Wrigley Field update 2006

ChicagoCubs720

The crowd will appear lighter, but to fully edit the crowd's lightness or darkness you will have to change the color of the verts in the Vertex Properties box for the parts of the crowd in the crowd.o file. The best way to do this is find the part of the crowd you want to have the same lightness/darkness as then select a vertex and copy that color from the Color field and select all the verts for the part of the crowd you want to change and paste into the Color field. I'm not really sure what the shadow.dat file does.

Oh man, I've been wondering how to do this forever. Thanks a ton, I always have weirdly colored objects and never knew how to control it.

Sweet.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your beta is great, how much more time until the final version?

I think what I'm going to wind up doing is just continue to make changes to what I've done so far and upload it as an updated beta. What will happen is the beta, once completely updated, will become the final.

Things to look forward to for beta 1.1:

-RF-foul pole added

-advertisement banner behind homeplate

-xiberger's crowd with green seats

-fixed color of upper deck roof (EA made it red). Not a very noticable change, but during some pre-game camera views, it is very visable.

beta 1.2 'bullpen update':

-bullpen benches added

-bullpen phones added

-RF knot-hole (once I find a suitable pic to use)

I've decided I will first focus on changes inside the park, and then move to the outside.

Just to let you know:

beta 1.1 will be released tomorrow upon approval from Trues. xiberger's crowd will be included, but it will be your choice whether to install it or not.

I'm hoping to also release 1.2 tomorrow, or get a lot done on it and release soon after. I still haven't found a pic of the knothole or any good polygons to use as the bullpen seats.

*message to Trues: Would you like me to keep PMing you before I release any updates so you can give your approval, or would it be ok if you post in this thread if you have any objections? I'm reluctant to do this because of what happened with Pirate and that one guy with the Coors Field mod. Of course, I would never de-face your mod like that.

just downloaded it, can't wait to play. Looks great from the screens though! Goo job :wtg:

glad to hear that :wtg:

One thing I would like input on is whether you guys think I should change the advertisement behind homeplate. Does the white in the Bank of America ad interfere with your sight of the ball in view 6?

I darkened the texture, did some O-Editing, and came up with this:

knotholepreviewvn6.png

I just had a great idea after doing this! I'm going to make some dark-gray shapes that look like the shadows of people and blend them in behind the fence. Hopefully, I can make it look like there are people watching the game from behind the knot hole.

Keep up the good work! How difficult is it to bring all of this stuff into a night version?

I have been thinking about that a lot lately. My goal is to finish the day version first and then figure that part out. What I will probably wind up doing is take the day version and add the night sky, the night lighting effects, the night crowd, and all textures from the night version that are darkened or buildings that have lights in the windows. Otherwise, I will have to replicate this entire process. Plus, the night version has many mapping inaccuracies, especially with the bricks. If you look in the night version, all the bricks in the RF and LF corners are lopsided. The day version has a view messed up bricks in the RF area, but nothing too bad. I was going to try and fix it but I would have needed to do that first since I'm using removable.o and the UV-mapping wouldn't matchup just right.

Many adjustments have been made to the crowd. I have completely removed that weird-lookin lady with the stick in her hand. C'mon EA, a stick? :twak:

I replaced her with an empty seat, something I created myself. I will probably release something along the lines of an 'empty seat mod' that will include different-colored seats with alphas to be added to the crowd0.fsh. It actually looks pretty realistic. There are scattered empty seats throughout the stadium, but not too many. Maybe someone could take these seats and replace like 2 or 3 people in stadiums such as Dolphin Stadium, where crowds can be very sparse. I think this is more realistic than just hiding entire sections of people with O-Edit.

:ontopic: back to business. Here's a screenshot, I will release very soon. This will be the 2nd to last beta before I convert this to the night version.

beta12previewul1.png

I have released beta 1.2

just to let you know, this is your last chance to make any suggestions before the day version is made final. Suggest anything and I'll see what I can do :wtg:

the changes that will now be made only involve the buildings beyond Wrigley. The amount of trees will now be doubled (because of removable.o). The trees will be moved to strategic locations to give Wrigleyville a cleaner look. There are various buildings that EA has completely messed up on as far as the mapping goes (I'll show what I mean later). I will be fixing this. the ground texture will also be changed.

I fixed the texture on the Beyond the Ivy 1048. It was an extremely small texture in contained in one of the large BMPs that contains many different textures so I had to stick with the size. I actually made the texture from scratch and added some shadow effects in GIMP and it came out pretty good. The only problem now is the texture on the side of the building, it is really funky lookin. I'm going to fix that. I'm also going to fix the poor texture on the building that is next to would should be the Brixenivy building.

updateev4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I've been enjoying the updates, thank you so much, but also looking at pictures. It kinda looks like you have the fence, along the outfield, going too high. I think it only comes as high as the 3 on the 355 marker. I'm only bringing it up because u said you'll wait till it's perfect to release the final version, and i agree with ss, it doesn't matter how long it takes if it's right. Keep up the good work bro.

P.S. I'm still trying to find a picture of that Zambrano Motorola O ROKR ad for the backstop.

Archived