1967 season

Padres67

1981? Why? That was a strike year, a split season.

Exactly. Seeing as how the best teams overall teams in the National League (the St. Louis Cardinals and Cincinnatti Reds) were kept out of the playoffs while teams like the 2nd place Expos and 3rd place Astros/Phillies made the playoffs...I thought the whole point of doing the 1994 mod was for the 'what if'.

Set the schedule for the original complete season and see what happens.

Not sure why I caught so much backlash for my statement. :headset:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 67 Season mod freezes up right after the Mantle 68 spring training picture during the picture with him hitting a homerun (I think). Everything locks up and hangs, then I have to shut down the computor and restart to get out of it. I've been able to run every other season and mod here so there might be a problem with the opening movie.

The 67 Season mod freezes up right after the Mantle 68 spring training picture during the picture with him hitting a homerun (I think). Everything locks up and hangs, then I have to shut down the computor and restart to get out of it. I've been able to run every other season and mod here so there might be a problem with the opening movie.

I had the same thing happen when running this on my work laptop. I had a clean install with Patch #2. The laptop has 256 Mb of memory with an integrated graphics card.

When I restarted TC67, I simply quit the opening movie before it had a chance to complete and I got to the normal menu. Everything worked fine after that.

Classics 1967 is awesome. I love your work guys. I had a few glitches and thought I would pass them to see if they may be bugs or if I need to reinstall everything.

1. In dynasty mode playing as the A's against the Indians, I put the A's into thier older 1971 jerseys and the Indians in thier older jersey from the 60's I think. It has red sleeves, sorry that's all I remember. Well It crashed in the loading after Stadium select. When I played again under default jerseys, it was fine.

2. At the end of the second game in the series with the indians after the game was over it crashed after I exited into the Dynasty menu.

Any help would be great, and thanks again for more than awesome work.

Here is to 1977 or 1975 as the next installment.

It would be fantastic if somehow Curt Gowdy's voice along with color man Tony Kubek. I remeber these voices in the late 60's early 70's. I know it's not possible but still it would be the ultimate topping for this classic.

Just downloaded this last night and haven't had time to extract it. Can't wait for this evening to give it a whirl. I'm a Cardinal fan but I might try another team since St. Louis might be too easy. I might play as the Pirates, Phillies, or the Twins. There are so many guys in this this classic that I had baseball cards for and I'm like a kid in a candy store! Last time I could play a 67 season was with dice and player cards! I'm psyched!

Reposting some information buried at the very end of the TC67 Readme file:

*** TIDBITS ***

A ) This mod was built for the complete replay of the 1967 Major League Baseball Season. Thus, the use of Dynasty Mode for a single season is recommended. Although other Major League teams are represented in this mod and should be essentially correct they have not been fully tested but likely are OK to use in Exhibition Play.

B ) Although some Minor League Teams are fairly well represented these also have not been tested and it is "HIGHLY" recommended that you turn off trades & injuries to maintain the opening day 25 man rosters intact throughout the season.

C ) Most Teams should use their *61 versions of uniforms with a few noted exceptions in the uniform select screens. A couple noted exceptions are the Chicago White standard Home uniform should be used as it has been adjusted to their 1967 version; the Cardinals '64 version of their uniforms should be used; the Orioles '69 versions should be used; the Indians '65 version should be used & the Braves standard Home & Away versions should be used as they to have been slightly adjusted for 1967.

D ) Most uniforms are as they were in 1967 with the exception of the Chicago White Sox Road uniform; California Angels Road uniform & the Braves uniforms that have the Tomahawk on them which was not present in 1967. We highly encourage anyone to enhance/add to any of these 1967 uniform sets. That would certainly be greatly appreciated by the entire Total Classics team as well as the many other users of these Classic Mods.

Ok, I loaded this last night and started my dynasty. Yep, I went with my Cards. First off, I love the menu music. The batter walk up music I could take or leave, no big deal. Yes, the minors are somewhat incomplete. I may do some editing. I really want to play multiple years and so I may do this but I'm not expecting 100% accuracy.

My first game was against the Giants and it's Dick Hughes versus McCormick. Hughes comes out and strikes out Alou, Brown, and Mays! Yea Baby!

Cards are up: Flood singles, Brock follows with a triple into the gap and I'm up 1-0. Cepeda comes in and singles in Brock. 2-0, no outs, 1st inning, looking like a potential blowout. Maris grounds into a DP and McCavrer whiffs. So much for the blowout. Go to the bottom of the ninth I'm up 2-1 and Hoerner comes in to face Brown, Mays, and McCovey. I'm nervous...Hoerner looks wild the count goes to 3-0 to Brown. I throw a fastball right over the plate just to get a strike. Yes! 3-1, next pitch I jam Brown and he hits a lazy fly to Brock. Next up Mays, get him to 1-2 and then drop the slider in on him...strike three! 2 Outs up 1, MCCovey comes to the plate Hoerner feeds him off speed pitches to the outside. McCovey chases two outside and the count is 0-2. Hoerner reaches back throws a slider that hits the edge of the outside part of the plate, McCovey is frozen and the umpire gives him the stikeout punch. Game over! First game and I'm already getting sweaty palms...

Enjoyed your summary-I'm going with a .500 team that year-the Pirates. I will kick your cards butts in my dynasty;-). I love the walk-up music. I remember '67 like it was yesterday. I was in 7th grade and we were sneeking transistors to listen to the Cards/Red Sox WS while in class. Hey buddy-whats the score now? Those were the days. Great mod guys. I am having trouble scoring runs so far-I split my first 2 games with the lowly Mets-winning 2-0 top of the ninth with a Stargell homer. Losing 1-0 in the second. But the real '67 Pirates also split with the Mets in their first 2 games.

Yep, Runs were hard to come by in 1967. Your Pirates were one of the Top Run producing teams averaging 4.19 per game.

However, the American League average was only 3.69 runs scored per game while the National League was slightly higher at 3.83 per game.

The Red Sox scored the most runs in 1967 and in the National League it was the Cubbies that scored the most just slightly ahead of the Cardinals followed by the Pirates.

I think 1968 was even a tougher year for scoring runs ................

Take Care & Good Luck to You & the Bucs !!! Manny Mota was one of my favorite players in those days ........ the Bucs had a very solid lineup I think and were very capable of taking the Flag even though they finished a distant 6th 20 1/2 games off the pace whlie playing only 500 ball ........ they lead the league by a large margin in Batting but their pitching staff faltered a bit ------- just needed some good coaching !!!

Don

Download it off mvptotalclassics.com-that is where I got it from. The Pirates had 4 .300 hitters that year. With Clemente hitting .357 to lead the league. But they hit less than 100 homers. I remeber Matty Alou and Mota on that team. I forgot that Wills left to play with them before returning later to the Dodgers.

HardcoreLegend,

In the TC61 & TC67 mods we decided to place names on the back of every team we could just so those not familiar with old time players could become familiar with them quicker.

We also had to give priority to the uniforms slots that had the front jersey numbers in the correct locations. So with these two things in mind is how we slotted the different uniforms.

Some uniform slots will not show names on the back regardless of if you use a good uniform font set or not - they are hard coded that way. For those slots that do show uniform names then using a null/transparent font set will allow one to not have names appear.

As far as number appearance & position on the front of a Jersey no one has seemed to crack that code on how to manage through that. Once someone does then a lot of flexibility will come with it especially for those uniforms that had numbers on the sleeves .........

Take Care,

Don

I've mentioned this before about the Crosley scoreboard. I wondered if it came from an actual day in history. After doing some research of every season that the Reds played at Crosley from 1961 on(since the NL pennant is flying at Crosley) I finally lined up scores for July 30th of 1967. The scores and pitcher numbers all line up with games that were played on July 30th 1967. I know-who cares. I found it interesting that EA sports either picked a day at random or used a pic from a game day to create the scoreboard. I believe they did the latter. Now if we could only find that picture. So when we reach july 30th in our '67 dynasties we can compare scores.

Now that is some really good extensive research 112155 ........ I find it very interesting and agree that EA probably has that picture somewhere's ..............

I will be looking closer at that scoreboard next time I fire up the game to see what pitcher #'s were throwing that day .............

Thanks Again,

Don

HardcoreLegend,

In the TC61 & TC67 mods we decided to place names on the back of every team we could just so those not familiar with old time players could become familiar with them quicker.

We also had to give priority to the uniforms slots that had the front jersey numbers in the correct locations. So with these two things in mind is how we slotted the different uniforms.

Some uniform slots will not show names on the back regardless of if you use a good uniform font set or not - they are hard coded that way. For those slots that do show uniform names then using a null/transparent font set will allow one to not have names appear.

As far as number appearance & position on the front of a Jersey no one has seemed to crack that code on how to manage through that. Once someone does then a lot of flexibility will come with it especially for those uniforms that had numbers on the sleeves .........

Take Care,

Don

I was just merely relaying information. I have yet to download either the 61 or 67 mods yet (just TC5), so I wasn't sure how it was worked out. If the Cardinals are replacing the Cardinals in 1967, then there should be no problem.

Thanks for the info, though.

Archived