Homerun/Yellow Line

JoeRudi26

I was playing a game against Seattle, and Frank Thomas actually hits the yellow line at the top of the wall in left field, the ball bounces back onto the field and it was ruled a homerun. (see attached video clip)

I haven't taken the time to look it up, but I was just curious if anyone knows if this would be a correct ruling. I was under the impression the ball had to hit ABOVE the yellow line, not ON it.

Anyway, this was the first time that it's ever happened in a game that I've played on MVP, but all in all it was pretty cool. The clip is a little hard to see, but I've watched the replay and it was right on the line.

Thomas

Ok, I just looked it up.

Ruling: Ground Rules:

- OUTFIELD AREA: Fair ball hitting above yellow line on outfield

wall is a HOME RUN. A ball hitting on or below yellow line is IN

PLAY

Like I said, this ball hit directly on the yellow line, and MVP got it wrong. Maybe it was a makeup call when earlier in the game a hit was taken away from Mark Kotsay and ruled an error. :)

i heard a very good explanation of stuff like this once, concerning calls like that... whta you have to keep in mind is that the game is taking place in code, and the graphics are doing their best to "interpret" the code... so in situations like this in mvp, and close yardage situations in madden, rahter than "blown calls" you are really seeing the graphics misinterpret what happened in the code.... perhaps the code located the ball barely aboove the line but due to graphic limitations its misplaced two pixels on your screen which makes it look to you a ball in play and not a homerun, but in the reality of the code, its a hr...

Archived