Busch Stadium III Update!

Pirate

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not planning on changing the dimensions or making it so the upper deck in right field extends into fair territory, are you? (In real life, it does. In your mod, it does not).

I'm not complaining - I hope I didn't sound like it - I LOVE the stadium you made!

For many of us Cardinals fans, it is one of the most important mods - it "made" the '06 mod complete.

I originally wrote this in the first thread Pirate made. I figured I'd put it here, since this is where the discussion on the ongoing work on updating Busch III is occuring now.

I never really got a response - so I'm actually assuming the plan is to NOT try to "fix" the right field decks so they extend into fair territory - but I figured I'd just ask.

BTW - it's really exciting that Big Mac Land and the retired numbers are gonna be included. Not to mention the bullpens will be more accurate!

w00t! I'm almost as excited now as when this stadium was first about to be released!

That is perfect ChicagoCubs720! Wow!

I will look into extending right field. I am not touching the dimensions.

I didn't even know (still don't) if the dimensions were/are wrong - I was just remembering that quite a long time ago you had suggested SeanO might "fix" them - but I never knew if anything ended up happening with that.

As far as the concept of extending the decks down in right field into fair territory: That's cool. I honestly don't even know how much to thank you, because I have NO IDEA how much work it takes to do such a thing. lol.

I'm really not sure why it took me until now to figure it out, but the reason the wall graphic doesn't line up is because the corner isn't correct.

If you aren't changing the dimensions then it doesn't matter. However, if you are thinking about moving the walls at all, that corner should be much smaller than it is.

Pirate, is this ok? Let me know if you think the camera should be changed, I want it to be perfect.

semifbulpyt3.png

There is one error, I need to switch the pitchers around (easily done)

Wait, so you found out how to change pitchers in the bullpen! Incredible!

Wait, so you found out how to change pitchers in the bullpen! Incredible!

well, yes. Pirate and I both happened to be looking through the stadium datafiles a few months ago, and we figured it might be possible. I was actually thinking about bringing this up again after I finished my Wrigley mod, but the subject kind of renewed itself. I did some poking around in the datafile and after a couple hours of testing, I found not only the settings for the pitcher location, but also the bullpen camera.

well, yes. Pirate and I both happened to be looking through the stadium datafiles a few months ago, and we figured it might be possible. I was actually thinking about bringing this up again after I finished my Wrigley mod, but the subject kind of renewed itself. I did some poking around in the datafile and after a couple hours of testing, I found not only the settings for the pitcher location, but also the bullpen camera.

CC,

How much work would it take to work on each teams bullpen cameras?

I'm not sure what you're saying. How is the corner different?

cornerwallsbusch.jpg

In the 'corner' that slanted wall only juts in a few feet into fair territory. That's why the wall graphics and above all advertisements seem 'off'. Because in real life, they do infact go all the way to the edge of the 'straight' left field wall.

In the 'corner' that slanted wall only juts in a few feet into fair territory. That's why the wall graphics and above all advertisements seem 'off'. Because in real life, they do infact go all the way to the edge of the 'straight' left field wall.

NOW I see what you're saying. The picture plus explaination DEFINATELY helped. I never noticed the angle in-game. I guess cuz most of my shots to deep left go OVER the wall, not AT it. lol. (I have a tendancy to either hit a homer, if I hit it in the air, or pop it up - especially when I pull the ball).

CC,

How much work would it take to work on each teams bullpen cameras?

what do you mean?

Pirate, btw, I'm going to try and finish the datafiles ASAP, but I currently have been spending more than 12 hours at school every day(because of wrestling). As a result, I have very little time to do anything. I will do my best to get it done soon.

You want a night version of the datafile too, right?

What weight class are you? You kick everyone's **** in grapplin?

last year was my first year (as a freshman) and I wrestled at 112. My season record was about 12-13. Despite my .500 record, I managed to place 2nd in the conference tournament.

This year, I hit a bit of a growth spurt and I weigh about 126 right now. I want to wrestle at 125, but I am pretty lean and muscular, so I don't have much to lose. Hopefully, I can win a spot on varsity. If not, I'm cool with wrestling JV.

last year was my first year (as a freshman) and I wrestled at 112. My season record was about 12-13. Despite my .500 record, I managed to place 2nd in the conference tournament.

This year, I hit a bit of a growth spurt and I weigh about 126 right now. I want to wrestle at 125, but I am pretty lean and muscular, so I don't have much to lose. Hopefully, I can win a spot on varsity. If not, I'm cool with wrestling JV.

Good luck man! Love the sport. I wrestled for a private team 4 years before high school, then for all 4 years of high school (1 on freshman, 3 on varsity). Started at 103, then 112, then 125, then 135. (kept getting fatter - lol). I wrestled about half a season in college - but it was seriously killing my grades so I had to quit. plus I got tired of getting my butt kicked. lol.

what do you mean?

With the adjustments you made for Busch, would you be able to change the views in all the stadiums. I don't have a pic, but the bullpen cameras in Camden Yards are terrible, IMO. Just something different to add to the game.

With the adjustments you made for Busch, would you be able to change the views in all the stadiums. I don't have a pic, but the bullpen cameras in Camden Yards are terrible, IMO. Just something different to add to the game.

Yea, I guess I could mess around with those. I might even make a tutorial on how to edit the pitcher placement in the bullpens and the cameras. It is very similar to editing the game datafile.

Archived