MVP2005 Editor (a new tool by tywiggins)

tywiggins

Ty I edited my dynasty by switching teams releasing players and then switching to other teams and signing them, i.e. Mulder was on the Mariners so I dropped him and put him on the Pirtes. I changed one cyberface using the editor as well and then went to play a game and the stats were all messed up. Adam Laroche had 65 homers and I was on game 6 of the season. Josh Hamilton had 112 hits... Did I forget to do something? Is there a way to avoid this? Thanks.

Did you accidentally use the Projector?

It sounds like you did. If Adam Laroche had 2 homers after 5 games and then you ran the projector, his homers would be 162/5 * 2 = 64.8 which is rounded to 65 homers.

I should probably put a warning on it or something.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what I did. I am going to stay away from that then. Glad I was only five games in. Thanks for the editor. Beyond that crazy projector, it is really handy and even easy to use.

The projector is for those people that play shortened seasons. It projects each team's wins and losses over the rest of the season(which actually allows you to get to the playoffs), as well as each player's stats.

It's only meant to be run right before the playoffs start.

It really should have a box that comes up and asks you if you're sure.

Is it possible to add the ability to change the HEX value for what team a player is attached to

That would make a lot of people happy

What exactly do you mean? Can you give me an example?

I don't think that there is any quick way to do it. I would have to add in roster editing to accomplish that.

say a player is attached to 00b87dddf (the Reds) if you changed that value to 00b87f3f1 the player would now be attached to the astros

It would allow people to fix a current dynasty to work with MVP sav reader

I just thought of a way to do it without doing a complete roster editor.

By the way, what program caused the errors in roster.dat?

Quick question. I have a created player whose photo/audio ID # shows as '0' and his photo type shows as '2'. If I want to use a portrait for him, could I change his photo/audio ID# and change the portrait filename to the same # and upload it to the game?

Would it work? Would I need to change his photo type to '1' as well?

I tried to download the .net framework from a few websites but for some reason it won't start. Even when I click the alternative link to bring it up I get errors like "error on page" or something like that. Is there any other way I could get it so i could use the programs?

Quick question. I have a created player whose photo/audio ID # shows as '0' and his photo type shows as '2'. If I want to use a portrait for him, could I change his photo/audio ID# and change the portrait filename to the same # and upload it to the game?

Would it work? Would I need to change his photo type to '1' as well?

Yes to all of your questions.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's a known issue.

I play the Owner Mode and I created a player during that Owner Mode with the internal editor.

And if I search his name and click him to edit him he gets bot the hitter and th pitcher tab although he is a hitter only (RF).

But what's even worse is the fact that a some other pitchers in that Owner Mode get their stats deleted once I clicked to edit the created player.

Those pitchers are not only on my team but all over the leagues.

They only have a fastball and a changeup but all values are 0. Almost like what the created hitters has as pitching stats.

Is there anyway to deal with that issue? Except not editing a created player.

I don't know if it's a known issue.

I play the Owner Mode and I created a player during that Owner Mode with the internal editor.

And if I search his name and click him to edit him he gets bot the hitter and th pitcher tab although he is a hitter only (RF).

But what's even worse is the fact that a some other pitchers in that Owner Mode get their stats deleted once I clicked to edit the created player.

Those pitchers are not only on my team but all over the leagues.

They only have a fastball and a changeup but all values are 0. Almost like what the created hitters has as pitching stats.

Is there anyway to deal with that issue? Except not editing a created player.

I haven't done much testing with create a players. I just created a player in the game, then edited him with MVP 2005 Editor. It messed up some pitchers like you said. (By the way, I did this in Dynasty Mode)

So, I recommend that you don't edit "create a players" with my program.

• 2 weeks later...

So is this still being worked on?

If you add the ability to add/remove injuries I would freak out. I would donate. I would donate now but I'm trying to move out and even though I'm trying to save money I'm going into the red.

I just think it would be so awesome to be able to start a season, add injuries to Pedro / Mulder / etc... I hate putting them in AAA.

So is this still being worked on?

If you add the ability to add/remove injuries I would freak out. I would donate. I would donate now but I'm trying to move out and even though I'm trying to save money I'm going into the red.

I just think it would be so awesome to be able to start a season, add injuries to Pedro / Mulder / etc... I hate putting them in AAA.

You can already add/remove injuries. It's in the Misc Group on the Attributes Tab.

Go to my website, http://tywiggins.tripod.com/ and click the paypal donation button.

Excellent work. Thrilled to see you are able to edit injuries now.

I hate starting a franchise and having to deal with players who were injured in real life!

Eg: First game of my Cards' franchise, I face Pedro. Stupid. And then I have to demote Mulder to AAA and risk the temptation of calling him up.

No longer! Woo hoo!