MVP2005 Editor (a new tool by tywiggins)

tywiggins

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically the new version is just like the old one, except for the setup button and the language option?

btw, the correct spelling for German is "Deutsch" (with a "c"). ;-)

There are a couple of very minor changes in addition to those. Nothing important.

I'm not sure how I left off the c.

• 3 weeks later...

ty am getting a error on mvp 2005 editor 30. Error : C:Program FilesEA SPORTSmvp07724_MVP2005_Editor_v0.30MVP2005 Editor.exe file has been corrupted. i have downloaded it :cry: 4 times at both ea. mods and mvp mods still get the same error message. please help!!!!

• 1 month later...

Does this program have to be installed in a particular folder??? I am getting an error that says the application failed to start because of an application configuration problem. Also, can this program edit the default rosters as well or only MVPedit??? I am having issues with my created players and creating portraits.

Thanks....It is installed I believe...Because I think it was needed for the boxscore extractor. Thanks for the feedback. I only need something for roster changes. i was hoping this could correct my portrait issue. Wishful thinking I guess.

Will it resolve portrait issues in the main roster??? This is what I think happened. I created 100 players 2 years ago. We have now expanded to 150 players, but the changes were done within a roster, not the default. I am going back in and adding the additional 50 players and editing the attributes of the original 100 to have more flexibility. I believe when I created the players, they all had 0 as their player ID's. So when I did the 1st portrait, it appeared on every created player. I deleted the FSH file, but now it will not let me assign any potraits to these created players. I have assigned each player an individual player ID, but somehow I think they are keeping the ID 0(not sure, but is the only explanation I can think of). I.E. The players name is Bear, I assign him an ID of 1111. I attach the 24 bit and the alpha, it searches and says no picture found. When I look in the MVPedit folder, there is a "1111" folder with file 0000 and 0000-1 and index.FSH, but the 2 bmp's are blank. I cannot figure it out. Was hoping mvpeditor could help, but the changes need to be on the player ID's on the default roster.

Ok, sounds like you got quite a problem there. Again, MVP205 Editor only works for Dynasty/Owner Mode games. In order to edit the default roster, you need to use MVPedit.

Anyway, MVPedit isn't the only option for importing portraits into the game. You can create (or modify existing) portraits and then import them into your portrait.big file with a number of programs (like EAGraph or TiT). If you search the forums, you'll find lots of information on how to do that.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of questions (sorry if they've been answered, but 28 pages of posts is a lot to go through. I skipped ahead after 10)

1) is there a way to modify player happiness? I have some guys I drafted in a fantasy draft that are RL minor leaguers, but the game gave them MLB contracts, and now they're getting unreasonably PO'ed about being in the minors. I can shift their contracts down the AAA Aces or whatever, but they're still unhappy. I realize unhappiness is part of the game, but some of these guys clearly don't belong in teh majors yet.

2) I know you can't edit rosters, but would it be possible to add the ability to at least list the team that a player is with? One of the annoying things about fantasy drafted rosters is that if I'm looking for a specific guy, I have no idea where in the world he is, and it takes a heck of a long time to skim through every roster trying to find him. Even if there was just a little box that says player X is with team Y even if you can't edit it, I think it would be a big help.

Still, this thing is invaluable. I recently tried tweaking Chris Young (the DBacks OF) ratings a bit with the in-game editor, and it messed up his data and deleted his last name. I was able to make the tweaks with this program just fine.

Keep up the good work!

1) Unfortunately, that's not possible (yet). Then again, I really don't think a player's happiness is that important.

2) There's a very easy way to find out on which team a given player is. Just go to "Around the League" --> "Statistics" --> "Career Stats". You can search players by name, position or team.

• 4 weeks later...

I am using Vista 64-bit Ultimate and can't install the program. I get this error message:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."

The two requirements are installed, so what can I do to get this program installed? I extracted all the files to Documents, and when I click on MVP Editor the message above is what I get.

Sounds like this 64-bit crap is causing you a lot of problems.

Yes, and someone said all would be fine. :wink:

I sent the author, Ty Wiggins, an e-mail days ago and not received a reply. Considering I donated for this program, I did expect to hear from the author even if all he could say is I don't know.

Microsoft says the program is 16-bit and DOS-based and that's the reason it won't work in Vista 64-bit. I know it works in Vista 32-bit Ultimate, so I will either stay in x64 Vista Ultimate without the program or go back to Vista 32-bit Ultimate.

• 1 month later...

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005loc'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.SetCurrentDirectory(String path)

at MVP2005Editor.Form3.Form3_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

MVP2005 Editor

Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0

Win32 Version:

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/EA%20SPORTS/MVP%20Baseball%202005/MVP2005%20Editor.exe

msvcm90

Assembly Version: 9.0.21022.8

Win32 Version: 9.00.21022.8

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_x-ww_d08d0375/msvcm90.dll

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest JWClubbie

Can anyone tell me how to set this up so it will work. I have not ran this program on my new computer and have been out of MVP for a while. I am not clear how to do so because I am not finding very specific instructions. Thanks guys!

Guest JWClubbie

Yes I did not see anywhere where it describes how to set it up . Where I am supposed to put the folders on my cpu etc. Can u cut and paste any info on this here for me? Thanks a ton!

Yes I did not see anywhere where it describes how to set it up . Where I am supposed to put the folders on my cpu etc. Can u cut and paste any info on this here for me? Thanks a ton!

I created a folder named MVP Editor in My Documents (Documents in Vista) and installed it there, then you can make a shortcut on your desktop.