Want to get Camera 6 moved back

ekravitz

hey everyone,

I have the datafile set that has camera six directly behind the pitcher. Is there a way I can have the camera 6 the way it used to be which is a little to the left/right of the pitcher depending on the handedness of the batter? I don't want to get a whole datafile set which will override my other settings. sorry for the confusion

Sure. Take the datafile you used with the camera angle you like. Decompress & open both datafiles with dfcomputil.exe. Copy the lines in the datafile that are pertinent to camera 6. Overwrite the present datafile you are using with the copied lines from the camera 6 datafile that you copied. Save your changes in your current datafile. Compress it with the dfcomputil.exe. You're done.

HUH?

I am not sure what you didn't understand. I think I explained it quite clearly.

He wanted to get a certain camera angle into the current datafile he is using. He knows the camera angle from a different datafile. I simply told him to overwrite the camera angle info in his current datafile with the one from the datafile he is not using but nevertheless contains the camera angle he wants to use.

Simple enough.

yeah, I think I got it. I have to use the datafile.txt of disc 1 of the game as that has the correct camera. hopefully, I can find camera 6 on there

If you are using the default datafile that comes with the game, you will have to extract the datafile.txt out of the datafile.big file.

Then decompress (it will create a new file called datafileedit.txt) & open it with dfcomputil.exe as I explained above. You will be actually editing the datfileedit.txt file. Save your changes after you have finished & then compress it back with the dfcomputil.exe file.

Archived