The Game Crashes When Loading

mvpfan1001

The game is crashing right before i can play a game. I can load the game fine, i can play dynasty or manager but when i try to actually play a game, it goes into the loading page and then shuts down,turns off, crashes whatever. No error comes up or anything. Just a temprorary black screen appears and then im returned to windows.

Did you install a mod or somthing else right before you noticed it happening? If so, maybe it can be due to that, such as something that part of the game would be using. Peronally, I incorrecly installed a portrait and when it came time to display the person's portrait, the game crashed. Maybe it would be something like that but unique to what you are trying to do when it crashes.

*EDIT*

There are other threads in the support section dealing with the game crashing. Perhaps you can find the answers you need in those threads.

I finally got MVP 2005 on my computer (the graphics on here are pretty weak cause... well, my computers pretty weak) but the damn thing keeps shutting itself off exactly the way the topic poster explained it. Any help is appreciated!

*edit*

I messed around with my video options and made the screen size smaller in the game and it works just fine now. Try doing the same and it might help you out.

What type of video cards do you guys have in your machines? Are the graphic settings you are trying to use, too much for your current system config? Also, do you have the latest vid drivers for your card?

Also, as boulet stated, it could be anyone of the mods that you might have installed as well.

Just throwing some common things out. As the other poster stated, there are many threads on the boards dealing with crashes. Might find some help in one of those discussion threads.

I had the same thing when I downloaded the models.big file from the site. I had to uninstall and reinstall everything. It looks like for me it was the uniforms file that came with it as that is the only thing I didn't reinstall exactly the way it was before.

It's the graphic settings and/or a need for a new graphics card. I picked up a nVidia Geforce FX5200 PCI (128Mb) at Compusa for 60 bucks. It's wonderful.

I had similar problems before I bought the new card and I lowered my Intel Graphics card to minimal levels to get a game played. Run "dxdiag" with out the quotes, it will tell you everything about your computer.

Archived