"That Dane Cook is a silly ___"

Kccitystar

Bring up Denis Leary anywhere and you'll get at least one person bringing up the observation that his whole act is stolen from Bill Hicks. I like some of Leary's stuff from No Cure for Cancer, but I'd rather watch him in a movie or on Rescue Me.

Russell Peters is not a very good comedian. He, like many others of this era rely on the shock value of bringing up the same old racial stereotypes. He does some accents well, but his act gets old fast.

And again, Chappelle's stuff is not new. He does newer versions of very old jokes that dozens of comedians have done before. Referencing celebrity personalities by simply replaying what everyone already knows they're like or what they've done is not funny to me.

Bring up Denis Leary anywhere and you'll get at least one person bringing up the observation that his whole act is stolen from Bill Hicks. I like some of Leary's stuff from No Cure for Cancer, but I'd rather watch him in a movie or on Rescue Me.

Russell Peters is not a very good comedian. He, like many others of this era rely on the shock value of bringing up the same old racial stereotypes. He does some accents well, but his act gets old fast.

And again, Chappelle's stuff is not new. He does newer versions of very old jokes that dozens of comedians have done before. Referencing celebrity personalities by simply replaying what everyone already knows they're like or what they've done is not funny to me.

Oh that is a terrible typo. Just because the comics are so different.

I meant Dennis Miller. Although Leary is ok, Dennis Miller is much better.

Carlin is god when it comes to comedy.

George Carlin is one funny *** comedian, and yes, I agree that some modern-day comics are starting to add swearing as part of their entire act, often detracting from what point they were originally trying to get across. Comedians like Pablo Francisco are funny to me, Dane Cook is probably the one guy who I'd get chuckles out of but he's not "OMG LMFAO ROFL ROFLCOPTER"-esque.

I like Gaffigan too, he's got some good stuff. But unfortunately he seems incapable of writing new material. I have all of his albums, and its basically the same 15-20 bits, almost word for word.

I definately agree he adds one new track for each cd. His bits are great, but I want to hear new stuff when I buy a new cd.

Same, and I'm always amazed that he's put out so many albums. I can understand why guys like Carlin, Cosby or nowadays Lewis Black or David Cross put out almost yearly albums, because they're always writing new things and theres almost no carryover. I always wonder if he hasn't written anything new, why bring attention to that with another new album.

Archived