MVP2005 Editor (a new tool by tywiggins)

tywiggins

I must be the only one, but I have no idea on how to use this program.

Could someone explain to me step by step on what to do.

When I run the Editor all it says is Enabled. Thats it. What do I do there?

I dont see any options for anything.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be the only one, but I have no idea on how to use this program.

Could someone explain to me step by step on what to do.

When I run the Editor all it says is Enabled. Thats it. What do I do there?

I dont see any options for anything.

Try reading the readme.txt file that came with the program.

Enabled means that the program is ready to read from the game's memory.

Click on the text box underneath where it says "Last Name"

Press Enter to get a list of all of the players, or

type in the player's last name(or first part of their last name), then press Enter.

Example: Type "Pu", then press Enter.

All of the players whose last names start with "Pu" will be listed. Click on one, and all of their information will load in the right side.

It will be a big (and boring) project to add stats to MVP2005 Editor. Donations would really help me through it.

Ty: you can put me on the board to contribute for dynasty stats edits.

This would be a great addition to MVP. Anyone else willing to contribute?

Try reading the readme.txt file that came with the program.

Enabled means that the program is ready to read from the game's memory.

I did that. When I enter a name, I hit ENTER and I hear a tone, but nothing happens. How do I get it to read the games memory. When I select the team changer, I notice that it shows all the games on the exact day that are being played in my dynasty, so I know its reading something

Click on the text box underneath where it says "Last Name"

Press Enter to get a list of all of the players, or

type in the player's last name(or first part of their last name), then press Enter.

Example: Type "Pu", then press Enter.

All of the players whose last names start with "Pu" will be listed. Click on one, and all of their information will load in the right side.

Ty, any chance you can make it possible to edit stats in a dynasty? This would help out with those inside the park HRs that are called triples or doubles and could fix other scoring errors. Also if you could change the team that the player was on as well during a dynasty, that would be useful for trades that occur during the season that you want to replicate in your dynasty.

I actually got an inside the park home run last night with Aaron Hill in my dynasty at Comerica Park and it was listed as a home run in the boxscore.

I created a player before MVP2005 Editor was installed and used the name of a player already listed, so can I use the pull down menu for Audio/Photo to have both the picture and sound for my created player? The original player is no longer playing in my Dynasty. All I really need is the audio so the name is pronounced in the game, although I would use both picture and sound if that's the only way.

The other question I have is MVP2005 running fills the screen and how do I get to edit with the game running?

Can someone please explain how you get MVP 2005 running when it fills the screen and I can't access MVP Editor? I tried putting in a player's name and starting MVP 2005 but it came up Address Unknown, and I saw it said Disabled in MVP Editor as soon as MVP 2005 started.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but I'm using Ultimate Rosters 2.3

I am trying to edit my Dynasty.

Help!

Alvan9, you need to have MVP running in order to use this editor. Start the game, open your save, and then return to Windows. That should do the trick.

How do I get back to Windows XP? I tried starting the Editor and putting in the player's name hitting Enter and going into my Dynasty but can't minimize the game. I tried CTL, ALT, Tab and that didn't work. I also tried ESC and that didn't work.

How do I get back to Windows XP? I tried starting the Editor and putting in the player's name hitting Enter and going into my Dynasty but can't minimize the game. I tried CTL, ALT, Tab and that didn't work. I also tried ESC and that didn't work.

I use the "Windows" key on my keyboard to minimize the game when I need to run something like the Box Score Extractor. Does you keyboard have one of those keys? (Key with the Windows flag on it).

There are also more discussion threads on the board about minimizing the game.

I use the "Windows" key on my keyboard to minimize the game when I need to run something like the Box Score Extractor. Does you keyboard have one of those keys? (Key with the Windows flag on it).

There are also more discussion threads on the board about minimizing the game.

I was trying everything and by accident hit the Windows/Start key but it only works if I'm not playing, which is not a problem. I just have to open the Dynasty and hit that key and it minimizes. I did search all over but never saw anyone mention the Windows/Start key, and the readme suggests Alt-Ctrl-Tab, or ESC, neither of which do it for me, and I wasted hours trying to figure this out.

I made some adjustments to salary and made those players real mad, but I have to consider the solvency of my business :)

I got the Thing working now, but how do I edit stats in the Editor. I dont see an option for it. I used the importer/exporter to edit with in notepad, but its very confusing. Is there a way to do it in the MVPEDIT?

I got the Thing working now, but how do I edit stats in the Editor. I dont see an option for it. I used the importer/exporter to edit with in notepad, but its very confusing. Is there a way to do it in the MVPEDIT?

I would also like to know how to edit stats. After playing my Dynasty into present 2013 season, I am sick and tired of seeing balls hit high off the wall being scored an error and my player is robbed of a hit, which is just one of the awful scoring bugs in MVP.

How can I take Clemens out of retirement?

If you have Clemens somewhere in your roster, you can do it by renaming another player, some created player by the game, and change the player's name to Roger Clemens using his Audio/Photo and Face numbers, and also edit your "Roger Clemens with what you want.

If you are in a Dynasty and using a roster without Roger Clemens, you probably can do it as long as his Audio/Photo and Face numbers are in the files. In other words, if you replaced the original roster and Clemens is not there but his Audio/Photo are still in the files you can do it. If not, I don't know how to add a player, but there may be a way. Hmm...perhaps creating Roger Clemens and find some face and portrait files in the download section, and also audio if you don't have it now.

• 2 weeks later...

[i posted about this earlier in the UR thread because I thought it was a roster issue, but Totte didn't know and told me to post it here]

MVP Editor is giving me error messages. I start up MVP and open my dynasty, then I run MVP Editor and I click on Carlos Ruiz and it gives me this message:

mvpediterroroo8.jpg

I don't understand what I've to do

for "In the makebmp.bat file, change the path from "C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datafrontendportrait.big" to the path of your portrait.big file."

could you give me an exemple please ?