Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kg, the Cubs' Wade Miller looks like he needs a downgrade in velocity:

MILLER TIME SLOWS DOWN: It has been clear for some time that the Cubs aren't counting on Wade Miller to do much for the club this year. But Saturday was the first time anyone in the organization acknowledged publicly that Miller's 2005 shoulder surgery cost him his fastball, probably for good.

The former power pitcher, whose fastball routinely reached the mid-90s early in his career with Houston, had trouble reaching the mid-80s when he returned to the mound late last season, and it doesn't look like that has improved early in camp.

''Velocity's not the name of the game with Wade,'' Piniella said after the former power pitcher threw live batting practice to teammates. ''He doesn't have the arm strength that Kerry and the rest of these guys have, obviously. But he's got good rotation on his breaking ball, and he's spotting his fastball really well.''

From 2001-03, Miller averaged 15 wins and 30 starts a season with Houston before the shoulder problems started in 2004.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cu...cubnt25.article

His fastball is at 92 mph in your roster.

one thing i´ve noticed about this roster is that a lot of guys wear wristbands on his non-glove hand but not on his glove hand (Grady Sizemore for example), now I for one have never seen a guy do this in real life, maybe you wanna look into this?

btw nice update! best roster available hands down :)

Hey, downloaded these to fix the UR/MVPEdit crashing issue.

Just a few various suggestions:

Cubs:

-Flip Izturis and DeRosa's batting order spots

-Soriano and Jones' positions should be swapped

-Swap Marshall, Cotts, Wuertz and Cedeno for Wade Miller, Ryan Theriot, Angel Pagan, and Novoa(?) (forgot who I brought up when I edited)

-Carlos Zambrano's speed needs to be upped....he actually runs quite well for his size, I've seen him get a base hit bunt, and he stole a base. Same for Jason Marquis, who is faster and has been used as a pinch-runner. Maybe 65 and 72 respectively.

Devil Rays:

-Edwin Jackson is out of options, so he'll probably make the team, as either a LRP or the fifth starter

-Jae Kuk Ryu is also a frontrunner for the fifth starter.

-Seth McClung will likely close

-According to the Tampa Trib, Al Reyes has a good shot to make the team

-Ty Wigginton's secondary position should be changed to UTIL, as he played 1B, 2B, 3B, LF, and RF last year.

I'll post more suggestions as I go through the rosters....great work though!

Hey, downloaded these to fix the UR/MVPEdit crashing issue.

Just a few various suggestions:

Cubs:

-Flip Izturis and DeRosa's batting order spots

-Soriano and Jones' positions should be swapped

-Swap Marshall, Cotts, Wuertz and Cedeno for Wade Miller, Ryan Theriot, Angel Pagan, and Novoa(?) (forgot who I brought up when I edited)

-Carlos Zambrano's speed needs to be upped....he actually runs quite well for his size, I've seen him get a base hit bunt, and he stole a base. Same for Jason Marquis, who is faster and has been used as a pinch-runner. Maybe 65 and 72 respectively.

Devil Rays:

-Edwin Jackson is out of options, so he'll probably make the team, as either a LRP or the fifth starter

-Jae Kuk Ryu is also a frontrunner for the fifth starter.

-Seth McClung will likely close

-According to the Tampa Trib, Al Reyes has a good shot to make the team

-Ty Wigginton's secondary position should be changed to UTIL, as he played 1B, 2B, 3B, LF, and RF last year.

I'll post more suggestions as I go through the rosters....great work though!

Thanks for hopping on board! I've got a couple questions regarding your suggestions.

Do you really not see Cotts, Wuertz, and Marshall making the Cubs roster out of ST? Are they all hurt or something?

As for pitcher's speed, you'll notice every single one in the roster is listed at 43. I'll definitely look into increasing some pitchers' speeds; it can't hurt to be more accurate.

TB: For Jackson and Reyes, they'll stay in AAA for now. They make the 25 man roster in April, they'll move up. McClung is now the closer, and I've moved Dohmann down and moved Ryu up into the 5th spot. Wigginton is also UTIL now.

Thanks for your suggestions. Keep 'em coming.

one thing i´ve noticed about this roster is that a lot of guys wear wristbands on his non-glove hand but not on his glove hand (Grady Sizemore for example), now I for one have never seen a guy do this in real life, maybe you wanna look into this?

btw nice update! best roster available hands down :)

I've never really noticed whether players wear bands on their non throwing arms, but I'll take your word for it. I used MVPEdit to make the changes, so anybody wearing 1 wristband will be wearing it on their glove hand.