1967 season

Padres67

I've downloaded the 1967 mod, and so far pretty good.

Briles has a stamina of 42. I know he started the season as a reliever but once Gibson snapped his leg, Briles was a rotation starter. By the time the World Series rolled around, he actually threw a CG in Game 3.

In the regular season, though, he started 14 games and averaged 7+ innings per outing.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played my first full game.

Rematch of 1967 World Series: Cards vs Red Sox.

Red Sox got to Gibby early. He was having trouble locating the fastball and they were finding holes to score runs. Two close plays at the plate and they were up 3-0. El Birdos answered right back, Brock leading the game off with a bunt and an extra base error. Flood double to score him, Cepeda groundout to second to move him over, Maris flied out and McCarver drove him in.

Gibby settled down the rest of the game, striking out 3 in regulation and only giving up 4 more hits. The Cardinals threatened in the 5th after a two out single by Gibby, Brock hit a screamer over the rightfielders head that he made a sensational over the shoulder diving catch at the warning track to save 2 runs.

In the 7th, Brock with one out was able to bunt for another single. He promptly picked up his second stolen base of the game, and after a groundball by Flood moved him over, Ceppy drove him in to tie the game.

Everything remained tied, going into the 9th. Innings 7 through 9, Gibby didn't allow a single hit, striking out 2. The only base runner came on an error on Javier in the 9th. Gibby sat down Yaz to record his 6th strike out.

In the bottom of the 9th, with 2 outs, Brock hit a single up the box and then stole second. Flood, however, on a 3-2 count struck out to send the game to extras.

Gibby, who had batted for himself in the 9th, stayed in the game and needed 5 pitches to get out of the 10th inning. In the bottom of the 10th, Cepeda hit a bloop into CF on a ball that feel JUST out of the CF'er reach. Maris hit a ball in the hole at short to move Ceppy to 2nd base, and with the infield in for some unknown reason, McCarver picked up his 4th hit of the evening with a double just over the first base bag to have Cepeda waltz in for the winning run.

Brock ended the game with 3 stolen bases and McCarver went 4 for 5 w/ 2RBI in a CG win for Gibby.

brocksteal.jpg

Needless to say, I had a blast with this mod.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the updates. I find them very interesting and enjoyable. Please keep them coming.

HardcoreLegend, I fully agree with you regarding Briles and his role with the Cardinals. However since he did not have enough starts to earn the 5th rotation spot we originally placed him in the long relievers slot. Combined with our strong recommendation to turn injuries & trades off during dynasty play he would basically remain in that role during the course of the season thus the reason for the stamina rating. Now, if we would have designated him as a 6th starter initially, his stamina would have increased by 16 according to our methods giving him a stamina of 58. But had we done that he would have not been used as often as the long reliever with a computer managed team.

Then in some of our final tweaks I imagine we inadvertently moved him into the 5th rotation spot based on our similar knowledge of what you mentioned earlier. This was something we should likely have not done. I would recommend either increasing his stamina to 58 and leaving him in the starting rotation or keeping his stamina as is and switching him back with Washburn making him the long reliever and Washburn the 5th starter who had more starts than Briles.

Really appreciate your insight. Things like this really help us make this better.

Don

Yes, I moved Briles to the Long Relief role and put Washburn into the 5th spot. Of course I'm playing the Cardinal dynasty and I want realism but I don't don't want to totally replicate the 67 season. I'm pretending it didn't happen-yet. Injuries are on for me.

Oh, last night I just finished my second game with Carlton blanking the Dodgers 2-0 and went to play my next game with Gibson and the game crashed. No biggie but I hope this was isolated. If not I'll probably start saving my dynasty after every game.

Literally the two most exciting things I've had happen continuely in this game are a)Brock stealing second base and b)Flood has thrown out 4 guys at the plate now, 1 at 3rd and had two blown calls that should have been outs at home as well.

Willie who?

Also, what is the stadium situation? Are the classic ones all 'extras' still or were any of the current stadiums replaced with their classic counterparts? Meaning, Yankee Stadium replaced with Classic Yankee Stadium...or do I still have to play AAA whatever slot of Classic Yankee Stadium?

Just wondered without hunting through each stadium slot first.

Also, what is the stadium situation? Are the classic ones all 'extras' still or were any of the current stadiums replaced with their classic counterparts? Meaning, Yankee Stadium replaced with Classic Yankee Stadium...or do I still have to play AAA whatever slot of Classic Yankee Stadium?

Just wondered without hunting through each stadium slot first.

The classic stadiums are still in the same slots (AAA, AA, etc.). They have not replaced their modern counterparts.

I have a couple of questions about the stadiums, one simple and one not so simple.

What stadium do you guys think is the best one for White Sox home games? Maybe Shibe or one of the other original classics?

Now the hard one, and forgive me if this is suggesting an impossibility. Is it possible to create alternate day or night versions of the classic stadiums, for instance, a day version of Tiger Stadium? I realize there's more to it than just swapping the sky. Is that a huge undertaking? Even if there was no game slot for it, I'd be willing to load the alternate stadium in my MVP folder.

Cash-

there's only one option to me, and that's paulw's 1960's Tiger Stadium. They are both very similar in dimensions (the right field of tiger stadium is shorter than Comiskey's would've been, but the center and left field areas are nearly spot-on), both are double-decked all the way around except for dead center, both were the same color green, and both have that great classic feel.

So I would highly suggest using Tiger Stadium. As for day / night, for the classics it'd only be possible if you reassigned them to replace the current parks. I think it would be a wonderful undertaking without the tremendous strain of oediting if someone wanted to replace all of the new parks with the old ones, and then just make rough day / night versions for both. It'd add a ton to the feel of the game. New loading screens and loc editing would really round it out as well.

Oh well, I can dream.

Actually, making a Day Tiger stadium, I would think would require these steps:

a)swap it out with Comericaday.big or whatever it is called.

b)replace all the sky graphics with day ones

c) black out the transparencies for the light standards 'glow'

d) change the 'lighting' effects on the list file to whatever day stadium you felt would be best for it.

The only hitch you may have is where the shadows line up.

The rest of the work that would have to be done is changing audio flags to 'Tiger Stadium' and changing the stadium select screen.

The closest I've ever come to modding a stadium is swapping some skies into Comerica, which is hardly modding at all. Perhaps if a talented stadium modder wanted to put together some alternate day/night versions of selected parks, such as Tiger Stadium, Cleveland Stadium etc., they could be released on an individual basis. That would require enough user interest to go into their stadium folders and make the changes manually before playing a game.

The ability to use the stadium select screens would be a huge advantage, of course. Thinking in the long term, if there are more season mods yet to be released, many of these same stadiums will continue to make appearances, thereby making the entire endeavor more worthwhile.

Just throwing the idea out there. I don't see myself being able to do this sort of modding, unfortunately.

Bobolini,

Some people systems have experienced problems with the intro video causing problem when allowed to play to the end. It would cause hangs. But if the ESC is used during the playing of the intro video it seems to eliminate problems.

Let us know what type of MVP Baseball Install you installed TC67 over. Was it a fresh new install with a patch or was it an existing version which was using TC7, TC61 or whatever other version prior to installing TC67?

Are you in Dynasty mode (I assume so with the Cardinals) and if so which team and which stadium do you normally utilize? Other than switching Briles & Washburn what other changes to the roster or player attributes did you adjust and if any what tool did you use to do so.

Do you have any other Dynasty saved files available besides the one you are using & if so are you switching between these dynasties any?

There are numerous things that can cause crashes in this game which often are not related to any specific mod but rather associated with continued use of the game.

PM me and we can dwell deeper into what you are experiencing and hopefully together we can resolve it.

Take Care,

Don

Are you mentioned earlier that you moved Briles

HardcoreLegend,

I must have missed that question. The game should be able to be played at any resolution you set it to which you system supports. Is it not allowing you to set it higher than 800 X 600 ? If not, was the game running at higher than 800 X 600 prior to installing TC67 ?

Take Care,

Don

HardcoreLegend,

I must have missed that question. The game should be able to be played at any resolution you set it to which you system supports. Is it not allowing you to set it higher than 800 X 600 ? If not, was the game running at higher than 800 X 600 prior to installing TC67 ?

Take Care,

Don

In my settings, the game is set at 1024...however, whenever I play the game, hit 'Print Screen' and then aftewards paste the image into Adobe Photoshop...they image is always 800x600. I did not have this problem with MVP 2006.

Interesting.

I've been getting some 'fatal exceptions' I would believe they would be called and I'm not sure why.

In the 1 game Houston series, their #1 starter caused this error all the time. Before the 'Yogi' screen would come up, the screen would go black and I would get the Windows error 'sound'. If I hit <Enter> it would send me back to the desktop and clear the screen.

I merely skipped him as their starter and the game played fine.

Then I went on to the San Fransisco series, and the first game had no problems. In Game 2, it was Carlton vs Perry. The first time I tried to play, I got the black screen.

So, I restarted the game and tried an exhibition between the Cards (with Carlton) at Candlestick Park. No problem. Then I tried an exhibition between Carlton and Perry at Candlestick Park. No problem.

I then started the Dynasty back up, played the game...no problem. I went to the 'after game screen' and then minimized it to do the boxscore extractor. extracted the boxscore and then reopened the game.

When I went to click, 'Done' or whatever it is to go back to the main Dynasty menu, I got the black screen and Windows error sound.

So, that game is down the drain (no big deal since I lost 4-2 even though it did have a good story behind it).

Anyways, I don't want this to be a recurring problem. Anyone know what this is?

I'm having some crashing problems and I'm experimenting as to why. Haven't found a pattern yet. Most of my crashes have happened when hit the advance button to start the a new game (after setting lineups, pitching, uni's, contoller, etc.). Only once has it crashed after a game. I have gotten 13 games in so it's a nuisance but the game is still very playable. I do disable my internet and virus protection while playing and I think this has helped the stability but it's not a savior.

A question I have is why are the default stadiums the current ones? Is this meant to be like this?

Another thing that happened last night. I finally got a pick off! Carlton picked off Aspomonte last night! I never got this in the MVP06. Whoa Hoo! It felt good. I love this mod and just wish I could figure out the stability problem.

HarecoreLegend,

Not sure about some of the things you are having problems with. Wish I could help resolve all of those issues but I think some are particular to your setup and system. PM me and we can hook up on the phone or something and try to either work through or at least identify the source of some of those problems.

One however I think I can help you with. Using the box score extractor.

Once you return to the game from using the box score extractor it puts you back in the box score area of the game regardless of if you left it using the ESC key from the End of Game area. Back out of the box score area, then reenter the Box Score area and scroll down at least a little ways. Then back out of the box score area again and then you should be able to hit Done without any problems.

That problem used to occassionally happen to me until I started doing what I suggested above. I had noticed that I do the ESC from the End of Game area to get to the desktop to execute the box score extractor and when I returned to the game it always placed me back into the box score area. Thus after a few crashes I thought "let me try" just backing out of this area and then coming back into it so the game can maybe get back in synch as to what screen I should be in. Sure enough I have not had that problem since in over 50+ games or so.

Bobolini,

The default stadiums are not meant to be the correct ones. For most of the correct stadiums you should have to scroll over and select them. Likely with the Cards you should have to scroll over to Sportmans Park to use the right one. If the default stadiums are the correct ones then you probably installed TC67 over an existing game setup that was that way previously.

One suggestion I will offer you regarding your crashes. After selecting a stadium; after adjusting you lineups; etc etc don't advance too quickly through the menus. The game seems to need time to load everything successfully as it moves from one section to another. Since someone suggested that in another forum it certainly has helped reduce my crashes and hangs. I use to move fairly quickly through the screens but now I take my time and seldom have any problems. I typically can play 20-30+ or so games between crashes or hang-ups now where before they were much more frequent.

Also once a particular dynasty game seems corrupted I try playing an exhibition game to completion then try and go back to that dynasty game and it very often clears up the problem. I have noticed after a great deal of trial and error that dynasty games, for what ever reason, sometimes have problems but completing some other games to the end seems to get the overall game back in synch and then I can play that particular dynasty game again. I even sometimes use tywiggins mod to switch dynasty controled teams and play a different game on that days schedule first which seems to work or even simulate several days in advance and play a different dynasty game in a different stadium (but obviously do not save your dynasty at that point but rather just back all the way out of the game if you do it this way).

Also like you mentioned - removing all those tasks that sometimes automatically kick processes off in the background will greatly reduce crashes. I was having a heck of a time finishing games that I started around midnite or so until I started ending the task/process for every AOL task because it seemed to kick something off shortly after midnight every night. Now whenever I am playing a game that will start shortly after or still be playing after midnight I stop all those AOL tasks and have no problems with midnight games any longer.

Hope these suggestions help you. They sure have helped me.

stecropper,

thanks for the advice on advancing slowly. I'll give it a shot.

Now, I'm confused with the stadium thing. Are you saying each time I get ready to play I need to manually pick the the right stadium? For example I played Houston at Houston last night and the default park was Minute Maid park. Should I manually pick the Astrodome and if so will I get the gritty dull classic look? I wish that classic look could be adjusted

Archived