Game Crash Help!

KingTrobe807

hello....i downloaded all the Total Portraits 06 portraits...and when i saw some updates for players that have been traded i dowloaded them and used bigGUI.....and imported them and overrighted them sameones...and then when i was done closed it and ran the game...it starts and go to the loading screen and then crashes to the desktop with any messages...any way to fix this??

As redsox exlained to you, don't use biggui. It's a terrible program.

Anyway, I am guessing in this case the reason why it is crashing is, because you probably failed to compress the portraits you downloaded before installing them. I can't say for sure, but most uploaders (other than Hory) upload their files decompressed & either forget or don't realize to tell people that the files need to be compressed before installation.

If you use Kraw's installer you don't have to worry about compression. The program is extremely easy to use. The only thing you need to make sure is that the program should be in your main MVP directory. The readme file thats comes with the program is very helpful.

It could be something to do with your download. Download the files again and run Kraw's installer. When it opens up a folder for you, extract the necessary portrait files into the folder and continue. Hope this helps.

KingTrobe807 I downloaded the first one & I was right, it was not compressed. That's why it's crashing your game. Use eazip to compress the files. Then reinstall them using eagraph. Everything will be fine then.

Edit: The Wickman, Hillenbrand, Chulk, Accardo file & the Dessens-Perez file are already compressed in the download. All the rest of the files are decompressed. That's why you're crashing. I can upload the files for you if you want already compressed. Then all you have to do is use eagraph to install. The file is too large so I will have to make 2 posts. The first one will have all the files that were not compressed except for Abreu. The next one will have Abreu.

I am telling you it's not the portraits. I installed them just fine. If the portraits are bad as you claim, how come they work on my computer? I am assuming you are using the same game as I. (MVP Baseball 2005)

You may have done something else & not realized it. Anyway, if you want to start over you can get the portrait.big file off CD2. It is located in the file called compressed.zip. Extract it from the compressed.zip file & put it in your frontend folder. Post back if this solves the problem. I am genuinely curious to know. I still think you may have done something else to the portrait.big file when you tried to install it the first time.

yea..thats fixed it...the game works when i restarted the portrait.big.....thanks guys for your help...now i just cant download them again....where did the download section go..or is there another link to the portraits...??

Download section is closed for maintenance. Notice at the top of the homepage.

im kinda new here..so how long does that take....if it happen before???

Yeah, it's happened before. All forums do it. I know they plan on releasing the final version of the 06 Mod sometime this weekend. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Archived