New: Multiple Previews

thr33niL

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres a face for another Mariner prospect. Since Cruceta was claimed by the Rangers (waivers) I figured I would steal his face ID and make another Mariner guy. I probably will hold off on releasing these faces until I get some sort of package together. Seems to be more organized that way. But if you want a particular face that I havent released, just email me (thr33niL@hotmail.com) and I will send it to you.

wbpb3.jpg

Hey thr33nil, got anything new you're working on?

Just playin around a bit. I might do a few more faces in the next few days if I have time. Just got back from vacation (hunting) and have a few extra days to finish remodeling my bathroom and messing around on the computer.

looks pretty good so far. i've already lost count of how many you've done.

by the way, so i learned that you can't oedit the 04 faces. causes a bit of a crashing thing. so what do you do to go around it when the model doesn't quite fit? do you just use an 05 model?

looks pretty good so far. i've already lost count of how many you've done.

by the way, so i learned that you can't oedit the 04 faces. causes a bit of a crashing thing. so what do you do to go around it when the model doesn't quite fit? do you just use an 05 model?

With 04 faces, you are stuck with the headshape. I really only use the 04 faces when the headshape is really close to right. Otherwise you will have to use an 05 headshape if you want to do any oediting.

But if you want a particular face that I havent released, just email me (thr33niL@hotmail.com) and I will send it to you.

Balentien looks awesome!

Please e-mail his face and your suggested Mariners changes for next season (based on UR 8.0) to me :)

Thanks bro

Balentien looks awesome!

Please e-mail his face and your suggested Mariners changes for next season (based on UR 8.0) to me :)

Thanks bro

Hey Tots, can you post or PM me your email? I know I used to have it and its in the UR thread somewhere but I'm feeling a little too lazy to sort the 8 gajillion pages to find it ;) -

22, and still striking out more than ever.

Yeah, he was a really nice prospect in 2004. He was looking to turn out to be a big time power guy. One of the top hitters in the Mariners system at 19. Then in 2005 he fell on his face and was horrible. Dropped right off the radar. He then had a 2005-esque start to 2006 and looked like he was done as a prospect but came back strong in the second half and looks to still have some of that promise he showed as a teenager.

He probably will start out 2007 with AA but some are saying he will mostly likely see AAA sometime next season.

Dude does strikes out a ton but has some awesome power.

• 2 weeks later...

Sort of high-jacked NYJ's cyberface thread (all apologies) and posted my Billy Butler version. I wanted to help him re-do the .bmp but after nobody looked at it for a few days, I wanted to see what it looked like in-game. So I started from scratch and made this..

billybutlercq9.jpg

Again, sorry for the hi-jack. Will stay on my side of the fence from now on - hehe.

Ok, so after some in-game studying, this is what I've come up with.

Here is the original Billy Butler cyberface I've had for over a year now. It was made by Bodhi:

originalbutleres0.jpg

The original face was made off of this picture that I sent to Bodhi:

butlerrs8.jpg

Now here is a comparison of your cyberface with a real picture of Billy:

butlercomparisonwv1.jpg

So here's what I think -- I like your face better than the one I've previously been using. However, there still seems to be something off about it. When looking at the comparison shot something seems different about the two. What do you think? Maybe it's the laugh lines by his mouth, or maybe it's the way he's looking off to the side. I can't tell... if you'd like to leave it alone, that's fine, as I'll take what I can get at this point.

Also, about your Gordon face. Here is the orignal I told you about,, but doesn't seem to be on this site anymore:

originalgordonak7.jpg

I think you could make an even better cyber of Gordon if you used a newer picture than the one you used before. The thing I like about that above cyberface is that is flat-out looks like him, but I don't like how it isn't totally realistic -- It looks like him in a video game. Your realism is out of this world thanks to your skin textures and such, so if you re-did the Gordon face with a higher res picture I think you could put out a better face than the one above.

Were you really serious about doing more faces? If so, let me know who and I'll send you all the hi-res pictures I have of that particular player... I'm here to help.

butlercomparisonwv1.jpg

This face is quite good, but with a few adjustments, it can be perfect. -first off is the ears are too pointy. A rounding out of the ears in oedit should do the trick. Try rotating his real pic see its horizontal. Then compare some more. I say one side of his chin is bigger than the other.

This face is quite good, but with a few adjustments, it can be perfect. -first off is the ears are too pointy. A rounding out of the ears in oedit should do the trick. Try rotating his real pic see its horizontal. Then compare some more. I say one side of his chin is bigger than the other.

First off, I agree about the ears. Rounded will definitely help out the realism.

And I also was thinking about that chin, as well. It seems the real Butler on the right has a more defined chin, whereas the face on the left seems totally round.

I agree about the chin and ears. Theres something to do with the eyes too.. though I can't really put my finger on it.

Yeah, I was going to post something about the eyes, but I didn't think anyone else would believe me. It's almost as if he's squinting in his picture on the right, therefore his cyberface on the left has him squinting all the time.

Could that be it?

look at the blush on his cheeks, particularly on his left cheek. the blush is still a little low compared to real life. also, he could probably use more creases at the outer edge of each eye, sort of like us asian peeps:) other than that his chin could use a little lengthening too.

Archived