New: Multiple Previews

thr33niL

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Gonna go ahead close down this project for the time being. I know I've done most of the major guys anyway but I had a few more that I never got around to releasing and it doesn't appear that I will. Now that MVPmods requires modders to pay the $5 contibuter fee to upload a mod, I won't be uploading anything until that policy changes.

I don't know how much I will be hanging around here in the future but feel free to drop me a PM if you had a Seattle Mariner questions or requests and I will see what I have or can do. Since cyberface files are small to begin with, maybe I can email a few to people interested.

Thanks for interest guys, it was fun.

Well, now that I have access to downloads once again, I figured I would release at least one more of the guys that I had sitting around.

Mark Lowe is destroying right now so here's his mug. Dude has hit 102 MPH on the gun and hasn't allowed a run in 17.2 innings this year.

marklowemv5.jpg

I threw in an updated portrait for good measure. Hope you guys like it.

just wanted to compliment you on the Mark Lowe face, very nice job.

I also like the little scouting reports you give on these guys, makes it easier to edit them in a realistic way. I pitched a complete game shutout with Lowe (in AA) on just 96 pitches with 5 k's. You're giving me alot of good young relievers to trade for ;)

btw ... is he consistently throwing 99/100 mph?

I agree with KingHernandez.. He has been hitting triple digits pretty consistantly but can punch up 97-99 all day long. I suggested him at 99 in the readme file but since the game usually bumps it up a few MPH, I would set him at 98 and call it good.

The only bright spot for Seattle this year has been the bullpen.. Putz stepping up big.. Soriano coming back to post a sub 2 ERA.. then Lowe coming out of nowhere..

Now if the Mariners could get a few starters and revamp the ENTIRE offense, they might be good someday.. lol

I just put an update on that Mark Lowe face. I overlooked a few things and it would bug the bejezus out of me if I didn't get them fixed. Fixed up a lot of little various things and this should be the final release..

Up in the download section in a few...

markloweor9.jpg

Hasn't every possible Yankee cyberface been done already??? :p

No, not Ron Villone :D . He deserves one though, he has been pretty damn reliable this season. And maybe a new Craig Wilson with the clean shaved look. I know he has one from a while back but he looks different from then.

Here is a Ron Villone photo if you wanna look into it, maybe even James Brent Cox?

I really hope this isn't your last cyberface. You don't know how much joy you've brought to a joyless M's fan. Aside from having arguably the best cyberfaces, you're also the only modder who represents for the 206. Without you, who will do justice for Greg Dobbs, George Sherrill and Julio Mateo?

I really hope this isn't your last cyberface. You don't know how much joy you've brought to a joyless M's fan. Aside from having arguably the best cyberfaces, you're also the only modder who represents for the 206. Without you, who will do justice for Greg Dobbs, George Sherrill and Julio Mateo?

Thanks BMoney.. Sherrill is a guy I definatley should get done. Not sure about Mateo and Dobber though. Mateo, especially, drives me nuts and I hope they dump him in the near future. Dobbs is solid guy but he is sort of in that AAAA mold.

Yeah, Mateo definitely sucks. He's the 2006 version of Matt Thornton - the guy Grover loves to go to despite the fact he gets pummled every time out.

Did you see yesterday's game? They need to do something with Joel. He's arguably the worst pitcher in the majors right now.

In the few AB's Dobbs has gotten this year, he looks really good. I'd love to see him get the chance to play everyday.

They need to take Joel out in a back alley somewhere and put him out of his misery. If they trade him the same thing will happen that happens to every other player, he'll do good elsewhere. And bmoney1045 I agree with you about Mateo and Hargrove. Hargrove has made some dumbass moves this year. They would be okay if they went with only Felix and Jamie as starters and only Putz, Soriano, Lowe and Sherrill out of the pen. Every other pitcher just suceeds in pissing off Mariner fans. I'd like to see a new Bloomquist face. He's a solid all-around player.

I'd like to see a new Bloomquist face. He's a solid all-around player.

Somebody has a really good Bloomquist face already out so I don't think I would mess with him. Sorry, but I'm going to have to pummel you for the second half of that statement :wink: .. WFB, as he is known around the Mariner blogosphere/forums, is a classic bench scrub that is getting consistant PT because he is a "hustler". WFB (Willie F'n Bloomquist) had Bob Melvin and now, Mike Hargrove in his fan club simply because he hustles and is kind of an old school type player. Problem is.. HE CAN'T FREAKING HIT TO SAVE HIS LIFE!!! Dude has ZERO power (3 or 4 career homers) and hits sub .250 lifetime.

Let me see.. this guy can't hit for average OR power... lets give him lots of starts because he gives it his best!!! :x

This isn't little league for crying out loud... Drives everyone in Seattle crazy! WFB does have his usefullness though.. that is as the 25th man, play all positions utility guy. He is a good baserunner and his value is off the bench to pinch run for a slow slugger late in a close game. When he gets consistant starts (like he is now) he isn't worth having on a team.

Back to cyberfaces.. I probably will work on George Sherrill or Eric O'Flaherty next. Thats right.. the Mariners have another badass reliever about to be promoted. O'Flaherty is destroying minor league hitters. Had something like a 1.14 ERA in AA San Antonio with a great K/BB ratio. He recently got promoted to Tacoma and is killing AAA hitters now. Rumor has it that if they shut Soriano down again, O'Flaherty is on his way up. Stay tuned.

Yeah, Felix isn't having a career year, but he's doing better than anyone else on the staff which isn't saying anything at all for them.

Felix will be fine. He has struggled this year as a 20 year old because he hasn't had consistant command like he did in his 11 starts last year. He still has the nasty stuff and his fastball, believe it or not, is getting more velocity. He has touched 100 mph in a couple starts. How many 20 year olds do you see around throwing triple digits? Imagine what he will be like a few more years. YIKES!

Tell you what.. personally, I wouldn't trade Felix for Francisco Liriano (pre-injury) straight up.

Rather than citing his age, I'd argue Felix's inconsistent outings are due to Johjima and the huge language barrier between them.

The Seattle Times had an article last Sunday about how much better the M's pitchers are when Rene Rivera (possible cyberface?) catches. The staff ERA is 2 whole runs less when Rivera is behind the plate.

It's great that Joh is really the first catcher in Mariners history that can hit the baseball regularly. But I worry his ineptitude catching and handling pitchers is a big reason for many of the starting pitching woes the M's have experienced this year.

Felix has been lights out when Rivera catches for him. Instead of recognizing this and making changes, Grover the Goon completely ignores it. If they don't axe Grover and Bavasi at season's end, I'm going to be pissed. Neither of them deserve to be in baseball on a major league level again.

Archived