Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, a couple new versions just uploaded with some major changes:

-transactions through 1/24 (Floyd, Escobar, tons of others)

-Dodger problem fixed (hopefully) in Standard version

-added new FAs

-added more minor league players

And the big thing:

I finally got around to the new contract scheme I talked about awhile back. WinnieThaPujols and I were discussing how annoying it is to have to resign a ton of players during the offseason in your organization, but the new system I've implemented takes care of that. I'm not going to go into much detail since most of you don't care, but here are the basics.

MLB teams: players eligible for arbitration are given a salary for the next couple years based on a simple equation, taking into account age, star level, and MLB service time. Basically, what the new contract value aims to do is have your player signed through the rest of his arbitration years before he can become a Free Agent. For most players, this is 2-5 years. The whole scheme was planned out well before the huge boom in salaries this offseason, so some of the contracts will seem low. I'm thinking about taking the huge salary spike into account and raising salaries for some players. For instance, Joe Mauer asked for about $4 million this offseason. His new contract in my roster gives him a little over $2 million per season for the next 4 years.

AAA: players aged 26 or over are given the league minimum for one year; any players 25 or lower gets a contract for 3 years.

AA: players aged 25 and older get league minimum for 1 year; players lower get a length of 4 years

A: players aged 25 and older get league minimum for 1 year; players lower get a length of 5 years

The main thing we tried to do with this is eliminate having to sign almost all of the players in your organization every offseason. With this new system, you will not have to worry about it. Plus, there are more realistic players in the FA pool, which is a plus. The system isn't perfect, but I like how it went so far.

That should be it. Enjoy.

Actually, one last thing. PS2, PS3, and new XBOX versions of my roster will be available soon.

Wow that new contract thing sounds awesome! I've always wanted that, because it is really tiresome to have to resign so many people in the off season. Plus when everyone has 1 year deals, alot of the lower-budget teams lose their young stars (liek the marlins for example) because, mostly the pitchers, will ask for millions already. Again, thanks, can't wait for the xbox version!

Nice work kg! It sounds like you've put a lot of effort into making this a great set to use.

Anyway, I'm having some issues installing it. I can copy everything over just fine and see the changed rosters but when I go to play a game with the Tigers, it crashes. I eventually moved Swingin Soriano's Epic III and it seems to be working fine but that looks like most of the attention has been paid to the majors. If at all possible, I'd like to have the minor league data from this set with it. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

Here's what I did:

1) Fresh install

2) Installed MVP06:MLB Final mod (so I could get the stadiums)

3) Installed Big Shmooz's models.big

4) Added the Face Files that Swingin Soriano recommended to the models.big using kg's Models.big Updater

5) Installed Facial hair and Uniform files

6) Installed Roster files

This is the first game I've done any modding with (installing, not creating) and it's been a while since I've done it too. Anyone care to help out a newb?

I installed the kgbaseball roster on my modded xbox yesturday and the first couple times i used it it worked. Today I started a new dynasty and every time I try and start the first game (Mets vs. Reds) it crashes. In the read me file it says that it will only work with the models.big that came with the original game otherwise it will crash. Im kind of confused by this. Is this a specific file (models.big), or does this include any .big file. The only things I've modded are the stadiums (.big files) and the fox sports overlay from nyybaseball99. I didnt have a problem with any of these mods until I installed the kgbaseball database.big file. I'm sorry if this was covered in an earlier post. I just didnt feel like reading through 36 pages of posts.

Nice work kg! It sounds like you've put a lot of effort into making this a great set to use.

Anyway, I'm having some issues installing it. I can copy everything over just fine and see the changed rosters but when I go to play a game with the Tigers, it crashes. I eventually moved Swingin Soriano's Epic III and it seems to be working fine but that looks like most of the attention has been paid to the majors. If at all possible, I'd like to have the minor league data from this set with it. Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?

Here's what I did:

1) Fresh install

2) Installed MVP06:MLB Final mod (so I could get the stadiums)

3) Installed Big Shmooz's models.big

4) Added the Face Files that Swingin Soriano recommended to the models.big using kg's Models.big Updater

5) Installed Facial hair and Uniform files

6) Installed Roster files

This is the first game I've done any modding with (installing, not creating) and it's been a while since I've done it too. Anyone care to help out a newb?

Are you using the Plus or Standard version?

What do you mean by #4? What face files did you add?

I've heard once before of a problem regarding the Tigers, and I thought it was Leyland's face, but I thought I had that fixed. If you know how to use MVPEdit, check what face # Leyland is and let me know. We'll get this fixed for you.

I installed the kgbaseball roster on my modded xbox yesturday and the first couple times i used it it worked. Today I started a new dynasty and every time I try and start the first game (Mets vs. Reds) it crashes. In the read me file it says that it will only work with the models.big that came with the original game otherwise it will crash. Im kind of confused by this. Is this a specific file (models.big), or does this include any .big file. The only things I've modded are the stadiums (.big files) and the fox sports overlay from nyybaseball99. I didnt have a problem with any of these mods until I installed the kgbaseball database.big file. I'm sorry if this was covered in an earlier post. I just didnt feel like reading through 36 pages of posts.

I know next to nothing about how the XBOX files work, but I guarantee you we'll have an 100% working XBOX, PS2, and PS3 version within the next couple days. So if you can't get it to work now, just wait a couple days and it should work with a new version.

Well, forget what I said about PS2, PS3, and XBOX users having to wait another couple days. You can find all 3 versions over at EAmods. You'll have to register, but that's where you can find them. So hop on over to www.eamods.com. All 3 are accurate as of 1/24.

We can all thank krawhitham for converting all 3.

Hiya. I wasn't going to post this, since I don't have a definitive answer to give you - but I figured you might wanna know anyway. In your latest update, you have Adam Kennedy listed as #2 on the Cardinals. I know all of our latest additions don't have their #'s posted yet (Kennedy, Wells, Franklin, Springer)... but I can assure you Kennedy's will not be #2. Because #2 is retired by the Cards for Red Schoendienst. If we're just gonna go with the closest - he'll probably be #3. #12 is available too, if he wants the "2" in there somewhere.

1,2,6,9,14,17,20,42,46, and 85 are all retired by STL.

Are you using the Plus or Standard version?

What do you mean by #4? What face files did you add?

I've heard once before of a problem regarding the Tigers, and I thought it was Leyland's face, but I thought I had that fixed. If you know how to use MVPEdit, check what face # Leyland is and let me know. We'll get this fixed for you.

Nevermind kg...I figured out the problem. Big Shmooz's readme says to put the models.big in the main MVP folder...which is what I did. Finally figured out that it should go in the data folder one level deeper...which is why I never had to tell it to overwrite anything, huh? No problems since I made that move.

Oh, and the face files that I added are from the link on Swingin Soriano's Epic III Beta dl. Not sure if I still need those but I've got things working now from what I can see. I tried a game as the Tigers and about half a dozen others just hitting random at the team select screen.