anyone with a geforce 6800?

cruecu

I just got the nvidia geforce 6800 because Dell said it was the best card they knew for sure would work with my Dell Dimension. I have a 3.0 GHZ Processor, and 1 gig of ram. However, the geforce 6800 doesn't look as good as the ATI x300se I just took out..I don't know how to "overclock" or anything like that. I'm pretty new when it comes to video cards, but I saw this one on the list as rated pretty high. Can someone give me some tips. I'm still getting players with rough edges and gameplay is pretty smooth, but probably could be smoother. All my detail levels are on high. I would appreciate anyone's help GREATLY..

I just got the nvidia geforce 6800 because Dell said it was the best card they knew for sure would work with my Dell Dimension. I have a 3.0 GHZ Processor, and 1 gig of ram. However, the geforce 6800 doesn't look as good as the ATI x300se I just took out..I don't know how to "overclock" or anything like that. I'm pretty new when it comes to video cards, but I saw this one on the list as rated pretty high. Can someone give me some tips. I'm still getting players with rough edges and gameplay is pretty smooth, but probably could be smoother. All my detail levels are on high. I would appreciate anyone's help GREATLY..

Have you installed the latest drivers from Nvidia? Also, is the firmware for your motherboard up to date?

The motherboard site will have instructions on the site or in a readme that comes with the download of the upgraded drivers.

Also, have you tried upping your graphics settings in the graphics card settings in windows? I have a 6800 ultra & my game looks beautiful. I play at 1280 x 1024 with both AA & AF turned to the max.

nvidia said the newest drivers have a conflict with the 6800...so i downloaded the previous drivers..then i also hit auto-detect on my visual options..and it switched a few things..now it looks beautiful..maybe that second thing i should have done first..thanks for the help

nvidia said the newest drivers have a conflict with the 6800...so i downloaded the previous drivers..then i also hit auto-detect on my visual options..and it switched a few things..now it looks beautiful..maybe that second thing i should have done first..thanks for the help

Glad you got everything worked out man.

Archived