Ultimate Roster problem...

sdoyle7798

After trying all of the fixes suggested on these boards, and after Totte graciously has been trying to help me, I still cannot get Ultimate Rosters to work for me.

This is for UR 7.1 and 7.2 Standard. I did a clean install (including deleting directories), install patches 3 & 5, then exported the .dat files to data/database folder. Strangely, I was not asked if I wanted to overwrite the files, they just went in. When I went into the game, the 06 Opening Day Cardinals roster was there, not the current one. I reset rosters, and that did not work. So I tried exporting the .mbe file to that same folder. Still, I had the OD roster.

Previously, I had SwingingSoriano’s roster, but I did not re-install it after the clean install.

There was something strange about the resetting of the rosters. After I reset the rosters and tried to exit the Roster Manager, the game told me the AAA Sounds didn’t have all 4 line-ups filled, and the AA Mets didn’t have 10 infielders. The Mets I fixed easily, but the Sounds had, where the catcher should be, the word “null.†I was able to let the computer fix that

Now, I just tried another clean install after deleting my MVP folder in My Documents (I did back it up first). After putting the .dat files in the data/database folder (which, again, I was not asked if I want to overwrite, they just went in), I had the 05 OD roster. Same thing when I tried the .mbe file.

Sorry the post is so long, I just wanted to put down exacly what was done. As I said, Totte has been more than gracious in trying to help me, but even he is at a loss for why UR is not working for me. I really want to use this great program. Please help, if you can.

Unrar the roster into its own folder

unrar this file

http://www.mindwarped.com/roster-installer.rar

and put the install.exe (it is in the roster-installer.rar file) in the folder you made for the roster

The roster folder should have two sub folders "mbe" "dat" and a readme.doc

You put this install.exe in the same folder that has the readme.doc file

Then run the exe and follow the instructions

and Totte feel free to include this installer in future releases it is only 60k

After trying all of the fixes suggested on these boards, and after Totte graciously has been trying to help me, I still cannot get Ultimate Rosters to work for me.

This is for UR 7.1 and 7.2 Standard. I did a clean install (including deleting directories), install patches 3 & 5, then exported the .dat files to data/database forum. Strangely, I was not asked if I wanted to overwrite the files, they just went in. When I went into the game, the 06 Opening Day Cardinals roster was there, not the current one. I reset rosters, and that did not work. So I tried exporting the .mbe file to that same folder. Still, I had the OD roster.

would you happen to have MVP installed twice on your computer. Could you be updating the roster for the other install

by the way if that installer fails to replace the files it will give you an error message

Unrar the roster into its own folder

unrar this file

http://www.mindwarped.com/roster-installer.rar

and put the install.exe (it is in the roster-installer.rar file) in the folder you made for the roster

The roster folder should have two sub folders "mbe" "dat" and a readme.doc

You put this install.exe in the same folder that has the readme.doc file

Then run the exe and follow the instructions

and Totte feel free to include this installer in future releases it is only 60k

I'll add it in the next update - thanks buddy :)

Archived