Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

I downloaded the standard roster patch (and it works great). But I have one question. I have noticed all first baseman in the games glove is a weird lime green and light orange color. How do I rectify this problem?

Thanks!

Install the updated fielding gloves by TheSpungo available in the download section here at MVPmods.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across a bug when trying to re-add the Heroes and Legends team like I usually do by importing them in MVP Edit to replace the AL and NL Rising Stars. Since Phillip Hughes is on the AL team, he becomes Default Player for the Yankees in the #4 pitching spot, is there any way around this problem? I am still pretty new to the MVP 07 mod and this issue may have been there previously with other players but I mainly use the Yankees so it was not noticible for me until your most recent 3.0.5 update with Hughes as a Starter for the main club.

Also just a small cosmetic thing, Bobby Abreu still has his red Phillies outfielder mitt. That ends up being another thing I change while I am importing the Heroes and Legends since I have MVPEdit running.

I'm just curious, as I downloaded the old one, but is SP Jeremy Jeffress created in this roster update? If he was, he would be on the Milwaukee Brewers A team, the West Virgina Power. Just curious so if someone could help me out here and let me know that would be great!

Thanks!

I'm just curious, as I downloaded the old one, but is SP Jeremy Jeffress created in this roster update? If he was, he would be on the Milwaukee Brewers A team, the West Virgina Power. Just curious so if someone could help me out here and let me know that would be great!

Thanks!

No he is not in the current update.

Matt Bush, the #1 overall pick in the 2004 draft of the Padres, will be converted into a pitcher. Here's the article from the San Diego Union-Tribune:

Making Bush a pitcher

The Padres have decided to turn Matt Bush into a pitcher, nearly three years since they drafted him first overall as a shortstop.

"I just think now is the time," said Vice President of Scouting and Development Grady Fuson, who made the decision.

Fuson said Bush, 21, is "ecstatic" to return to the mound, where he last performed in 2004 for Mission Bay High. In his prep career, Bush went 9-1 with a 0.42 ERA, stiking out 91 in 66 innings. His fastball regulary topped 90 miles per hour.

"He had a big arm," said scouting director Bill Gayton.

Bush was having his fourth below-average season at shortstop, batting .204 with 13 errors in 26 games with Single-A Lake Elsinore. Fuson said that Bush will begin working with pitching coach Steve Webber this week and probably will pitch for the Peoria Padres in the rookie-level Arizona Summer League.

KG, great rosters as always. But I'm having a problem with Oakland's lineups. Whenever I go in and try to update them with glass' MVPEdit, I get an error message on the A's lineup against NL teams, despite the fact they are filled correctly. Any idea on how I can fix this?

Yup, that fixed it. I'm a PS2 guy who caved in and bought the PC version for the mods, so I'm a newbie about importing portraits and stadium updates into the game. Is there a thread that breaks down what I need to do? Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the update. Nice job. I just have a few Red Sox suggestions and I would like to hear what you think.

- David Ortiz should be set to heavy

- Schilling, Wakefield should have normal socks

- Papelbon's pitching movement should be set to Hoffman's

- Varitek should be set to stocky big chest (not sure on this one though) and I think his stance should be set to Derek Jeter because he has that waving of the bat and that leg kick that he does

- Would a Counsell or a J. Morgan stance be better for Crisp? I don't really know about this, but I use Counsell's stance for Crisp.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know and see what you thought about these. Take care.

EDIT: Youkilis should have normal socks