Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do this.

Open up the roster .rar. Go to the standard folder, then to roster files, then database. Put all those files in your MVP/data/database folder, and click Yes when asked to overwrite. If you have the original MVP 05 installed, that's the roster version that will work perfectly for you.

The models.big that we talk about is a collection of hundreds of custom cyberfaces for players for the game. I suggest you just get a feel for the game and its files using the standard version first, and then when you know how the file structure works, you can download MVP 07, and all the corresponding addons for that.

Just a couple little Yankees edit's suggestions.......

~ Mike Mussina throws either a slider or cutter depending on what you want to call it, I would give it 11-5 movement at about 85 mph. I would get rid of his splitter for it. He has decent control of it, and ok movement.

~ Phil Hughes should have his curveball at about 73 or 74, not 80 mph.

~ I've seen Joba's curve once or twice it's more at the 80 mph range, no idea what his changeup looks like.

~You might want to make Damon's 1st pos LF.

~ You need to completely redo Ross Ohlendorf. He's a relief pitcher now, so bump down his stamina down a bit. His average fastball in his ML debut was 96.2 so I suggest giving his 4 seam at 96 mph (he was reaching 98) and it has a lot of sink and run on it so add a 2-seam at about 94 mph. His slider is about 85 with 11-5 movement. More movement then control I would say.

He scrapped his curve and change and over the fall league he will be learning a splitter.

~ Edwar Ramirez's fastball is about 90-91, and his slider is about 83-84.

~ Also still no love for Jorge? He's gunna finish in the top-10 for MVP, is hitting about .340 this late in the season and still he has a 67 for a contact rating?

Do this.

Open up the roster .rar. Go to the standard folder, then to roster files, then database. Put all those files in your MVP/data/database folder, and click Yes when asked to overwrite. If you have the original MVP 05 installed, that's the roster version that will work perfectly for you.

The models.big that we talk about is a collection of hundreds of custom cyberfaces for players for the game. I suggest you just get a feel for the game and its files using the standard version first, and then when you know how the file structure works, you can download MVP 07, and all the corresponding addons for that.

OK. My big problem when I'm using your rosters is that the game crashes whenever I open up an edit screen in roster management for a player who I assume must have a cyberface. I'm assuming there was something I was supposed to download that I didn't. Any recommendations?

I've decided that I'm going to edit the rosters myself, but I'm going to edit your rosters instead of the original rosters. Once I figure out why my game crashes, how do I open your rosters in MVPEdit and begin my work? I read the FAQ thread in the forums, but it didn't help much.

Thanks for all your help.

they shouldnt be crashing if you use the STANDARD. those use the cyberfaces the game came with along with the jerseys and what not that came with the game also. ive never had a crashing issue with his rosters

as for mvpedit click open and locate the mbe file thats in the rar

I am using standard. It only crashes for a few players. The players it crashes for are usually great players in real life who don't have custom faces in the original game, so I assume it has something to do with the cyberfaces.

As for the whole models.big, I never downloaded anything like that that I know of.

EDIT: I noticed that a few of my favorite players who had cyberfaces in the original version no longer have them. Why is that, and is there a way I can change them back?

PLEASE DISREGARD ALL OF MY PREVIOUS POSTS

Since my game isn't working well, I'm going to uninstall and then reinstall it. I'm going to install these rosters after that. So my question is this:

What other downloads and files besides the roster files themselves am I going to need in order for my game to work properly?

Also, are there updated uniforms and stadiums in these rosters?

Thank you for any help.