Is this a game feature, or controller problem?

DodgerBlue08

While pitching, every once and a while the game wont respond to the button tap to set the accuracy of the pitch, and the meter will just go all the way to the end, resulting in a wild/hanging pitch. Is this a feature of the game that just randomly causes bad pitches for realism? Or is it something with my controller (Logitech Rumble pad 2)? Ive never had an instance where my controller has failed to respond during anything other than pitching, and only when setting the accuracy, never when powering up the pitching meter.

It cost me a game in the 13th last night as it caused me to hang a pitch and give up a 2-run double, so I figured I would ask if its something I should look into as far as my controller is concerned, or if thats just the breaks of the game. Thanks for any input!

Same here, computer's "AI" is not very into "finesse" when you are playing dam good, the "AI" does stuff like that or even stuff like this:

"He's foot's off the base" (4 times in a row throwing at first for the final out, they scored the winning run)

what about hitting 6 HR off Johan Santana in one inning?

picking off 8 guys from your team in one game?

make you play 27th innings to win from you with one of the above dirty tricks?

making all your blast shoots end at the wall, or in a "he just robbed a HR" kind of play?

well...there is many many more, some make me laugh, some make want to throw the screen out of my window, it depends of the mood :D

While pitching, every once and a while the game wont respond to the button tap to set the accuracy of the pitch, and the meter will just go all the way to the end, resulting in a wild/hanging pitch. Is this a feature of the game that just randomly causes bad pitches for realism? Or is it something with my controller (Logitech Rumble pad 2)? Ive never had an instance where my controller has failed to respond during anything other than pitching, and only when setting the accuracy, never when powering up the pitching meter.

It cost me a game in the 13th last night as it caused me to hang a pitch and give up a 2-run double, so I figured I would ask if its something I should look into as far as my controller is concerned, or if thats just the breaks of the game. Thanks for any input!

The same thing happened to me a couple of times! It's definitely not a controller issue, as I'm using a Saitek Rumble Pad. Now I'm not really sure if that's it, but everytime it happend to me, my pitcher was in a difficult situation (e.g. runners on 2nd and 3rd, 0 outs). I always interpreted it as the pitcher being nervous. Actually, I like that because it adds a lot of realism to the game.

Archived