Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I use that formula, I get a 72~, which equates to a 8 or 9 in the game. BUT, he was 3rd in the entire MLB in walks, which should raise his Discipline a few points. Of course, he struck out more than anyone, so that should decrease it. Perhaps 10 or 11 is a fair number?

They walk him so much because of his power and because the batters hitting around him used to not be that great. That's what I mean about subtracting out intentional walks. Although some pitchers probably just throw all balls at him also to see if he'll swing at any of them. If you actually watch him play, he swings at almost anything which basicaly means he can't tell where the ball is going and that his plate discipline stinks.

I would agree with you from before and just say leave it alone so he's consistent with everyone else in terms of the formula.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, I'm pretty sure I didn't see this, but what about making his contact worse? I mean Adam Dunn is a guy who will wait for something he likes and try to swat it out of the yard. If he doesn't get it, then he will strike out or walk. That wouldn't attest to a high contact rating in my book.

btw kg, here are some things i noticed that personally i would change in the roster:

cano's contact ratings need to go WAY up: he hit higher than jeter, like .345 or something. right now it's at 69 & 84 - that needs to be more like 85 and 95.

also, Wang's 2-seamer has the movement at 70, and control at 79 - if this is supposedly his "sinker" pitch, the movement needs to go WAY up, and the control should be about 89. also, his forkball should be replaced by a change. i've never seen it mentioned that he has a forkball, and i know he does have a changeup.

aslo, just a little thing - actually Wang's slider is 12-6, rather than 11-5.

also, jeter wears his pants normal.

again, these are just my opinion, you don't have to listen to me at all if you don't want to. all of the rating boosts are just my opinions, however, i'm 95% sure that wang does have a change and not a forkball. if you only take one advice out of all this, PLEASE change jeter's pants to the normal height. he would never wear his pants long like some show-off. :) still, do what you want, you're the boss. :)

Here's what I had for Wang for 2007. It may be changed again as I totally overhaul the Yankees. As for the forkball/changeup/splitter thing...

1. Ron Guidry called the pitch a splitter in an article in a newspaper

2. Some scouting reports call it a splitter

3. Sometimes it's called a changeup

4. Very few sliders are 12-6, as I am changing ton of slider movements this time around

5. It was listed as a forkball because that's the pitch I heard he had when he came up, and my brother is convinced it's a forkball. So, blame him. :p

It may be changed into a splitter when I screw around with Wang again. I think these ratings are fair for a 3.60 ERA pitcher.

Where's Johan Santana's cut fastball?

Also, Fransisco Liriano doesn't have a slurve, it's just a curve.

Also, some of the batting stances for the Twins are way off. (Mauer, Hunter, Morneau)

Lastly, why is Luis Castillo so fat?

EDIT: Carlos Silva is NOT that good.

Luis Castillo is fat, he's been chunky for about 3 years now.

btw kg, here are some things i noticed that personally i would change in the roster:

cano's contact ratings need to go WAY up: he hit higher than jeter, like .345 or something. right now it's at 69 & 84 - that needs to be more like 85 and 95.

also, Wang's 2-seamer has the movement at 70, and control at 79 - if this is supposedly his "sinker" pitch, the movement needs to go WAY up, and the control should be about 89. also, his forkball should be replaced by a change. i've never seen it mentioned that he has a forkball, and i know he does have a changeup.

aslo, just a little thing - actually Wang's slider is 12-6, rather than 11-5.

also, jeter wears his pants normal.

You are definitely right about Cano, and I have heard of Wang throwing a splitter/forkball AND a changeup, so I don't really know about that, but I'm pretty sure Jeter's pants are regular, as he dresses to the Yankee dress code.

Where's Johan Santana's cut fastball?

Also, Fransisco Liriano doesn't have a slurve, it's just a curve.

Also, some of the batting stances for the Twins are way off. (Mauer, Hunter, Morneau)

Lastly, why is Luis Castillo so fat?

EDIT: Carlos Silva is NOT that good.

Yes, Luis Castillo is a cow.

I'm under the impression Johan only has the change, fastball, and slider. The only way I'll change that is if you're a Twins fan by trade and see him pitch all year round. He throw a hard slider, maybe that's why it looks like a cutter.

If you can think of better fits for those 3 batting stances, be my guest. Morneau is the only one I personally have a problem with, but there's none in my opinion that suit him better.

And Silva is tough to rate because he has such immaculate control. I'll ask SwinginSoriano about whether or not he'll decrease the "goodness" of him. I agree with you that he's not THAT good, but the game takes control into huge consideration regarding how good a player is.

Silva was probably one of the worst pitchers this season.

He had one or two good starts.

Also, are you sure about some of the pitching stances? Garza's looks a bit off. I'll fix them and post them and see what you think.

EDIT: I hate to sound like such a jackass and all, but the ages for a lot of the players are off. Silva is listed as 2 years younger, just like a lot of the players.

I'm not sure if this is just with this roster, or with everyone else's. I just noticed it

Matt Garza's pitching delivery, I changed it to T. Hudson.

For Mauer and Hunter, I couldn't find any better than the plain Generic. (Sorry about that :p) For Morneau, I changed it to Upright. I based it off of the clips at MLB.com. Don't recall their stances very well from the season, such a while ago

Silva was probably one of the worst pitchers this season.

He had one or two good starts.

Also, are you sure about some of the pitching stances? Garza's looks a bit off. I'll fix them and post them and see what you think.

EDIT: I hate to sound like such a jackass and all, but the ages for a lot of the players are off. Silva is listed as 2 years younger, just like a lot of the players.

I'm not sure if this is just with this roster, or with everyone else's. I just noticed it

Once the rosters are loaded into the game, the ages will be correct. KG set them that way because the game is two years off now, so the ages need to be adjusted to be correct.