Total Classics phase 6 update

AlexTony

TC6 in final phases of testing

What has been done for TC6?

* more in depth player ratings, attributes tweaking,

team tendencies & appearances

(stecropper, Jim825 & AlexTony)

* upgrades to Ebbets Field, classic Yankee Stadium.

and Griffith Stadium

(Paul W.)

added classic mods for Candlestick Park & KC Municipal

(Sean O.)

* various player portrait upgrades

(AlexTony & Yanks763)

* several upgraded uniforms

(Thome25, Sandman & Royal Blues)

* flapless batting helmets for all pre '72 teams

(Thome25, Jim825 & Sandman)

* EA stock 'old time fielding gloves' for all pre '65 teams

* a couple dozen more player name audio's

(Veesmack, AlexTony & Hory)

* over 100 'new' classic player cyberfaces

(Bodhi, Cankey, Zach, 69yanks, Veesmack, rokcp99,

baseballfans, Uncle Mo, The_Jerk, TheMadcap & Jogar84)

* option to see stats for all teams

(Krawhitham)

* corresponding 'era' batter walk up ditty's

(Edm: - note in progress)

* and a few more minor things

* ALL credits listed accordingly as well as possible

in the 'Who did What' TC6 'read me'

* A HUGE 'Thank You' To Fuzz who will put all this together

with his 'Install it All' abilitiy

Also Thank You to:

tywiggins and his 'Playoff Creator' program.

a program that will now allow best of 7 series against Total Classic teams. Re-live great match ups and create new ones! (Note: you will need to download and install the .NET 2.0 Framework from Microsoft's website)

And To Trues, Mark B, Yankees for Life and ALL at MVP Mods

for hosting this site

all in all a decent upgrade for anyone who likes to

play Classics on MVP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome.....Awesome...Awesome. I have been waiting to see an update on TC6, however, didn't want to pester any of the modders due to all of the hard work they put into it. TC5 adds a whole new dimension to the game, it is great. Thanks to all the modders that are working on this project for their hard work to make a great game even better.

This is a minor thing for you guys, but for me it isn't. I go out of my way to try and spell words right and when I don't I do my best to correct it. Check out this image here and hopefully this can be fixed for Phase 6. Remember, nothing is wrong with the stadium itself, it is just the word. It should be spelled "Milwaukee."

This is a minor thing for you guys, but for me it isn't. I go out of my way to try and spell words right and when I don't I do my best to correct it. Check out this image here and hopefully this can be fixed for Phase 6. Remember, nothing is wrong with the stadium itself, it is just the word. It should be spelled "Milwaukee."

Y4L - I found this a few months ago and was surprised that we never caught it when we released TC5. I was even more surprised that no one pointed out the mistake to us. This has been fixed for TC6. :D

Does this look a little better?

Y4L - I found this a few months ago and was surprised that we never caught it when we released TC5. I was even more surprised that no one pointed out the mistake to us. This has been fixed for TC6. :D

Does this look a little better?

It sure does to me. Thank you again.

One more thing we've changed for TC6:

The LOC files have been updated so that the proper titles are displayed for the songs in the game. How many people knew that there were 6 different renditions of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in Total Classics? :D

One more thing we've changed for TC6:

The LOC files have been updated so that the proper titles are displayed for the songs in the game. How many people knew that there were 6 different renditions of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" in Total Classics? :D

Me. :)

(I enjoyed listening to the music selections you guys picked for TC and also for the '61 mod)

I don't even have MVP for PC yet because they don't have it any stores near me, but this stuff sounds oh so good.

Flapless batting helmets - nice. Never thought of that one.

Old time gloves - does that mean the kind you'd see Christy Mathewson wear?

http://images.google.com/images?q=Christy+Mathewson&hl=en

In old stadiums, can you make it so there's no PA system?

I don't even have MVP for PC yet because they don't have it any stores near me, but this stuff sounds oh so good.

Flapless batting helmets - nice. Never thought of that one.

Old time gloves - does that mean the kind you'd see Christy Mathewson wear?

In old stadiums, can you make it so there's no PA system?

No PA system, like nobatter walk up music and stuff? I think this can be fixed in the datafile.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a uniform flaw for someone to take a look at. Yesterday, Mark and I played a TC game and Mark had the 1985 Yankees team. The uniforms for them are messed up. For example, on the road uniforms there are no numbers displayed on the back of the uniform and on the front, there is a small uniform number there on the left side which is displayed in green. OUCH.

I've got a uniform flaw for someone to take a look at. Yesterday, Mark and I played a TC game and Mark had the 1985 Yankees team. The uniforms for them are messed up. For example, on the road uniforms there are no numbers displayed on the back of the uniform and on the front, there is a small uniform number there on the left side which is displayed in green. OUCH.

Y4L - We've got you (and Mark covered). In TC6, we've got new Yankees uniforms (created by Thome25) that are shared by the '77, '78 and '85 Yanks. Here's a front and back view of Rickey Henderson of the '85 Yankees facing Doc Gooden of the '86 Mets. Please be aware that these screenshots were taken on my work laptop, which only has on-board graphics. They look much better on a system with a real video card

Front:

Back (showing a result familiar to many batters who faced Dr. K :lol: ):

Archived