constant crashes

shoot2kill

hey all, I have uninstalled and installed th2005 a few times now and no way can I get it to work.

I have tried it straight from the disc and with the different patches, and no matter what it crashes right after the 4th game of my owner mode (blue jays against boston). doesnt matter if I use the default rosters or customs.

So I once again uninstalled and reinstalled, and installed the 2006 patch to see if that would work... well, it crashed right after the 1st game. It doesnt matter if I play or sim the games, it crashes right after the game.

I have tried to change rosters, tried to let CPU manage rosters, tried different settings. Tts not a graphics problem, the games play fine. The game crashes after the game is done and it is switching back to the menu. I can play exhibition games and its fine most of the time (sometimes crashes during game).

Anyone else run into this? I have no problem with any other game (I have quite alot), including EA games like madden, nhl...

I think this is a good game and would love to play it, but so far it looks like a waste of money.

Mine is also locking up on Boston home games. I can play away games, but not home. I'm not sure if it does it for any other teams, but I haven't run across any yet.

My only mods are the KSM 0.5 data file and the latest rosters. I have Patch #4 installed I believe.

Have you tried playing an exhibition game with boston as the home team? I'm just curious if it's something to do with Boston specifically.

the boston games are actually being played in Toronto when mine crashes.

Also, with the 06 mod I am playing toronto agasint the twins in the very first game and it crashes after the game as well.

man I wish I could take software back, this is a total waste of money

I'm ASSUMING you guys bought the game so just use the CD's to play rather than the no-cd patch. btw.. you could of easily done a search on this. :roll:

Who said anything about using a No-cd patch?

And do you know how many results you get if you go to searching and type something like "game freezing" or "crashing" or etc?

Don't get frustrated...you have to toy around with some things. For those of you who have installed mods, try running the game before you start modding it. Start with a complete uninstall, a fresh install, make sure you have ALL the latest patches, and then see what that does for you. The installation could've been corrupt because of something else you had running, etc. etc. There's a multitude of possibilities. I will say that this game is not a waste of money, as you might gather from the fact that this entire community is still playing a game that was released nearly a year and a half ago.

Who said those are the ONLY keywords you can search for Einstein?

Keyword: Owner Mode Crash

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Foru...ch&mode=results

Hm...Only Two Pages? Too much for you?

Yeah, I ran some keyword searches for crashing in Owner mode as well. There's some info out there, just got to know how to run your searches.

And Ghostrider gave some good advice also. Got to read up and try different things to isolate the problem.

What are you talking about? Where does it say anything about me having a No-cd crack? It would be odd if it did, because I don't.

Who said those are the ONLY keywords you can search for Einstein?

Keyword: Owner Mode Crash

www.mvpmods.com/index....de=results

Hm...Only Two Pages? Too much for you?

I said and "etc." which would indicate other possibilities.

The search you did does not apply to me. My crash does not occur in owner mode.

What are you talking about? Where does it say anything about me having a No-cd crack? It would be odd if it did, because I don't.

I said and "etc." which would indicate other possibilities.

The search you did does not apply to me. My crash does not occur in owner mode.

Then Obviously I was referring to the thread starter? Wouldn't that be a surprise?

Plus, why are you replying to this thread when your problem is totally different?

As for the thread starter, Im 99.9% your problem is the no-cd patch that your using.

Then Obviously I was referring to the thread starter? Wouldn't that be a surprise?

Plus, why are you replying to this thread when your problem is totally different?

Okay then I guess what is suprising is that you referred to him as "you guys". I didn't realize that he was more than one person, and since I was the only other reply here I assumed that you were talking to me as well. Wouldn't that be a suprise?

The reason I replied is because I had thought his game was locking up on a Boston home game (much like mine is). Since he listed "blue jays against boston" I figured that there was a good chance it was Toronto AT Boston. If that were the case, maybe we could have figured out what was going on, which is why I listed Mods and the Patch I was using to see if it matched anything that he used.

I'm sorry that my response to this thread was not helpful to him, but I don't think it was any less helpful than your first reply?

I had similar problems also, but mine is running fine now and i have the 06 mod, big shmooz models.big, new stadiums, glove pack, portraits, the pirates custom overlays and a lot of the other mods and it is running fine now, what i did was uninstalled deleted everything (2 folders), including emptying the recycle bin and then reinstalled, made sure it played, put in the patch3, then made sure it ran, then put in the 06 mod, made sure it worked, then installed the other mods one at a time checking after putting each one in to make sure it would run and that seemed to do it, everything is running fine with it now. everytime i tried to install the 5th patch my game would crash almost right away. HOPE this helped, don't think i could get anymore detailed but let me know if you have any trouble and also if this helped.

I had similar problems also, but mine is running fine now and i have the 06 mod, big shmooz models.big, new stadiums, glove pack, portraits, the pirates custom overlays and a lot of the other mods and it is running fine now, what i did was uninstalled deleted everything (2 folders), including emptying the recycle bin and then reinstalled, made sure it played, put in the patch3, then made sure it ran, then put in the 06 mod, made sure it worked, then installed the other mods one at a time checking after putting each one in to make sure it would run and that seemed to do it, everything is running fine with it now. everytime i tried to install the 5th patch my game would crash almost right away. HOPE this helped, don't think i could get anymore detailed but let me know if you have any trouble and also if this helped.

Good deal man. Install one mod.. check it. Install another mod.. check it. Best way to do things. Also, I like your sig...

Okay then I guess what is suprising is that you referred to him as "you guys". I didn't realize that he was more than one person, and since I was the only other reply here I assumed that you were talking to me as well. Wouldn't that be a suprise?

The reason I replied is because I had thought his game was locking up on a Boston home game (much like mine is). Since he listed "blue jays against boston" I figured that there was a good chance it was Toronto AT Boston. If that were the case, maybe we could have figured out what was going on, which is why I listed Mods and the Patch I was using to see if it matched anything that he used.

I'm sorry that my response to this thread was not helpful to him, but I don't think it was any less helpful than your first reply?

Yes, EA made this game just to **** the Boston fans from playing at Home. :roll:

If you guys have the brains to buy the game, Im sure you guys have the brains to search for a solution. Im 100% sure someone else have had the same problem.

Yes, EA made this game just to **** the Boston fans from playing at Home. :roll:

If you guys have the brains to buy the game, Im sure you guys have the brains to search for a solution. Im 100% sure someone else have had the same problem.

I'm not a boston fan.

However if we had similiar things (mods) installed, and our games were both crashing on the same field, whether it be at boston, at cleveland, at detroit on the moon...WHEREVER. Wouldn't you be able to think that there might be some sort of connection? I am sorry, I just got this game and I'm not an expert at the inner workings of the program, and how certain mods can cause errors, so I was simply trying to reply to this guy with the little bit of info I had to see if maybe we could figure something out just incase nobody decided to reply to his post.

At the time I didn't realize that the resident expert (you), was on top of it.

I have used the search function to the best of my ability and spent at least an hour reading through "crash" posts that do not match the problem that I am experiencing. Does one exist? Yes, probably....but I'm not going to spend all day looking for it, when I can simply ask here.

I agree that the search function on forums should be used whenever possible, but if someone puts in a valiant effort and comes up with nothing, then they should not be harassed by the boolean wizards.

Anyway, I've gone too far off topic here and it's not fair to the author. Sorry about that shoot2kill.

now back to the thread...

I will definitely try the uninstall, delete, reinstall with patch 3 and thry that. Thanks for that reply.

Yeah Medric822 comes up with some pretty cool sigs, get a hold of him and i'm sure he will show you some of his work. BTW i was having the SAME issues these guys are talkin about, try what i posted earlier and it should work after that. If you only knew how long it took me to figure it all out you would probably appreciate the post more. I tried searches here also and have to agree, sometimes it is VERY hard to find what you are lookin for, i am not tryin to start anything just expressing what i have read from alot of people

now back to the thread...

I will definitely try the uninstall, delete, reinstall with patch 3 and thry that. Thanks for that reply.

If your problem is with Owner mode, Im pretty sure its the no-cd patch you might be using. Not saying you ARE using it but its the most known bug there is out there with owner mode. And Yes, I did a search on this before posting.

And ya, its pretty hard to help people who get offensive. Referring to Phear.

I'm not a boston fan.

However if we had similiar things (mods) installed, and our games were both crashing on the same field, whether it be at boston, at cleveland, at detroit on the moon...WHEREVER. Wouldn't you be able to think that there might be some sort of connection? I am sorry, I just got this game and I'm not an expert at the inner workings of the program, and how certain mods can cause errors, so I was simply trying to reply to this guy with the little bit of info I had to see if maybe we could figure something out just incase nobody decided to reply to his post.

At the time I didn't realize that the resident expert (you), was on top of it.

I have used the search function to the best of my ability and spent at least an hour reading through "crash" posts that do not match the problem that I am experiencing. Does one exist? Yes, probably....but I'm not going to spend all day looking for it, when I can simply ask here.

I agree that the search function on forums should be used whenever possible, but if someone puts in a valiant effort and comes up with nothing, then they should not be harassed by the boolean wizards.

Anyway, I've gone too far off topic here and it's not fair to the author. Sorry about that shoot2kill.

I could rant away on many things you just said in the above post but I will not. Again, I'm here to help.

And ya, its pretty hard to help people who get offensive. Referring to Phear.

Riiiiiiight. Your first post basically said....

"You guys are using a No-CD crack. Even though neither of you have ever said that, nor have I asked you, I just know. Furthermore if you were not stupid, you could have easily found the solution to all of your problems by doing a search. To prove my theories I will post a 2nd reply, and pretend that it pertains to each of your situations."

You said that I was using a No CD Crack.

You said that I could have just done a search and EASILY found an answer to my problems.

You were wrong in both cases. There is no question about that.

From then on you decided to bable about anything else you could think of. Then claim that you weren't talking to me.

And now you are saying that I get offensive? I'm simply correcting your invalid accusations.

Who said anything about using a No-cd patch?

And do you know how many results you get if you go to searching and type something like "game freezing" or "crashing" or etc?

Point in case. But whatever, this argument is making my IQ go down by the seconds. I could careless how much your game crashes anyways.

Shoot: are you sure you're not using a no-cd patch?

Point in case. But whatever, this argument is making my IQ go down by the seconds. I could careless how much your game crashes anyways.

Shoot: are you sure you're not using a no-cd patch?

Right, that proved your point. What you posted was you saying something of no use, and me replying asking what type of drugs you are on.

And it's been obvious that you don't care about peoples gaming experience since your first post in this thread.

Why do you bother reading and replying to threads that you don't plan on providing any help?

You can go ask around and see how much I enjoy helping people who deserve to be helped. Don't spaz at me about how unhelpful I am because you couldn't get your little game to work. :roll:

Oh by the way, your really helping by posting here. Hypocrite.

I see your a very friendly helper around here around eh?

Archived