MVP2005 Editor (a new tool by tywiggins)

tywiggins

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This editor is allowing me to do things that were very difficult before. Great work.

In pitching attributes, fastball has a dropdown menu with a choice of 0 or 1. What does that do?

It's for fastball movement. But, I'm not really sure if it does anything.

Ty, must say your program is excellent and is some of the most progressive stuff ever done for the MVP series. I was wondering if you can add .MEP support so we can import new players into an existing dynasty. an example would be adding the MEP for new draftees or international FA.

MVPedit seems to have problems doing this due to errors that effect the all star roster.

Bill...that is a great idea.

Also, is there a way from the coding of the game to be able to search for game generated players? If we could somehow incorporate this into a possible .mep addition, we could then replace the fake players in the draft with real players.

Also, is there a way from the coding of the game to be able to search for game generated players? If we could somehow incorporate this into a possible .mep addition, we could then replace the fake players in the draft with real players.

I don't know of an easy way to search for game generated players. However, I did do some looking for the draft pool. It was months ago, but I do recall finding them.

It is a good idea, but I don't know when I'll get to it.

Your program alread supports finding game generated players. I mentioned that in this thread I believe and in that psycho thread of mine entitled How Tywiggins made me a slick GM.

As for replacing generated players, you'd be having to replace 300 players everytime you go through the draft. If you wanted ultra realism. And not only that, but you'd be changing their audio and portraits as well I believe. Just a word of caution to ya.

Yea i was having problems importing players into the dynasty. What i did was use the importer exporter to extract the roster, and then add a .MEP using mvpedit, then reimport the roster into the dynasty however i got all types of errors using MVPedit because the extracted rosters only had 24 players on the all star teams. Thats why i was hoping for MEP support in the MVP2005 Editor.

Jscand your idea would be great if we could get the top 30 picks plus the supplemental round into the game some how.

Your program alread supports finding game generated players. I mentioned that in this thread I believe and in that psycho thread of mine entitled How Tywiggins made me a slick GM.

As for replacing generated players, you'd be having to replace 300 players everytime you go through the draft. If you wanted ultra realism. And not only that, but you'd be changing their audio and portraits as well I believe. Just a word of caution to ya.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking of the "photo type". All computer generated players have a photo type of 2. (Unless you change them manually)

Theoretically, someone could come up with a mod that included: The mep file for the players in the draft, the portraits for the new players, and the audio for the new players. There could be an installer for the portraits and the audio, and then you'd just have to import the .mep into my program.

Possible to make a generic have a real cyberface but keep the generic por trait?

I don't think so. But, you could extract the player's portrait from the portrait.big file. Then assign him a Photo/Audio id number. Then rename the portrait to the new photo/audio id number. Then import the portrait.

Actually, now that I've thought about it, it probably wouldn't take too much to have the editor do this.

Ty - Fabulous editor! One strange thing has happened for me, though. Although everything I did with the editor (changed some attributes and contract info) worked great, and the game plays great with the changes, something that changed in my .sav file since editing has caused me to get a run time error when using Rich's MVP Sav Reader utility. I backed up my profile before doing the edits, and the backup sav still works fine with the Reader. Any ideas? Thanks again for the editor.

Ty - Fabulous editor! One strange thing has happened for me, though. Although everything I did with the editor (changed some attributes and contract info) worked great, and the game plays great with the changes, something that changed in my .sav file since editing has caused me to get a run time error when using Rich's MVP Sav Reader utility. I backed up my profile before doing the edits, and the backup sav still works fine with the Reader. Any ideas? Thanks again for the editor.

Hmm. Did you change any pitchers into position players, or any position players into pitchers?

Hmm. Did you change any pitchers into position players, or any position players into pitchers?

Nope.. I edited attributes on about 8 players (2 were pitchers, I added additional pitches to their arsenals), and edited contract amount and length in about 4 or 5 other players. Some of the players I edited were Free Agents that I created within the game that haven't been signed by anyone yet.

Nope.. I edited attributes on about 8 players (2 were pitchers, I added additional pitches to their arsenals), and edited contract amount and length in about 4 or 5 other players. Some of the players I edited were Free Agents that I created within the game that haven't been signed by anyone yet.

It probably has something to do with editing the Create-A-Players.

What is the error you get with MVPSavReader?

It probably has something to do with editing the Create-A-Players.

What is the error you get with MVPSavReader?

It was a run-time error of some kind. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I'll run the program and make a note of the exact error and when it happens. Thanks!

Just FYI. The projector only works for MLB level.

Testing has shown that clicking ALL did not work except for MLB level.

Clicking individually did not work except for MLB either.

FYI.

ps, thanks again for your work.

FYI, it works as it is supposed to. I loaded the save file that I sent back to you, and checked on the stats for a player at each level, and wrote them down. Then I ran the projector for all levels. The player in AAA had his games go up from 60 to 135. The player in AA had his games go up from 31 to 68. The player in A had his games go up from 61 to 136.

What makes you think that it is not working?