Frustrated!

Beckster24

Hello I know i have asked this same question again and again, but I still can't get the Johnny Damon cyberface to install, it comes up in MVPEdit as the new one have imported it and changed the number

I cannot for the life of me figure out why its doing this, I have done a complete reinstall of everything twice now and still nothing works.

I used Kraw's installer same thing happens, got the Damon with the ugly long hair still.

I am really starting to lose my patience with this.

Thanks

Ok Beckster24, so you are saying that you installed the cyberface of Damon but before you installed it, you changed the number to 901 both in the three cyberface files themselves plus in mvpedit in the cyberface number section. Then you clicked on export in mvpedit & double clicked on the database folder & said ok. Then when it asked you if it was ok to overwrite the files you clicked ok. Then you went into the game & the cyberface still has long hair even though the .fsh cyberface file itself has Damon with short hair?

now when i go to change the number of the face it changes to another player face now, how do i know what number to change it to?

Thanks

Are you comfortable using Microsoft Excel? If so, here's what you can do to find a free face number:

1. Go to the MVP Baseball 2005 data database folder.

2. Copy the attrib.dat to a new file and rename the new file attrib.csv

3. Open up the attrib.csv file with Microsoft Excel

4. When you look at the data, you will see a column named "playerattrib_face2004style". All of the face numbers are under this column. Don't worry that the column header has the text "face2004style". For some reason, the column headers are off by one.

5. Highlight all of the data and sort by the "playerattrib_face2004style" column.

Once you do this, you will end up with a list of all players sorted by face number. Scroll down the list until you find a "hole" between face numbers (i.e. they are not sequential). Any number not listed is available for you to use.

You can use this same technique (i.e. sorting the data) when adding new portraits to the game. To find an available portrait ID, you would sort by the "playerattrib_photo" column.

Off the top of my head...

Click the upper left hand corner between the A column and the 1 row, it will highlight the entire sheet.

Go to the "Tools" menu, select "Sort". (might be under a different menu)

Make sure that the "Header Row" option is selected.

Set the faceid or whatever the column name is as the sort criteria, set it to "ascending".

Click ok.

That should be pretty close.

Off the top of my head...

Click the upper left hand corner between the A column and the 1 row, it will highlight the entire sheet.

Go to the "Tools" menu, select "Sort". (might be under a different menu)

Make sure that the "Header Row" option is selected.

Set the faceid or whatever the column name is as the sort criteria, set it to "ascending".

Click ok.

That should be pretty close.

Yup, it was pretty close. The only mistake was that the "Sort" option is under the "Data" menu and not the "Tools" menu. Select the "11 playerattrib_face2004style" as the "sort by" option and then click the OK button.

Here's a picture of what to do:

I did follow the steps given but its not turning out the same way though

One thing to note is that the roster I used in the example is a Total Classics roster, and not the "regular" MVP 2005 roster. I primarily play Total Classics rather than use the current players.

I did follow the steps given but its not turning out the same way though

I guess I'm just not understanding what you mean when you say it's not the same. Is the wrong column getting sorted, is nothing getting sorted, etc?

Edit:

Here's an excel sheet with all the extra crap stripped out, sorted by face id number.

Edit again:

Updated it to include the managers too.

Edited for the last time...

This came out of UR7.1 plus, and of course I forgot it included a cyberface list. I'm going to try forgeting I went through all this. :oops:

Beckster24 ... I will make it very easy for you. I will give you the cyberface files of Damon. Unzip the 3 files. Import the 3 files to the models.big using eagraph. (make sure to set your models.big to be able to write to if it is in read only mode) All you have to then do is change in mvpedit to cyberface # 029. Then click on export. Then double click on database. Then click ok. Then when it tells you "file exists, is it is ok to overwrite", click ok. Go in the game & I guarantee he will no longer have long hair.

hehe @ jhath sorry I'm taken!

I'm not really sure whats happening I tryed following the steps that were given I dunno just not sorting right for some strange reason.

I will keep trying though it to work out.

I might go wth shmooz suggested and importing the 3 files to the model.big using eagraph.

Appreciate all your help on this guys, thanks so much!

Archived