Busch Stadium III Update!

Pirate

Any update on these? I am just about done with the stadium. Thanks man.

I am sorry for my slacking. I am staying at a relative's house tonight, but I will finally have some free time tomorrow morning, so I'd expect them about 10:00 AM tomorrow your time.

Are there any other changes besides the bullpens, retired players, and BIG MAC sign? I'd love to see some pics!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Pirate - I was just playin' in your kickass stadium again... and I hit a monster, towering blast to left field and I truly enjoyed the replay it showed from the outfield perspective... and it allowed me to really enjoy your stadium once again. lol.

I was wondering if you had ANY plans on re-visiting your work here or not?

I know it's only the same three "issues" (if you can call them that) that remain (I put them in order, greatest to least important, in my own opinion):

1. The issue where the right-field decks do not extend into fair territory.

2. The missing press-box (with massive Bud Light advertisement).

3. The fact that the outfield walls are "angled" too far from the corners (see HardCoreLedgend's previous post).

Like I've said before - this stadium rocks, and I was just wondering if you were still working on it at all. If not - that's fine.

Thanks again for all your work.

EDIT: Are these particular 3 "issues" even POSSIBLE to "fix?" If so - I suppose I could stop complaining and read some tutorials and possibly attempt it myself. lol. Of course - if it was that easy, somebody like SeanO or HCL or one of the other stadium guys might've attempted it by now.

Sorry - just noticed this today. You've got big-mac land in the extreme upper-deck. That sign should technically be on the next deck down. I see how it might be hard tho - since in real life the upper deck extends out LESS far than the next deck below it (where big mac land is)... but in the game the upper deck extends farther. ah well.

it happens. :)

Sssshhhhh. I don't want people to get excited, but i plan on touching up all the stadiums again this year. I will fix the ads for sure. So no more inaugaral logo.

I won't be messing witht he press box, because no one really sees it anyway. I also cannot fix the stands in right. I built that part before the right field stands were even built in real life and all the drawings I had showed them stopping at the foul line.

SeanO and I might be working on some collision updates as well so I will run the walls past him.

Sssshhhhh. I don't want people to get excited, but i plan on touching up all the stadiums again this year. I will fix the ads for sure. So no more inaugaral logo.

I won't be messing witht he press box, because no one really sees it anyway. I also cannot fix the stands in right. I built that part before the right field stands were even built in real life and all the drawings I had showed them stopping at the foul line.

SeanO and I might be working on some collision updates as well so I will run the walls past him.

lol. Thanks for the update.

Also - when I installed the latest update... somehow I'm not succeeding in having Kraw's installer put the .txt files in to fix the cameras.

How am I possibly screwing up the easiest process in the universe?

lol. Thanks for the update.

Also - when I installed the latest update... somehow I'm not succeeding in having Kraw's installer put the .txt files in to fix the cameras.

How am I possibly screwing up the easiest process in the universe?

I don't think Kraw's installer has support for extracting or importing to stadiums.big yet. You have to change the stadium.txt file manually then import using EAZip. This goes for stadium select screens as well.

BigO he created a special installer for the Busch Stadium when it was released... I think that is what Raptor is talking about

stadium.big?

I was trying to do it wrong, then - lol. The readme says datafile.big, which IS supported by Kraw's Installer Thingy:

For the correct stadium cameras by ChicagoCubs720:

Open the datafile.big (located in C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005datadatafile) in the EAGraphics editor.

Click on the import wizard and and click next, then click add and select the 2 files (bushday.txt and bushnite.txt) from the files you extracted. Click open and then click next and finish.

The install I made installed the camera files

There's a specific installer for the stadium(s) now? SOB... where the F have I been?

EDIT: Duh. It came with the original Busch III, but wasn't in the busch III v2 (update) rar file.

SO - I can just put the "pirate installer" in the MVP dir, make a subdir called "install" and put the files into it... and run it and it should put the cameras in?

no, there is no installer for stadiums, all you have to do is copy and paste them. Kraw made an installer for Pirate that would also install the camera files.

I know that you only need to copy the day and night .big files to install the stadium itself - it is the cameras I was having a problem with.

And that is because the readme said "datafile.big" not "stadium.big" - and since I knew that Kraw's Installer Thingy could add .txt files to datafile.big, I tried using it. Obviously it didn't do anything. Now that I know what was wrong, I can install them (if I d/l EAGraphics Editor)...

I was just asking if the "old" Pirate Installer could be used with the updated stadium.

Sorry RaptorQuiz I'm getting confused myself, must be the lack of sleep. I've got stadium select screens on my brain (you'll see why shortly). You will find the cameras in the stadium .txt files in datafile.big. Thus that is where they go with Pirate's installer.

Stadium select screens are in stadiums.big file and have to be put in manually using EAZip.

Sorry for the confusion... :wall:

• 8 months later...

I have a silly question - I loaded up this stadium, and it seems that the backround scenery (the buildings, signs, etc....) look like one gray blob of shapes as opposed to what it's supposed to actually be. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

CB

Archived