TheSpungo's Total Mod Thread

thespungo

1. Are we aloud to just take your freaking awesome stuff, put it on our uniforms we create, and release it?

2. And, I'm assuming we should be listing you for credit.

Would this same principle apply if I start using templates for unis. Like, KC has a template posted and maybe someone else, I don't know. Is doing this in both instances common courtesy, common practice, common sense-of which you're now assuming I do not have.

1. It would make sense to do so, within the grounds that if you used someone else's work as a base for your mod, they should be credited in the proper documentation.

2. Read #1.

The same principle somehow applies with unis, but seeing as my templates are used a majority of the time for other projects and/or for personal use, I don't care unless someone claims "those templates are mine". It's common courtesy and a common practice for modders to give credit to one another as a sign of respect, I guess.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Are we aloud to just take your freaking awesome stuff, put it on our uniforms we create, and release it?

2. And, I'm assuming we should be listing you for credit.

Would this same principle apply if I start using templates for unis. Like, KC has a template posted and maybe someone else, I don't know. Is doing this in both instances common courtesy, common practice, common sense-of which you're now assuming I do not have.

What do you mean? What are you taking? If you would like to take the Royals logo and put it on a Brave jersey, I think that would not only be acceptable, but also encouraged.

What KC said is pretty much the standard jist. I released my 'Total Uniform Accessories' so people can have the opportunity to add any of my junk to their uniforms, so I don't mind at all to see people using my things...

Earlier in this thread I asked re: creating dirt. You responded, to my dismay that you did not know how to create it in Photoshop.

What about this file called:Adiddas Excelsior Low_Black-dirty

Did you make that encrusted dirt yourself?

Thanks for your upload.

Earlier in this thread I asked re: creating dirt. You responded, to my dismay that you did not know how to create it in Photoshop.

What about this file called:Adiddas Excelsior Low_Black-dirty

Did you make that encrusted dirt yourself?

Thanks for your upload.

I guess somewhere along the line I figured out a decent way to make my shoes look dirty. I don't really have a method for it, it's just something I've started doing in the past month or so. Use some feathering, add some yellow coloring, add some noise... I dunno, you just gotta try whatever works.

I have a problem: i downloaded the new uni pack but the clippers swoosh maps really bad.

Can you fix that?

EDIT:

The link for the 2.1 pack doesnt work:( is it possible that you can put it on rapidshare or megaupload etc?

Post me a close-up screenshot of the Air Zoom Clippers and I'll re-edit them. I never really check stuff before releasing it anymore, but KC assured me everything looked ok. If they indeed don't map correctly, I'll leave him a strongly worded message in bold red type...

I guess somewhere along the line I figured out a decent way to make my shoes look dirty. I don't really have a method for it, it's just something I've started doing in the past month or so. Use some feathering, add some yellow coloring, add some noise... I dunno, you just gotta try whatever works.

Thanks, if you remember anything else I'll be all ears. Thanks again.

Would you be willing to include a layer of dirt in .psd format that looks encrusted the way you put it on those shoes and (include it in your download as an update)?

After two days of trying various techniques, I've not come half as good as yours looks. My looks like a dirt stain, or smokey dirt. Yours looks encrusted. If I've ever seen beautiful dirt, that would be it.

Would you be willing to include a layer of dirt in .psd format that looks encrusted the way you put it on those shoes and (include it in your download as an update)?

I don't really work with PSDs, so I'm not quite sure how I would go about adding a dirt layer.

How about you just tell me the shoe you want to be dirtied and I'll dirty it up.

... If you have specifics as to what you did for Noise and and feathering so that you won't be bothered again, that help would be appreciated very greatly.

I don't really have a method, I mainly just tweak and play around 'till I'm satisfied with my results. The main components of making dirty shoes are using noise, adding yellow via color balance, and blurring/sharpening. The noise really makes the dirt, in my opinion.

If you wouldn't mind posting a screenshot of these in-game, I'd be curious to see how they look as I've never tested any of my dirty shoes. Hope this is ok:

nikemetalshoxallblackwiej3.png

I've finished my opus. 13 uniforms total -- The four 2007 home/roads, one 2006 alternate, one spring training, two 2005 throwbacks, two 1980s throwbacks, one 1970s throwback, one Negro League throwback, and one fantasy concept.

If anyone would like to test these out before I release them, It'd help me catch any problems.

directorscutpreviewiy9.th.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Spungo!

Don't think you can slink around and update your mods with out dropping in and telling us whats up! ;)

I have been meaning to ask you about the new Yard II Under Armour gloves. As in, if you still mod... MAKE EM! lol These are some sick gloves man. The master of gear needs to hook us up. I completely suck ***** at uniform stuff or I would do it myself.

Here are some pics if you ever decide to give em a go. Or if anyone else wants to try.

p3077150dt.jpg

p3077170dt.jpg

p3077145dt.jpg

Highest Res Site I Could Find

Notice how I like the white and navy ones... :toothless:

You got it!!! Who do you want done?

I recently busted up my shoulder so I have tons of time on my hands.

I started trying to work on the gloves but only have got to the palms and I have no clue how to do the glove itself. Heres what I got so far.

uayrdiipalmwhtpq6.png

uayrdiipalmblkos2.png

I also was going to give the UA Bomber Metal Low cleats a shot.

p2838771dtbt8.jpg

You need more than one face done? hmmmm.. ;)

You need more than one face done? hmmmm.. ;)

You got it, this is why I love working with you. I'd love to finally get a Zack Greinke and Ryan Shealy cyberface (I posted my textures if you'd like to fiddle with those -- http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2853...5/start=0.html). I posted a pretty good Justin Huber texture in there as well if you'd like to take a crack at it. Mitch Maier might be a good young guy to get a cyberface, he has the potential, along with Huber, to be traded to a better team, so the demand for them might be higher. Choose whoever, I just really really want a fantastic Greinke face for once -- no one has ever attempted to top his horrid default EA face.

The UA shoes will be a botch, but I've been thinking about doing them since last year, so I'll go ahead and do them already. Consider all your UA equipment needs created.