Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

I've always heard that it was 2 mph faster than the rating in MVPEdit. Usually, minor leaguers are +0 to -2 on all their pitches. It's a complete crapshoot from what I've seen. Even with variable "stuff" off, pitchers still have a wide range of velocities, which in my mind is a good thing. I have no idea whether it's your set up or not. I'm going to play an inning right now with Zumaya and see what happens.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KG, I brought this up once before and since then I've done a little more research on it. The fireballers like Zumaya, Verlander, and Jenks are hitting the backstop on a large percentage of their pitches. What is actually happening is the catcher is failing to catch. Many times the catcher lunges outside for a pitch that's actually right down the middle. When this happens, the speed and type of pitch thrown is not displayed, and the ball bangs up against the backstop.

Am I the only one seeing this?

I looked at these pitchers' ratings and discovered that their fastballs in game are 3 mph faster than their rated speed. Thus, Zumaya with his 100 rating is regularly hitting 103 mph. Joel very rarely hits that speed in real life, in fact it's usually juiced up radar guns that produce those readings. Does Bobby Jenks really throw a 100 mph cutter?

What I've done is lower their velocity rating to 97. This has eliminated the wild pitch/passed ball phenomena and they're still hitting 100 mph in game.

I don't know, maybe it's something in my setup that causes this?

It must be in your settings I play the reds and traded for zumaya he is my closer and his fastball hits 100mp and hasnt thrown one higher then 100mp as far as i can remember.

Okay. I don't know what settings could cause the catcher to be jumping around like that. It happens on MVP, All-Star, and Rookie. Pitch speed is set to zero in tuning. It happens with CPU vs CPU and also when I use the gamepad. I can't tell you what the pitch speed is when the catcher lunges away from the pitch because the game doesn't display it when that happens.

I don't know, man. I brought it up in this thread because I know roster modders work with player ratings, but if no one else has the problem, I'm out of bullets on this one. Guess I'll just keep these guys dialed down to 97 and go with the 100 mph in game velocity. Whatever works, hey?

2 Questions:

1. If you release another update and I update my game will my already started Franchise be updated too.

2. What Portraits are changed, in game or in roster and lineup menus or both. Chacin for Toronto has no picture in roster screen

----------------

Please Visit My Website

untouchableonlinebanner.jpg

Untouchable.png

1. No, unfortunately not.

2. If you use the Total Portraits download by Hory and KG, the portraits will be updated everywhere in the game (menus, in-game etc.)

----------------

Please Visit My Website

I just wanted to be friendly and let you know...

The rules for the website about signtatures is as follows:

Signatures:

1 (one) image maximum size: 475x125 @ 100kb

or

3 (three) lines of text (blank lines included). One line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width.

No animation or flash allowed.

So, basically, you can't have 2 separate images, and if you combine them into one, it cannot be larger than 475x125 (and 100kb or so).

Just wanted to give you a heads up.

I also sent you a PM about this - but didn't know if you'd get it, seeing as your sig is technically something you pasted into your message, not even an auto-attached sig.

EDIT: I just noticed that since that previous post, you did put both of those graphics, AND the line of text in your auto-attaching sig. Obviously, still a no-no. :)

I just wanted to be friendly and let you know...

The rules for the website about signtatures is as follows:

So, basically, you can't have 2 separate images, and if you combine them into one, it cannot be larger than 475x125 (and 100kb or so).

Just wanted to give you a heads up.

I also sent you a PM about this - but didn't know if you'd get it, seeing as your sig is technically something you pasted into your message, not even an auto-attached sig.

EDIT: I just noticed that since that previous post, you did put both of those graphics, AND the line of text in your auto-attaching sig. Obviously, still a no-no. :)

Thanks for the note: I will fix it up

sorry to keep bugging you but I want this right before I start my Franchise.

This is the same portrait file that is included as part of the MVP 07 total conversion mod therefore you do not need to install this if you have already installed MVP 07.

Whats the link to download the MVP 07 total conversion mod, which is the most updated one for rosters and potraits correct?

sorry to keep bugging you but I want this right before I start my Franchise.

Whats the link to download the MVP 07 total conversion mod, which is the most updated one for rosters and potraits correct?

Go to MVPMODS home page, look in the upper right at the featured download, click on it.