datafile during dynasty

superdee

I setup my datafile... it works everytime just right during exhibition games, but for some reason every once in awhile the fielding part of datafile, reverts to the default one during my dynasty... I have a modified md3.1 datafile with KSMv1 fielding... in any event, I am not sure what to make of this... some games it works fine and then others I am stuck with the regular fielding view... Should I attempt to change the datafile.big? If so, how? thanks...

yea, I am going to do more testing to try figure out if maybe it could be from me alting out... or a combo of going from Manage to play... It maybe there, because I did an exhaustive search and found nothing similiar, so it maybe related to my playing style...

I am going to first start a new dynasty and see if the same thing happens... It could be that somehow it is corrupted... but what seems strange is that it has never not worked in exhibition mode...

Thanks for the response Big... I will let you know my results...

well well well... look what I found... I will save you all the details of my research and share with you what I have found briefly. Using my mvp06 mod, whenever I select metrodome, which is the default stadium for the Twins obviously, the datafile reverts to default... don't ask me how... I even changed the metrodome.big file several times, including with the original and everytime, exhibition or dynasty selecting that stadium would cause this...

I did a search on metrodome and found some similiarly strange posts about this that never got answered... And in reality it is not about the metrodome, because I renamed the same stadium to one of the minor league stadiums and it played perfectly, it is about whatever stadium during the select stadium screen, if you select metrodome, it will play with default datafile... it's funny because I don't even know how it finds that file in addition, I went ahead and even removed the metrodome.big file to see what happened and the stadium still appeared the same... So it remains a mystery of sorts as to why that happens, but at least I know how to fix it somewhat... I am not sure if this is a problem with the 06 mod, or if it is a game bug, perhaps someone with a fresh install can check the same...

Thanks Big,

In the meantime, I will be posting a list of my house rules and playing style for those interested, it should be an interesting thread...

Archived