The LLWS actually means something to me

MarlinsMS_35

the Little league World series western reigonal final was on ESPN, Arizona v.s someone else. My best friend from elementary school before I moved to where I live now, but I was still in contact with him. He just moved to Arizona a few Months ago. He was playing on the Arizona team in the game, and they won and hes going to williamsport! I still can't get over myself! 3B for Arizona. I can't believe it!

dude thats awesome..when i was at that stage our team went undefeated in districts and went on to states where we went 1-2, and one of our loses was to the team who won states(vienna) and went on to lose to the eventually little league world series runner-up florida in regionals. So it was cool seeing a team i played against just a week or two earlier on tv. they beat us like 12-1..lol...i played 2b for our team.

Well Mid-Island Little League will be playing on Monday on ESPN2. That is one of the teams from Staten Island, New York. Who would have thought a team from SI would make it. O boy baby, we are gona take this. I've been following it in the papers, and I think we'll take it. I played Babe Ruth for Mid-Island, and the little league I used to go to played this team this year, and they beat us 10-0.

I feel proud that someone is finally representing us.

hell yea, the llws is something awesome. I get to see kids, giving their all, reminding me of the kind of baseball I played in my youth. I would like to see some NYC representation, considering the last time a NY team was in it was that stupid Almonte situation. Cant wait to watch some more LLWS tommorow.

i feel like a terrible person but i despise the little league world series. They make the kids look too good. 200 foot fences are about 2 age levels smaller than they should be. And no 12 year old through over 70 mph, and despite what they say, no its not the equivalent to a 98 mph mlb pitch.

I know Im going to get a lot of flack for dissing on 12 year olds but i just canat help it.

it is im not saying that....i just dont like the grandness placed on the games by the announcers.

i do however hate when a kid strikes out or loses and cries his eyes out....you might say 'its cuz the care' but its still stupid because remembering back to those days, no one cried except for one or two kids who always did and it was mostly because their parents would yell at them later.

wanna know the stupidest thing ive heard in forever.... my pitching coaches son is 8 and he's not only on a traveling tournament team that goes cross country, but his team is actually ranked 3rd in the country.....They have rankings for 8 year old teams!

i dont really like the little league world series. Espn shows LLWS, Darts, Poker, Spelling Bee and other lame sports but not hockey? I know i am going to get heat on this but i can care less about kids on tv.
hello

oh and by the way....his 8 year old team played 105 games this year and 75 of those were out of town tournaments......think Koufax, Aaron, or Gwynn did that at 8 years old?

Baseballs either gonna be really good or really bad in 10 years

i feel like a terrible person but i despise the little league world series. They make the kids look too good. 200 foot fences are about 2 age levels smaller than they should be. And no 12 year old through over 70 mph, and despite what they say, no its not the equivalent to a 98 mph mlb pitch.

I know Im going to get a lot of flack for dissing on 12 year olds but i just canat help it.

In Willimasport they moved them back to 225. Also the mounds are at 48 ft. It's way too close. I"m the same age, and I throw from 54.

i dont really like the little league world series. Espn shows LLWS, Darts, Poker, Spelling Bee and other lame sports but not hockey? I know i am going to get heat on this but i can care less about kids on tv.

You speak the truth.

LL fences are redicoulous though. They are incredible short, and icredibly easy, but not for all kids:

I remeber LL days. My LL fences were 175 in left and right and 200 in center. When we played our first allstar game, the fences were all 200. I thought I was playing on a major league field. I never thought I could hit one that far. So in the eyes of SOME LL players, it's far, but they are two short.

Now tell me one thing.. Since when are poker and the National Spelling Bee sports? The sports networks are going nuts!

Now tell me one thing.. Since when are poker and the National Spelling Bee sports? The sports networks are going nuts!

they are not..so please tell me why espn is broadcasting them..oh yea, i forgot, espn's coverage of the world series of dominoes!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived