Brewers "Fantasy Throwback" Preview

FullMetal

First off I gotta say thanks for this site and all of your hard work...this mvp has turned into a small hobby, and I enjoy it, it keeps me thinking and that aint bad at all...

I was messin around with KCCityStars templates and started gettin serious with it and heres what I got so far,(a fantasy throwback inspired by the 1901, basically I wanted to give more life to it and add some stuff) I'm keepin the colors and the logo..the rest is open for suggestions, tips whatever...as soon as I figure out how to get it to the game, i'll upload it to the site..this is my first so any comments that'll help me out would be appreciated.

brew.preview.jpg

Holy jesus, those look fantastic bro

Thanks Homie, glad you like it..dont get attached tho'..this may take some drastic changes..then again it may not..

The yellow pants are kind of goofy, but it looks good so far.

I'm sure the pants wont stay yello for long...im just not sure what color I really wanna use. right now im thinkin Black or Gray.

The logo on the batting helmet is way too big.

ok..what size should it be?..

darken the base black color of the hat and helmet. Also, the "Milwaukee" script is too wide - you'll notice this when you look at it 'in game'. Other than that, welcome to the site! Glad to see you're giving it a go!

Thanks for the welcome homie, but how can I get a good black color on my clothing, and other gear that will still show all the detail and not make it look like I filled it in with marker?

I'll work on that Milwaukee script..I warped the font and scaled it larger..it'll look way different when I take them away..

also remember the back of the jersey is inverted left to right, ie all logos etc need to be mirrored. The cap badge needs to be made wider than tall as the game stretches it upwards and looks good if you can add inner bevel and a texture so it looks like it has been stitched, the helmet logo should be about 60% of the cap logo, and you can make a nice black by selecting the black area (use 25,25,25 black not 0,0,0 - you can experiment here to find what works for you) and copying a new layer from the template and making it 70% overlay, then another layer 100% multiply over the top

Thanks biker jim that seems to be workin out better...i'm changing the font for the milwaukee logo in the font and adding a different font for the back...i'll post my next preview in a min, gotta get the wings off the grill...

FullMetal, that looks awesome. I would just make the pants white and keep the stripe.

Thanks my friend what about black pants and yellow piping and could I add a white border to the piping without messin with any spces?

I'm workin on it as I post this..i'll have a preview as soon as I find another font for the front I may ditch the athletic font.

OK I'm back asnd have changed quite a bit of stuff...I put the yellow on the shelf for now and went with a forest green, white, and black...I also updated it a few decades so its still a fantasy throwback...just not as old as I started off wanting it to be. I'm still not sold on the front lettering, or the athletic font so im open for suggestions. also I resized the cap logos and the helmet logo so lemme know if im close too big or too small...far as everything else goes whatever you can find that you like or dont like lemme know.

1z5px79.jpg

If this works out my next uni will be a 1901 remake where I'll use more accuracy...keep the colors and uni style and just add some patches and logos

I misread a suggestion biker jim made 2 me earlier... I think he was only referring to patches or logos on the back of jerseys, i'm not sure if the front or helmets needed to be mirrored or not..those are psds so its no big deal.. I would just flip em back..

That looks great and all fullmetal, but don't put a name or number anywhere...instead you change the U file to have the lettering and numbering you want. The way you have it right now, Prince Fielder for example will have his name in one font, on top of 'FULLMETAL' and his number on top of the number 72 in a different font.

That looks great and all fullmetal, but don't put a name or number anywhere...instead you change the U file to have the lettering and numbering you want. The way you have it right now, Prince Fielder for example will have his name in one font, on top of 'FULLMETAL' and his number on top of the number 72 in a different font.

lol so much for not posting, but thanks for letting me know that..can I pm you bama?..I have a couple questions about that.

Archived