portraits didn't install correctly

TheNemesis

I just downloaded a handful of the portraits that address recent moves (Lopez to Washington, Guiel to the Yankees, etc) and when I installed them using Kraw's installer thingy everything seemed to go smoothly, but the portraits hadn't changed when I looked at them in the game (ie Lopez was still wearing a Reds cap, Guiel had his KC cap on, etc).

What could be the problem that causes this?

Were they .bmps or .fshs?

they all appear to be fsh files

Aaron Guiel - 1714.fsh

Javier Lopez - 2346.fsh

Felipe Lopez - 1405.fsh

Aubry Huff - 1069.fsh

All 4 are still sporting their old portraits, and according to mvpedit, all 4 have the correct id number for those .fsh files.

Scratch that. It worked in mvpedit, but when I try and select those players in the manage rosters menu, the game crashes.

Also, I'm trying to re-install the previous portraits (from Total Portraits) of those 4 players, but I can't seem to find Guiel in either the Royals or the Yankees packages. Did Hory not do an updated Guiel portrait?

EDIT: I figured out what the problem was. I think the first time around with Kraw's installer thingy I selected the wrong option (not portraits. it might have been option 1 for faces and uniforms.) I redid the install with IT and everything seems OK, and I don't appear to have done any sort of lasting damage or irreversible screw-up to any other files.

Archived