MVP Mods Official Question Of The Day Thread

DJEagles

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best: Chargers, Ladanian, Rivers, Gates and that Defense.

Worst: I really wanna say Raiders, but I have to go with Browns, just based on the vastly super defense of the Raiders.

Most Improved: With Jamarcus next year the Raiders did the most to improve this year, other then that probably the 49ers. Alex Smith just keeps getting better, and the few signings they made were very impactful.

Best: Patriots, they just looks so dominant.

Worst: Cleveland, they can't figure out their QB situation and until Brady is the QB they are gunna be last.

Most Improved: Lions, another year with the Martz offense and key players stepping up will give Detroit to make the playoffs this year in the weak NFC.

• 1 year later...

It's been a couple of years, since this thread was last used, so I thought I would start it up again:

Today's question:

Contract 10 MLB teams, or relocate them. Give reasons why you think they would work in these new cities, or would be better off folding.

Part B: Would you expand MLB's plyoff format to include more teams? If so, how many? If not, why?

10 teams isn't realistic at all and too hard to make logical arguements so I'm skipping to B ;)

I'd go to 6 teams per league in the playoffs. Would make the playoff races a little more exciting keeping more cities in the hunt. Basically the format would follow the NFL where the top two division winners get byes (and some good rest) and the other four teams playing in a 5 game series.

so I would go 5-7-7-7 (I truly hate the 5 game series but what can ya do without cutting games out of the regular season.

Let's see...contracting ten teams in Major League Baseball. I can only think of six. Three for each league.

1. Florida Marlins. Those poor saps couldn't fill their stadium even if they gave every ticket away.

2. Tampa Bay Rays. Same reason as #1.

3. Washington Nationals. No one cares.

4. Arizona Diamondbacks. Even the people in Arizona don't watch their games.

5. Kansas City Royals. They had a good team once. Twenty four years ago. They can go to hell.

6. Seattle Mariners. One good year since 1977 and that's it.

As for the playoff format I would not touch it at all.

1. Relocate the Washington Nationals to Monterrey, Mexico or to San Juan, PR. Latin America deserves a MLB team, although San Juan didn't fill the stadium everytime the Expos played there in 2003 and 2004. Hiram Bithorn Stadium only holds 18,000 so a second deck should be installed if the Nats move to Puerto Rico. The bad news is that there are many hurricanes that hit the island on the regular season

Monterrey looks like the best option, it has the third largest metropolitan area in Mexico and the city has a big baseball fanbase compared to other cities in the country. Estadio Monterrey has a capacity of 27,000, it's near the US border and would add that latin flavor to the Major Leagues. 4 MLB games have been played there. The opening series of the 1996 season (Mets vs Padres) and the Opening Day of the 1999 season between the Rockies and the Padres.

2. Get rid of the Florida Marlins and the San Diego Padres.

3. Since there would be 14 teams in the NL, I would move Pittsburgh to the NL East, Monterrey to the NL West since most of the MLB teams Mexicans like are in that division.

4. Playoff format stays the same.

5. Fire Bud Selig ASAP.

Question Of The Day:

With Big Papi's name being "released", what effect does it have on the BoSox fans here? Do you feel that the two World series titles are tainted? Or, with steroids pretty much touching every team, does it even matter anymore?

Part Two:

What player on the team you root for, would you suspect of using?

Archived