MVP2005 Editor (a new tool by tywiggins)

tywiggins

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What else did you do? I tried changing the energy level for a position player and a pitcher, and then played a game. It didn't crash for me.

nothing I loaded the player changes his energy from 95 to 100, went back to MVP started a game and it crashed the moment it started to load the game files

It was a player created in MVP if that makes a difference

nothing I loaded the player changes his energy from 95 to 100, went back to MVP started a game and it crashed the moment it started to load the game files

It was a player created in MVP if that makes a difference

Okay. It has nothing to do with the energy, though.

It's possible that it is because of the bone profile. Bone profile can be a number from 0 - 63. MVPEdit uses only 26-37. I added in #25 because the players created automatically by the game seem to all use that number. I did notice that the "Create a Players" did have bone profiles that were not necessarily in the range 25-37, so I set them to 25.

I'll have to do some further testing on this.

It was a problem with the bone profiles. Apparently, the "Create a Players" cannot use the bone profiles that the other players use. I'm not sure why this is the case. I enabled all 64 of the bone profile numbers in the editor.

So, I recommend that you don't change the bone profile for the "Create a Players". And for all of the other players, I suggest using only the named bone profiles.

v0.18 will be posted shortly.

Is there any way to add more slots in the glove section?

Yeah. I just opened up 2 more. I named them Custom 1, and Custom 2.

I'll release a new version after I'm done adding in the batting attributes. So far, I have the hot/cold zones against lefties and righties loading correctly for each player. Also each zone is clickable and will change color when clicked.

I expect to have the batting attributes done by Monday at the latest. (Possibly, as early as late tonight)

when done will your program be able to "trade" players, or just move players from team to team. It would help for 3 teams trades

I probably will allow trades. (And trades with empty roster slots). Also, I probably will have the 4 extra slots for the disabled list.

True or False.

Only your .dat exporter/importer will allow me to change my current dynasties organization.dat so that I can reduce my budget. I can not use the mvp editor tool, only the the .dat imp/exp.?

True or False?

True at this time. If you want, I can make a version of the .dat importer that only imports that one file(Which should greatly decrease the chances of any problems)

Edit: I went ahead and made the importer only import the org.dat and orgextra.dat.

True at this time. If you want, I can make a version of the .dat importer that only imports that one file(Which should greatly decrease the chances of any problems)

Edit: I went ahead and made the importer only import the org.dat and orgextra.dat.

Just fyi.

It didn't work for me.

I followed the readme and noticed that it did not export the file orgextra.dat. It did export the org.dat, but there was all zeros in there, no budgets to edit. So I made the edit to read 100 instead of 0 so I can give myself 100 million of a budget instead of 129 and ran the special importer but it just opened up and closed. No changes. Please don't go out of your way for me now that you already did. I'm more into the stat/schedule updater since I have one game left in my new dynasty. If you ever go back to that. Have a good weekend.

Just fyi.

It didn't work for me.

I followed the readme and noticed that it did not export the file orgextra.dat. It did export the org.dat, but there was all zeros in there, no budgets to edit. So I made the edit to read 100 instead of 0 so I can give myself 100 million of a budget instead of 129 and ran the special importer but it just opened up and closed. No changes. Please don't go out of your way for me now that you already did. I'm more into the stat/schedule updater since I have one game left in my new dynasty. If you ever go back to that. Have a good weekend.

Sorry. I guess I never released a version of the exporter that did the orgextra.dat. I just made a version of the exporter that only exports those two files. Also, I made another version of the importer that only imports those two files, and waits for you to press Enter before it closes.

I also tested both of these and it updated my budget correctly.