New Stadium Select Screens

ChicagoCubs720

Hello fellow MVP enthusiasts. I have decided that some of these great stadium mods deserve new selection screens to better represent the stadium in its modded form. I plan to take screenshots of all current MLB stadiums in a high resolution and turn them into selection screens. I only need one thing to get started: a datafile expert. Can someone please help me mod a datafile temporarily so that one of the pitching/hitting views are in foul territory somewhere behind homeplate so I can get a good angle of the stadium?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I looked through MD's datafile spreadsheet and I couldn't find the line that has the batting views. Can someone help me?

I PMed MD a while ago and he told me to talk to KSM or maybe Trues about finding this part in the datafile and helping me to edit it. I haven't seen KSM around here in a while and I haven't had a chance to PM Trues, but I know there has to be other people here that could help me. This is basically a BUMP because I really want to find someone to do this so I can finish this project FAST so I can give it to Kraw for MVP 07 very soon.

I do, however have a request. Trues or maybe someone else who is experienced with overlays, could you post an overlay that is completely invisible (all the alphas blacked out)? If you wonder why, I will explain later.

extract the overlays with nfshtool, flood fill all the alphas black and repack.

I flooded all the alphas black, but the game keeps crashing every time I repack the files. The two files are the igcrsr.fsh in the igshapes folder and the pitchslc.fsh in the igonly.big in the frontend folder. If I post the black alphas, can someone repack the files?

I flooded all the alphas black, but the game keeps crashing every time I repack the files. The two files are the igcrsr.fsh in the igshapes folder and the pitchslc.fsh in the igonly.big in the frontend folder. If I post the black alphas, can someone repack the files?

I've tried everything, BigGui, compressing with Eazip, and neither file works, the game crashes every single time.

can someone please help me :depress:

if not, I'll start sending some PMs...

otherwise, this project is as good as DEAD.

OK I'm going to try this again. the two files I'm editing are:

-igcrsr.fsh

-pitchslc.fsh in the igonly.big

I have some questions. Do I need to compress the igcrsr.fsh after repacking it with nfshtool.exe? Do I need to compress the pitchslc.fsh after repacking it with nfshtool.exe and re-importing it into igonly.big?

And please, can someone just tell me what values in the datafile I need to edit in order to change the batting views?

BTW I had to use gfshmgr for igcrsr, but has no problems using nfshtool for pitchslc

yea I figured nfshtool had problems with igcrsr, but I'm still having problems with pitchslc. Here are the steps I followed:

1-extracted pitchslc.fsh from igonly.big with eagraph, eagraph decompressed it

2-unpacked pitchslc.fsh with nfshtool, blacked out all alphas, repacked with nfshtool.

3-compressed it with eazip

4-re-imported it into igonly.big with eagraph

thanks for igcrsr.fsh

EDIT: thanks for pitchslc.fsh too!

dome stadiums will need to be handled differently, the need small black bars on the top and bottom.

Pull one of mine from the 06 mod to see what I'm talking about

I looked at Tropicana Field and I see what you mean.

btw, I've tried installing pitchslc.fsh into igonly.big with eagraph and bigGUI and neither works. I remember you having some program on eamods.com called 'install everything' and I was going to try that, but the site is down.

Archived