New Stadium Select Screens

ChicagoCubs720

I've found something weird about pitchslc.fsh. Kraw, the one you packed for me works fine when I open it in fshED, but it still crashes the game. igcrsr.fsh (the one you packed for me) also works fine in fshED, but it works fine in the game. Do you think this means that I am importing pitchslc.fsh into igonly.big incorrectly?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be retarded. I was working on the datafile a little bit and now MVP just freezes at the first loading screen.

Here's what I did:

1)extracted datafile.txt from datafile.big with eagraph, eagraph decompressed it.

2)edited some values using notepad

3)compressed using eazip

4)put in datafile.big using kraw's install everything

-game crashes-

5)compressed original 06 datafile with eazip, put in datafile.big using kraw's install everything.

what did I do wrong?

OK, I've played around with the camera angles and have found a view I like a lot:

panoramicaz3.png

I just need to move it further back from homeplate to get more of the stadium in. There is one weird thing, the homeplate ump and the catcher are missing. I looked at EA's select screens and the ump is missing in them also, but the catcher is there.

All that needs to be resolved are removing the little bars from the pitch stamina (and maybe the overlay font, even though it is probably out of the way). I'll look into this and then hopefully start making the screens!

yes, defenitely, that's really nice - however there still isn't any ump or catcher. if that's not going to be fixed, it would be kind of useless, and you'd be better off just taking a real-life image of the stadium.

The current EA ones don't have umps either.

Anyway, FshEd corrupted some of the stadium screen bmps, so I might try out another angle and I think I know how to get the catcher and the ump on the screen.

yes, defenitely, that's really nice - however there still isn't any ump or catcher. if that's not going to be fixed, it would be kind of useless, and you'd be better off just taking a real-life image of the stadium.

Why would it be useless if it didn't show the ump and catcher? It's for a stadium select screen. The important part is showing the stadium.

I still have all the PSDs somewhere with the text for the select screens (I THINK) if you just want to drop in the new backgrounds

I was actually going to ask you about that. You can email them to me (chicagocubs720@netscape.net) if you still have them. You wouldn't mind if I removed the 'modded by' part would you?

just the "modded by" or "modded by" and the name of the person that made the stadium?

the modded by and the modders name. I wasn't going to totally remove it, I was probably going to change the font. I just don't like the colors of the modder's names. I can just leave it the way it is now if you want.

Archived