Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

He's some changes within Phillies system:

Brent Aberthany (Ottawa Lynx) was traded Washington Nationals for cash and placed on AAA affiliate Columbus

Joe Thurston was called up from Reading(AA) and Joe Bisenius was sent down from Philadelphia to Ottawa

Pete Shier(A) was called up to Reading

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, all rosters should use the same models.big. Possibly more options can be created like:

EA models.big: Default, made for standard versions

Plus models.big: Mostly major league faces, minor league faces included too

Majors models.big: Faces for only major league players. (Including relievers, bench players, etc.) Some players who WILL be called up can get faces, but simply a models.big made for people who do not play minor league games.

Minors models.big: A models.big that has the more well-known major leaguers but has a great emphasis on minor league prospects. Simply each top 100 sort of guy has a face. There should be a handful of real faces on each minor league team to make it noticeable.

Possibly a Plus/minors blend could be created for KG, but you have to give credit to Big Shmooz, Krawhitham, and Totte for creating the regular plus models.big that seems to satisfy everybody. (As long as you have the EA 2x faces handy. ;) )

I'll just repeat this though, every roster should be compatible with a models.big. A 'just KG' models.big would be stupid, as in, UR should be able to use those numbers too. It could be made for KG, but it should be available for all. Just like how Hory puts all the effort for making audio/portrait IDs available for everyone the same should be done for models.bigs. In a way, it already is, but models.big(s) should never try to be exclusive.

Could someone please respond ...

KG's roster freezes the game up on XBox ... I have the UData folder on the c: drive and a couple stadium mods that have worked in the past ... that is it.

Are there other mod files that must accompany kg's roster file?

Thanks.

Could someone please respond ...

KG's roster freezes the game up on XBox ... I have the UData folder on the c: drive and a couple stadium mods that have worked in the past ... that is it.

Are there other mod files that must accompany kg's roster file?

Thanks.

I am using KG 3.0 with no problems on Xbox...but I copied the file from Action Replay.

Kg, I don't know if you were planning on doing a DL save with minor leaguers, but Baseball America has a post with each team's minor league disabled lists. It doesn't list how long they're out for, but there's other information there that might be some use to you.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/prospects/?p=144

I considered doing that, but it would leave many of the minor league teams with 20-22 players, something that doesn't appeal to me. I could import new players in, but once the players on the DL came off, you'd have an overload of players in the minor leagues, and you'd have to release a bunch of them. It's a good idea, but I'm limited with these 25 man roster limit.

If this has been asked before, I am sorry. I tried looking for a response, but its 80 pages. When I downloaded the dynasty save, I opened it up and I have no music in my jukebox playing. I hear audio, but it is my menu audio. How can I get the songs to play. I spent a while trying to figure out how to get my own music in the game, but now it won't play. I went back to the main menu and all the songs are turned off. Is there a way to turn them on in the plus dynasty you created. (Which is freakin awesome by the way. Love the realism). Thanks for yours and/or anyones help.

Nah, there's no way to turn it back on. I accidentally had it turned off when I created the DL save, and you can't turn it back on once you start a dynasty. Creating another DL save isn't on top of my to do list, but hopefully it'll get done eventually.

KG - think you might want to up Akinori Iwamura's (D-Rays) speed attribute? I believe he's rated in the low 70's (I have the xbox version)...the guy flies on the bases and has great quickness - have seen him make two tremendous plays in the hole deep at third base...he beat out an infield single tonight against Minny. I'm guessing he'll steal close to 30 bases this season...just a thought. Thanks!

I just did a fantasy draft last night and got to go through your roster for the first time.

Why is Jose Reyes rated so low? His stats are off the charts for an SS and I keep hearing on ESPN how he's the best defender at his position. Yet both his hitting and fielding stats stink.

Also why is Luis Castillo the best 2nd baseman in the game?

Reyes is not a great defender, I don't care what ESPN says. His stats tell a different story. He's very average in the field, but he has a tremendous arm and good range. My ratings are based off of the last 3 years, and Reyes didn't do much in 04 and 05, hence the lower ratings. If he has a good year again this year, expect his hitting stats to go up a bit.

Reyes is not a great defender, I don't care what ESPN says. His stats tell a different story.

Compare him to Jeter who has a much better fielding rating.

Jeter had 15 errors and a .975 fielding percentage in 2006.

Reyes had 17 errors and a .971 in 2006.

There's only a slight drop in stats yet Reyes has a fielding rating of 60 and Jeter's at 80, if I remember right. What other stats do you use to determine this rating? They should have virtually the same rating.

Jeter has been playing baseball for over 10 years and was given three gold gloves. Reyes is... Reyes. Reyes is also given A LOT more range than Jeter, and I see no complaints about that.

Also why is Luis Castillo the best 2nd baseman in the game?

I looked at the Epic rankings and Chase Utley was #1, then Castillo, then Brian Roberts, then Robinson Cano. I'm sure it is the same in KG's roster, because I doubt he would penalize Chase Utley and improve Castillo, would he? :lol:

I actually looked at the draft purposely to better line up the ratings. It is something I have taken great care in.

My ratings are based off of the last 3 years, and Reyes didn't do much in 04 and 05, hence the lower ratings. If he has a good year again this year, expect his hitting stats to go up a bit.

I think the problem is that basing ratings off of 3 years, players who explode in the third year and never look back will take 3 full years from their breakout year to have their stats completely up to par. I am not saying it is wrong to rate that way, there really isn't a better way, but I think that is why some guys like Reyes, who had rough rookie years, aren't rated as high as they could be. What I do is go through the draft and find those players and bump them up a bit. I kind of predict what they are going to do in '07. That is fine for my taste, but I like what KG does for a roster that everyone is going to be using - even if I do think Reyes is rated way too low :)

As far as the post about Luis Castillo being the best secondbaseman in the fantasy draft, the game engine tends to overrate speed and defense. If you look at the players physical stats, they are right on line with what they should be. Kind of like when the MVP at the end of a dynasty always seems to be a guy with a lot of steals and good defense. Again, not a terrible thing, but it seems to make the stats seem wrong, even though in most cases KG's ratings are spot on.

Hey KG. Not too much here but I did notice that Micah Owings of the DBacks appears to be a decent hitting pitcher. I believe he went 2-3 in last nights game with a rbi or two.

Also, I think you have Shane Victorino's arm underrated as well as Chase Utley's speed. Victorino had something like 11 assists last year and I am constantly hearing about how good his arm is (though not as good as Michael Bourn's). Utley, while not a base stealing machine by any means is one of the very best baserunners in the game. An 81 seems a little low to me. I realize you take different things into account to reach these ratings but Utley is one of the best first-to-third guys in baseball (pre huge contract anyway :) )

It appears that Josh hamilton and Ian Kinsler may be a little underrated also. Both are off to real quick starts. Kinda hard to predict how it ends though, right?

Great work, keep it up.

Hands down, your rosters are the best and most detailed available and I second Madcap's idea of an exclusive models.big for your work. The models.big which is included with the 07 mod is missing some of the great faces which were released recently. Just my :twocents:

Anyway, your rosters along with Madcap's faces made this game enjoyable again. Although i'm 31 years old, your rosters made me feel excited like a little kid, thanks for that :lol:

Stay tuned Ghostdog, KG and I are cooking up something extra sweet that you are sure to enjoy.

I think the problem is that basing ratings off of 3 years, players who explode in the third year and never look back will take 3 full years from their breakout year to have their stats completely up to par.

Tell that to Brian Roberts ;)

I am not saying it is wrong to rate that way, there really isn't a better way, but I think that is why some guys like Reyes, who had rough rookie years, aren't rated as high as they could be.

In the end consistency is good, you need to keep the same formulas for everybody, but players like Reyes get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their ratings due to breaking out.

As far as the post about Luis Castillo being the best secondbaseman in the fantasy draft, the game engine tends to overrate speed and defense. If you look at the players physical stats, they are right on line with what they should be.

While Chase Utley is the highest rated second baseman, even IMO Castillo is not better than, lets say, Robinson Cano. But, we have to remember Castillo is a 10 year vet or so with a career .300 average, scores of steals, GGs, he has had a good career. Cano has just really started in comparison. However if Robbie keeps raking things will look much different in 2008.