TheSpungo's Total Mod Thread

thespungo

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are the Cubs coming up soon?

I dunno. I'm kinda thinking about holding off on releasing individual teams and taking a little break. I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on this, so I'm beginning to think that this whole project might be a gigantic waste of my time.

I really believe that unless I change my name to KCcitystar, no one's going to download my uniforms...

I dunno. I'm kinda thinking about holding off on releasing individual teams and taking a little break. I haven't gotten a lot of feedback on this, so I'm beginning to think that this whole project might be a gigantic waste of my time.

I really believe that unless I change my name to KCcitystar, no one's going to download my uniforms...

I'm using every set that you have released lately in my Cubs Dynasty. Great work, but I understand where you're coming from.

I've downloaded, and love all the uni's you've put out with this project. No offense to KCcitystar but I think your jerseys have alot more detail and are more accurate. For example, the Cubs home uni's that you released with the central pack. The logo on the front is much bigger and truer to the real thing and that is something no uni set to this point has had. They truely are head and shoulders above the rest.

And anyone reading this, I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone's work, just stating my opinion and giving spungo his well deserved props...

Spungo, Great work on all the unis! I would really like to use your uniforms, especially the M's pack but I cant seem to get them installed correctly. I have read all the readme's and forums but no luck and I have tried numerous times. I use KC's because his comes with a nice installer that makes it easy. Maybe that could be something you look into...

I've downloaded, and love all the uni's you've put out with this project. No offense to KCcitystar but I think your jerseys have alot more detail and are more accurate. For example, the Cubs home uni's that you released with the central pack. The logo on the front is much bigger and truer to the real thing and that is something no uni set to this point has had. They truely are head and shoulders above the rest.

And anyone reading this, I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone's work, just stating my opinion and giving spungo his well deserved props...

Thanks, I put a lot of work into the Cubs uniform. I'm glad someone noticed my penchant for details. I'm trying to go above and beyond what everyone around here expects from a uniform mod.

No offense to KCcitystar but I think your jerseys have alot more detail and are more accurate. For example, the Cubs home uni's that you released with the central pack. The logo on the front is much bigger and truer to the real thing and that is something no uni set to this point has had.

That's not to say I won't change things in the next update :). Spungo has helped me out significantly and so have I with his work, and for that I'm thankful. I considered switching over to his templates for all my unis at one point, since I'm going to be doing every team that exists in the game, but for the sake of keeping it Kccitystar, I've used elements of both. In some ways they are similar, in others they are not.

Spungo does incredible and tremendous work with his uniforms and yes, he's a perfectionist and will get every superlative detail correct before releasing his uniforms, which I respect tenfold....and go Royals.

I use KC's because his comes with a nice installer that makes it easy. Maybe that could be something you look into...

I use the installer because there are exactly 164 MLB uniforms (including the ASG and umpire outfits) in my update that have been re-done, and now it will go even higher to 348 uniforms with the entire minor league system. Another reason I use an installer is because I don't release my uniforms individually, other than the major overhauls like the Reds and Diamondbacks. There will be a time where I will release them individually but that time will come when the changes I make will be very small. Maybe next year's version of the uniforms will be individual sets.

The sake of it being easy to use just comes with the installer, but to install it with a .bat script is the same.

-KC

I think you're using more than enough of my work in your uniform update as is, KC. People already assume you do everything in there, so I think adding my templates would only add to that confusion and rob me of any credit.

I didn't really care before, but now that I'm trying to do some new things with uniforms and also release a league-wide update, I'd like to make my work singular and one of a kind.

Is the NL east pack up next?

No more of the home uniform packs, I'm doing a full league uniform pack instead. It will take a giant chunk of time...

Those Philly uni's are sweet spungo. Hey, when are you getting your new system?

Wait 'till you see the Phillies uniforms in-game -- they're easily the best things I've ever created with my own two hands. And my new computer is on hold for a bit until I can round up enough cash. Maybe if each person on this site donated to my cause and gave me a dollar, I could get my killer comp and speed up my big uniform pack...

I'd like some feedback from Tigers fans -- what equipment do you want to see your team in? Right now it's looking like Franklin gloves and Nike Air Zoom Clippers are popular with most Detroit players, so that's currently what I'm going with.

For one, I would like to see a slightly larger Old English D. Most of the ones just seem too small. Two, and I don't know if it can be done....can you give them the correct style of belt loops? The Tigers don't have a big loop on the sides and back like most other teams. They have like 8 small loops all the way around. Sheffield

Casey

I like these gloves better than the Franklins:

Pudge

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing what kind of Alternate Jersey you could come up with either.

For one, I would like to see a slightly larger Old English D. Most of the ones just seem too small. Two, and I don't know if it can be done....can you give them the correct style of belt loops? The Tigers don't have a big loop on the sides and back like most other teams. They have like 8 small loops all the way around. Sheffield

Casey

I like these gloves better than the Franklins:

Pudge

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing what kind of Alternate Jersey you could come up with either.

Good suggestions... so good, in fact, that I already had them included in my set before you asked.

Wait 'till you see the Phillies uniforms in-game -- they're easily the best things I've ever created with my own two hands. And my new computer is on hold for a bit until I can round up enough cash. Maybe if each person on this site donated to my cause and gave me a dollar, I could get my killer comp and speed up my big uniform pack...

Too bad the team wearing them can't put together a major league rotation or bullpen.

Kinda in the same ballpark as the Tigers unis, I'm anxious to see what you could come up with as an alternate uni for the Phils. I'd love to see some of the maroon from the 80's in a concept, and of course, whatever else you decide on. Great work as usual!

hey spungo,

I was looking at some pressbox photos today and noticed that Albert Pujols is the only Cardinal that wears a black undershirt. Everyone else wears red shirts.

could you change that possibly?

Yeah, and David Wright is the only Met that wears the orange undershirt, yet I threw that in for two of my Mets uniforms. I think the different undershirts look really rad with the Cards and Mets, but if enough people complain I can put the red shirt back in for the Cardinals home uniform. In the meantime, use their home alt, it's got the red undershirt.

And don't tell me that orange shirt doesn't look awesome with my Mets jerseys...