Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK KG, I need some help.

Thus far, I've used Ultimate Rosters with the Big Shmooz models.big. If I want to switch to your rosters, I need to download your rosters, obviously. To switch the models.big how would I obtain the MVP 07 models.big without reinstalling MVP07?

Also, how would I update the files in my current dynasty so that it doesn't crash? I can use Tywiggins' datafile extractor utility, so would I just start a new dynasty, extract the files, and then import them? I want it so that player information (IE, batter ratings, etc), and cyberface numbers match and everything, but I want the rosters (IE, specific teams, team lineups, etc) to stay the same. Which datafiles would I want to import into my original dynasty?

Do you understand what I'm asking? I can clarify if needed.

Thanks,

TS

OK KGB, just to make sure I'm doing this right, I did a bit of research to get an idea of what I need to do...

Firstly, I install the models.big and the September update that I found on EA Mods. Next, I install your rosters.

Then, to update my dynasty roster stuff without changing the teams, I start a new dynasty, run the following program: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=19322.html, and then switch to my real dynasty, run this program: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=28835.html, and then I should be good. Anything wrong with that plan?

Plus version:

MVP 07 +

Patch 2 +

Roster +

Most recent official 07 models.big = should be good to go.

As for the dynasty thing, I've never found a error-free way to do that. tywiggins has his Attribute Updater program, which is supposed to allow you to change rosters during a dynasty, but it's never worked correctly for me. My best advice would be just to start over. Using the .dat importer/exporter can open up a lot of different problems as well.

hey kg

i can't extract the files from the 7z-archive you mentioned in the download section (september updates). i've tried with winrar and winzip

it always asks for a password ... ?!?

besides that everything works fine even without the september update. but i'd like to have some new faces in there like okajima, ellsbury etc. (which are in the september update i hope)

KG,

I was wondering if there was any chance of "normalizing" the minor league ratings. Something that's always bothered me with all the rosters is how most of the time, minor league players have similiar ratings for contract and power against both lhp and rhp.

Like, the main split I follow is John Baker's. His past three years in AAA he's put up the line of:

Baker-

RHP:.271/.343/.412/.755

LHP:.210/.323/.272/.595

.061 difference in batting average, and a .140 difference in SLG. You look at that, Baker only has a .062 ISO against LHP, wheras it's .141 against RHP. So a big difference in both contact and power numbers

but ingame his ratings are

LHP: 51 contact/44 power

RHP: 54 contact/48 power

Hardly a difference

and again it's not just Baker, but a lot of minor leaguers.

Now ofcoarse going through every minor league player's splits would take a lonnnng time, but it'd still be cool if the minor league ratings were more realistic.

During the offseason, this is the main thing I'm going to concentrate on. I've noticed the same thing you have. I've seen that most minor leaguers end up with the same amount of homeruns every season, and it's my goal to change that by adjusting the power ratings, home run %, etc. We'll see how it goes.

I'm trying out a new method of rating guys, and Baker comes out to 40/30 {contact/power) against lefties, and 58/50 against RHP. I'm still going to do a lot of testing on this, but I think I'm headed in the right direction.

Hey guys, new PC player over here (used to be xbox). Anyways, I just installed mvp 07 and its amazing, now Im wondering what to do next. Which models.big should I use to get all the latest stuff that will work with KGs awesome roster? Thanks and sorry for being a noob lol

Hey KG, I got a question for ya... is there any chance that once everyone files for free agency, could you make a roster release with everyone in free agency, sort of as a fantasy roster for us to use? Then those who download it can be there favorite team's GM, add the free agents they would like to see their team add in the offseason and begin a dynasty. If that won't work, no problem, I just thought it'd be a cool idea for us as an alternative from always using the set rosters...

kg, phil hughes throws a knuckle-curve instead of a curve. i keep seeing his pointer finger like mussina's when he throws his knuckle-curve. just something i think you should take a look at. thanks. and what stamina should i set joba chamberlain to if he was a starter?