Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to add still another post, but I feel a need to express what I think Awesome means.

Awesome to me is Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson, Mariano Rivera, Curt Schilling and Roger Clemens when they were dominating pitchers. I would not put Felix Hernandez or Wang in their category.

Sorry to add still another post, but I feel a need to express what I think Awesome means.

Awesome to me is Pedro Martinez, Randy Johnson, Mariano Rivera, Curt Schilling and Roger Clemens when they were dominating pitchers. I would not put Felix Hernandez or Wang in their category.

Awesome is pitchers that are dominating the game of baseball today, not yesterday. King Felix, Wang, Beckett, Haren, Verlander etc. I don't think you should use star power Awesome on players who're past their prime and were superstars - you use Awesome for players that are just that (awesome) in the game today.

Awesome is pitchers that are dominating the game of baseball today, not yesterday. King Felix, Wang, Beckett, Haren, Verlander etc. I don't think you should use star power Awesome on players who're past their prime and were superstars - you use Awesome for players that are just that (awesome) in the game today.

I wasn't suggesting to use awesome for players past their prime, and that should be clear from what I said above about when they were dominating pitchers.

Felix Hernandez and Wang are not dominating. Wang had a good year in 2006, but he is not doing so well this year.

I remember the time I argued that Grienke should not have such a high rating in UR, and that when he was a starting pitcher. I was told how he has this great stuff and will be a top-notch pitcher. Well, I said his stats did not dictate such a high rating, and what happened to the great Greinke? He is now a relief pitcher and his rating is?

I checked the stats for Hernandez on ESPN's web site and, err, kind of pathetic. He may have great stuff, just like Grienke did, but he has to prove being worth that Awesome rating.

I still say the term Awesome is too loosely used in rosters. Felix Hernandez may have lots of potential, and so he should be rated Lots.

Wang is not awesome; I don't think he's scaring too many batters ;-)

Cavicchi... You of course realize that when you say...

He has a lower ERA thus far in '07 than he did in '06.

Hernandez also has a lower ERA thus far in 2007, dropped from 4.52 to 4.11, although the 4.52 is for a full season.

I am a Yankee fan and certainly not biased against Wang, but I just don't see him as Awesome, and I don't go by one year. I like to see Pitchers with an ERA under 3 or very close to it before thinking of them as awesome.

We can always use MVP Editor to change a pitcher's rating if he suddenly becomes a dominating force on the mound.

KG-

Chris Coghlan is getting called up to A+ Jupiter, first game Wednesday. I know you don't add prospects until they hit the A+ level, so giving you the heads up.

He was ranked the #9 prospect in the Marlin's system by Baseball America before this year, #2 hitting prospect behind Gaby Sanchez. Most consider Coghlan to now be the #1 hitting prospect after what he's done so far this year. He's 2b main, 3B second. Not a very strong arm (Main reason he was moved to 2B from 3B, though also had to do with lack of 3b-like power), average fielder (bunch of blurbs in the future's game but he's not that bad), good eye, good speed

Splits in Greensboro:

http://www.minorleaguesplits.com/cgi-bin/p...&tm=GrbSAL&bp=b

I used your recently updated rosters to start a new dynasty, and it crashes on April 7th everytime. I know this was an issue in the past, but I thought it was fixed. Think you can shed some light as to why this may be?

If you use the .mbe file, I'm pretty sure that's what happens.

I used your recently updated rosters to start a new dynasty, and it crashes on April 7th everytime. I know this was an issue in the past, but I thought it was fixed. Think you can shed some light as to why this may be?

Yep, I'm having the same problem...

Hey KG, I'd like argue for a ratings boost for Nick Punto. I won't mention his hitting, but I think his fielding could use a boost in your roster. If you check out the multimedia section of his mlb.com profile its filled with videos of him making some nice plays. He might not be gold glove caliber, but he is good. Thanks

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/team/player...layer_id=346857

KG-

Chris Coghlan is getting called up to A+ Jupiter, first game Wednesday. I know you don't add prospects until they hit the A+ level, so giving you the heads up.

He was ranked the #9 prospect in the Marlin's system by Baseball America before this year, #2 hitting prospect behind Gaby Sanchez. Most consider Coghlan to now be the #1 hitting prospect after what he's done so far this year. He's 2b main, 3B second. Not a very strong arm (Main reason he was moved to 2B from 3B, though also had to do with lack of 3b-like power), average fielder (bunch of blurbs in the future's game but he's not that bad), good eye, good speed

Splits in Greensboro:

http://www.minorleaguesplits.com/cgi-bin/p...&tm=GrbSAL&bp=b

It's about time! I was just waiting for him to get the promo; he'll be added ASAP.

The White Sox recalled righty Ehren Wassermann from Class AAA Charlotte after sending down right-handed pitcher Nick Masset following last night's victory at Cleveland.

I heard on the radio today that Masset was sent down with the intention of stretching him out to become a starter while they try to trade a pitcher (most likely Contreras)