tif, tga, and pcd. Before I had that, I hated fshed because it didn't like my bitmaps. I think I linked to the plugin somewhere in this thread.

All done!!! I will upload a pack for the download section with methods of installation. There will be no installer unless someone offers help in making one.

Phillies Dark Red-Spring Training

philliesspringnk4.png

Padres Blue

padrescopyrp8.png

Padres Black

padresblackcopyue3.png

Devil Rays

tampabaycopywx6.png

Twins Away

twinsawayal5.png

Twins Alternate Dark Blue

twinsaltcopysc2.png

Twins Home

twinscopyes5.png

Pirates

piratescopyem8.png

To install the images you need eagraph. Backup the models.big file located in the "data" directory. Now open it in eagraph. The jersey files start with a "u" and end in 3 numbers and a letter. The 3 numbers are ID's for each team, the letter at the end tell you what jersey it is.

Anaheim is u000

Atlanta is u025

Baltimore is u009

Chicago Cubs is u019

Los Angeles is u016

Minnesota is u008

New York Mets is u028

Philadelphia is u029

Pittsburgh is u023

San Diego is u017

Tampa is u012

The home jerseys end in "a", the away jerseys end in "b". Alternates end in "c", and the spring training jerseys end in "o". All the other ones are throwback jerseys.

Example -

To import the Dodgers helmet on the home jersey, open the models.big file with EAGraph. Scroll down to "u016a.fsh" and click on it to display the filenames for the jersey. The helmet's name is "hlm1", click on it and it will display the image. Now click "Tools->Import Wizard" and a new box will pop up. Choose the first option which should be "Import an existing external file into the current open image" then click next. Click on "Browse" and locate and select the helmet you saved from this thread. Now click next, your jersey is now importing. Wait until it sais "Data Processing Finished" then click finish.

Do the same for all the helmets. Look at the texture that you open in the models.big and make sure your not importing the wrong helmet. For instance, the New York Mets have an all blue helmet and the two-tone Black and Blue. I believe the all-blue is for the home jersey and the black and blue is for away, alternate, and spring training jerseys.

If you cannot see the images, I have no idea why. You may need to upgrade your browser or look for a plugin that allows you to view PNG images. My IE is version 6.0.2900.2180. You can check your version by clicking "Help-About Internet Explorer". In the mean-time, if there is an image-placeholder like a red x or something, please right click it and select "save-as" so you can save it to your hard drive.

Big Shmooz, you may have to re-upload the moser models.big in a day or two, I am almost finished. :D

Followed the instructions to install the Mets home helmet but the game crashes when loading...

EAGraph automatically resizes the image to fit.

To resize, open up the Mets helmet PNG file in EAGraph. Click "Edit->Resample" Enter 256 for the width, 128 for the height and click ok. Save the helmet. Now try importing into the models.big.

Sorry to hear that. You didn't import the helmet into the models.big file that crashed before right? Please make sure you always have a backup of a working models.big before you tried importing anything so you can always go back to it.

Ok, lets try something else. Download FSHed if you don't already have it. Go to page 3 of this thread and look for the links I posted to the FSHed plugins and download the Graphic Importer Plugin and extract it to the plugin directory of FSHed. Extract the Mets home uniform FSH file. Now open the FSH file in FSHed. Click on hlm1 to open its graphic. Now click Tools->Graphic Importer and a new window should open. Click Open and find the Mets helmet you saved from this thread. Click update and and the window will close and the new helmet should be in place. Now go to File->Save to save the fsh. (SEE EDIT BELOW) Open EAGraph and import the FSH you saved back in the models.big. I sure hope this works.

EDIT - I forgot one key thing. When you extract the jersey fsh, you have to uncompress it. So you have to compress it before you import it back in the BIG file. Make sure you have eazip or biggui. With eazip in the same directory as your fsh, open a command prompt in Windows. You can click the start button, then click run and type "cmd" and hit enter. You will have to navigate to the directory that contains your fsh and eazip. Once there, type -

eazip -c uXXXX.fsh

the "XXXX" is a wildcard for your jersey number.

If you want to use biggui, just import the jersey into the models.big with EAGraph. Then open the BIG filein bigGUI, navigate to the jersey file, it should be the only file that is not compressed. Highlight the file and click "Edit->Compress".

Archived